Getting that sick feeling....

Don't know how the rest of you are feeling, But I am beginning to get the feeling that there wont be elections in 2008. I wont elaborate on why, but I know that some of you are keeping up with things well enough to see the framwork being set up right in fornt of our eyes.

God help us....

Please let me be wrong about this.......

I wont elaborate on why...

Why not? Is it because you really don't know anything? Or because you know that what you "think" you know can be easily refuted by others who are able to think for themselves and not simply repeat distorted and paranoid ramblings from other websites? If you had something which was defendable, you would post it.

You seem to be thinking along the same lines as another "doom-and-gloom" member of this forum.

You probably are. Which is not to say that everything is rosy because we do have problems. But I highly doubt that they are of the magnitude nor direction which you imagine.

You sound like the dufus I ran into at a gun club today.

Dressed like a .mil wannabe and rambling about corporations running the USA.

What a fruitcake.

I suspect he's talking about the Pres' new power to declare Martial Law any time he feels the need.

Not something I'm thrilled about, but I don't think that he's planning a junta or some thing of the sort, either.

Why not? Is it because you really don't know anything? Or because you know that what you "think" you know can be easily refuted by others who are able to think for themselves and not simply repeat distorted and paranoid ramblings from other websites? If you had something which was defendable, you would post it.

You seem to be thinking along the same lines as another "doom-and-gloom" member of this forum.

You probably are. Which is not to say that everything is rosy because we do have problems. But I highly doubt that they are of the magnitude nor direction which you imagine.

You are correct. I really don't know anything specific. Just a bad gut feeling. Will I be wrong about this? Probably. Will it be just another paranoid rambling? I hope so.

Thanks for reading and responding though.

I suspect he's talking about the Pres' new power to declare Martial Law any time he feels the need.

Not something I'm thrilled about, but I don't think that he's planning a junta or some thing of the sort, either.

All the same, a few more magazines and a few more thousand rounds would not hurt.

If anything the next elections will result in "progress" for the people that
want to destroy our nation... either another fascist or another communist
gets selected, which takes the nation down another notch as a whole.

That said, I don't fear rapid, sweeping changes from the government....
you're better off worrying about the slow, gradual ones that tend to be overlooked.

-Mike

If anything the next elections will result in "progress" for the people that
want to destroy our nation... either another fascist or another communist
gets selected, which takes the nation down another notch as a whole.

That said, I don't fear rapid, sweeping changes from the government....
you're better off worrying about the slow, gradual ones that tend to be overlooked.

-Mike

amen to that!

All the same, a few more magazines and a few more thousand rounds would not hurt.

Anything that gives you an excuse to go out and by more guns, mags and ammo has a bright side to it. It's only when it creates an actual use for them that you've got problems. [wink]

Ken

Don't know how the rest of you are feeling, But I am beginning to get the feeling that there wont be elections in 2008. I wont elaborate on why, but I know that some of you are keeping up with things well enough to see the framwork being set up right in fornt of our eyes.

Assuming your gut feeling is right, will you do anything to stop it? Or runaway and wait it out?

I got a sick feeling when King GW passed law that US Armed forces are required to fire upon american citizens if ordered to do so.

Quote please. You seem to lack even a rudimentary understanding of the lawmaking process and the difference between law and executive order.

God help us....

I don't know, man. Planet Earth will obviously destroy itself before our Sun burns out, but I don't think it'll be within the next 2 years. Fill us in. [grin]

Quote please. You seem to lack even a rudimentary understanding of the lawmaking process and the difference between law and executive order.

In some cases executive order BECOMES law. EG, 1989 import ban, signed by
GW bush, is still standing... and we still have that festering POS 922R
on the books to show for it. I'm not sure of the mechanics/restrictions on
it, but I know for a fact that an EO can be a very powerful thing.

-Mike

I got a sick feeling when King GW passed law that US Armed forces are required to fire upon american citizens if ordered to do so.

For better or for worse I think whomever is in charge in our govt. would be very unwise to ever use that power.

If the US Armed Forces in question were to ever implement that power to any real effect (I.E. not just another Kent State type incident that could easily be passed off) - then I think the shiite would really hit the fan. Although some elements within our military would follow those orders I'm sure - I think there are sizeable portions of the military that would not, so what you end up with is a split within our armed forces. You would also see all sorts of other things happening - there are a number of secession movements around the country for instance. If our own military starting attacking US citizens regularly I think you would things such as secession move from being fantasy/conjecture to actual reality. In other words - all hell would break loose once those shots start getting fired.

Here is another good article with a little bit of historical insight into the ways that power is grabbed by a dictator. Although we all like to simplistically think that some sort of evil spell fell over the Germans when they put the Nazis into power the truth is little more complicated than that:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/hornberger/hornberger132.html

If you bother to read the article you will see there are some parallels between Germany then and the U.S now. Paranoia? Maybe - but I would think that a bunch of "gun" people who talk about carrying to be prepared in case they are attacked, stocking up on ammo in case the SHTF - and spend countless hours typing about all the ways the govt. comes up with to take away our right to bear arms should be just a tad concerned with the potential to have a real situation in this country where all of the worst cases of these things could come true.

Better to be prepared than be subjugated. The wife is starting to wonder about me this year. I've sold the car for a 4x4 diesel truck. Bought a gun safe and stocked it with ammo and cleaning kits for the guns. And today, a box of self-heating MREs arrived. I've re-read a few books about survival and my old Outward Bound material. If the US goes south, I've got friends in Canada who've stated if I can get up there, I can stay there. Hunkering down in MA doesn't seem like a good idea long term.

Maybe I should put Red Dawn on a loop. ;)

Back
Top Bottom