• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get out there and VOTE!

Done. Two for Scott Brown.

I've only missed voting in one election (local) since I became eligible to vote (age 21 back then) and only because I was called out of town at the last minute and was in upstate NY that day . . . and I felt terrible about it, but couldn't do anything about it.

2 more for Brown. Wife was #4 this morning and I was #277 . Not a single sign outside for either party. I was a little surprised by that. I guess the other locations in town had Brown supporters.

2 more for Brown. It was nice to actually vote for a candidate that I really wanted to vote for instead of voting for the "lesser of two evils". I haven't voted for a candidate that I really liked since 1980. Pretty sad statement.

Bob

Decided to go and vote before the wife got home, I did a quick tally of the ballot counters and over 4 thousand votes in Franklin as of 12:10 today.

Wife and I are done for Brown. I hung around for an hour to hold a sign. Bring a coffee or two for the Brown guys holding signs, it's cold out there!

Voted about 9:30 this morning over in Wilmington. No lines, but it was busy and the lot was packed.

No supporters for Coakley outside, but there was one guy with a Brown sign. Gave him a thumbs-up as I drove by on my way out.

WOOT!!!! I have one D at work who has been on the fence and kinda set in in his ways. We chatted this morning and he told me "he will make his mind up in the booth".. I refused to "push this guy" this month...... We chatted at lunch and he told me talking this out with someone really helped him out...

He is going with Brown!!!! Another registered D thats voting for Brown...

We voted around 11 and there were no lines (about 20 voting stations).

Rack up four more for Brown (me, wife, and grown kids), not to mention all the others I'm hounding to get out and vote for Scott.

As of 2pm, the anchors on Fox News seem to be constantly repeating ...."However this comes out....".

I hope they're not hearing anything from exit polls that has caused them to start hedging.

We voted around 11 and there were no lines (about 20 voting stations).

Rack up four more for Brown (me, wife, and grown kids), not to mention all the others I'm hounding to get out and vote for Scott.

As of 2pm, the anchors on Fox News seem to be constantly repeating ...."However this comes out....".

I hope they're not hearing anything from exit polls that has caused them to start hedging.

The numbers would be meaningless. The bulk of the voters are still at work.

The numbers would be meaningless. The bulk of the voters are still at work.

I understand about the timing, but in the past, the media (and the consultants they hire) are able to make preliminary assessments on turnout up to various times of day and responses from those exiting the polls. It's a bit of a 'science' and there are patterns that can be tracked.

I prefer to forget about their comments and maintain a positive attitude.

Voted on my way home from work + 1 for Brown. If the check marks next to names in my precinct was any indication of voter turnout... lots of folks voted today.

My wife myself and brother all voted for Brown absentee a few weeks ago. My mother, stepfather and step brother voted for Brown today. My In-Laws even voted for Brown! Thats 8 more votes right there.

Although my grandmother was sneaky. I talked to her over the weekend and she said that her and my grandfather weren't gonna vote cause they would cancel each other out. I talked to my mother and she told me my grandmother went out and voted for Coakley, but left my grandfather at home cause it takes too long to get him ready and the roads were too bad.

If I was in Massachusetts tonight I would drive him myself. Thats bogus!

So proud of my self today, not only did my wife and I vote for Mr.Brown, my brother the liberal, who voted for Obama, came home tonight and I asked him out of curiosity, did he vote today, he said no, I asked him why not, he said he didn't think it was important. I told him it is just as important today as it was back in November of 08. He said ok, and got up and grabbed his jacket, and took off. I asked him who he was voting for, he told me he would tell me when he got back, so I waited. He came home, and I was expecting him to ring praises of Coakley and how we needed her. I was wrong, he looked at me, and said "What can Brown do for you? I guess we will see".I was floored. So that makes 5 out of six in my family, who voted for Brown. The sixth doesn't vote so thats a non issue, but still would have been nice.

Go Scott!!!

Back
Top Bottom