• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost Guns in the news

"According to Walsh, a ghost gun is ordered online in parts and put together at home. They are unregulated and also do not have a serial number"

(Walsh is now an SPD spokesperson. Prior, he was a gun-hating "reporter" for 22News)

What in the world charge is this? It’s separate from carrying without a license.
  • Carrying a loaded large-capacity firearm on a public way

These things have been turning up in crazy amounts in the Springfield area. Most likely just as bad in the rest of the state. Their days are surely numbered.

I support ghost guns and do not believe in background checks, nfa, any of the bullshit (now here's the but)..

The deal with these things is until we abolish Brady they are a way to bypass the background checks typically required for all other guns. Enterprising criminals will build them in quantities, ie why sell/buy/posses potentially stolen guns or those with a body on them, or expose yourself by getting them privately or via a bad FFL, when new clean guns are available?

The problem is since lefties get their panties in a knot over this stuff, now they are doing things to target basic parts, which were never that interesting to them before.

I am a big flag waving freedom guy and love the concept of ghost guns, but the politics of promoting them, keeping them available for any unskilled idiot to finish, and potentially not being able to buy a replacement barrel some day due to the regulations that may follow, isn't a good trade.

I support ghost guns and do not believe in background checks, nfa, any of the bullshit (now here's the but)..

The deal with these things is until we abolish Brady they are a way to bypass the background checks typically required for all other guns. Enterprising criminals will build them in quantities, ie why sell/buy/posses potentially stolen guns or those with a body on them, or expose yourself by getting them privately or via a bad FFL, when new clean guns are available?

The problem is since lefties get their panties in a knot over this stuff, now they are doing things to target basic parts, which were never that interesting to them before.

I am a big flag waving freedom guy and love the concept of ghost guns, but the politics of promoting them, keeping them available for any unskilled idiot to finish, and potentially not being able to buy a replacement barrel some day due to the regulations that may follow, isn't a good trade.

Any laws coming our way were coming our way regardless. People who's sole purpose is power and to restrict freedom will always find an excuse to do so. They will push as far as they can until people decide to give them the finger.

There is no trade.

The bump stock ban was a test by the ATF and of our citizens.
They illegally made a rifle stock to now be classified as a machine gun.
That sword to not die on, is the same one we are going to let kill our freedom!

I'll make a firearm out of my left arm bone if I have to.

No more deals, no more compromises!

You think this whole covid-19 thing is about our safety too?
Pull your head out of the sand!

Hold on, wasn’t our premise against gun control was that guns don’t kill people, people do? So stay on that train of thought..who cares if it is a ghost gun or not, the laws against murder, robbery, illegal possession of a firearm still apply. Who cares how the gun originated? Or are we worried because someone else might do it...

I noticed during the riots and in the past few months that Fanny Packs are back in style.

A "high capacity ghost gun" that's a new one on me. "Ghost guns" have nothing to do with capacity.
The media is hyping fear against the facts to undermine our God given rights.

G43 P80 is technically a low-capacity ghost gun. ;)

I noticed during the riots and in the past few months that Fanny Packs are back in style.

Use, not style. They weren't stylish even when The Rock sported one.

^Nice!
Ah, a Friendly Ghost Gun. Nice move!

Them: "Ghosts are scary so, we;ll use that word."
:/
But, I do always think of Casper when I hear it.
:)

Oh, are the poor whittle criminals not obeying our laws again.
I'm sure they would listen if you write the law with a couple more pretty pleases and a few sugar coated, unicorn kisses.
Because we all have learned through our "War" on drugs and thugs that they always obey laws.[rofl2]
I mean the "Just say no" campaign was so successful..:rolleyes:
How many politician's have said "they'll do the right thing".[slap]

Look at the ATF and the "Fast and Furious" scandal and it isn't hard to figure out how to supply a small or large gang of thugs with firearms.:mad:

If you just open a fake gun shop business and liquidate most of your stock to the underworld and when the ATF comes knocking you are nowhere to be found.
Open it up with a stolen identity and disappear from sight once you have released your stock out.

Or own a massive collection and just give it all away.

Oh, to the noo's, not jail.. Please, not that. LOL

Can you say family reunion!

Many other ways to supply firearms to those that shouldn't have them.

Never mind an underground machine shop buying raw forgings and set up for mass production...

Because if your willing to commit murder, than that gun charge isn't going to change your mind!

Last edited:
Oh my gawd! A hoodrat doing hoodrat things just became a matter of national importance because an item, which the hootrat could not legally possess anyway, didn't have a number printed on what is (forensically speaking) the most inconsequential assembly of a firearm for the purposes of tracing it back to use in crime.

Like tracing a firearm has ever stopped someone from murdering someone.

It has. A lot. At least 3 episodes in 20 seasons of Law & Order had them trace a gun and get a perp. That's 3 out of 500 or so. By those stats, NYPD alone must use it 3-4x a day to save someone's life.

Damn, look at the size of the magazine.... it has to be a high capacity gun.
View attachment 373179

I sooooo wanted that thing. And then I got it for Christmas that year. What I recall is that it wasn't hard to use, but the main spring was about 500# in order to pierce the plastic. Not the easiest toy to use.

Guy from Winthrop arrested with ARs built on 80% lowers. Another guy from Milton arrested on a separate matter also involving 80%, but no details provided.

The bump stock ban was a test by the ATF and of our citizens.
They illegally made a rifle stock to now be classified as a machine gun.
That sword to not die on, is the same one we are going to let kill our freedom!

I'll make a firearm out of my left arm bone if I have to.

No more deals, no more compromises!

You think this whole covid-19 thing is about our safety too?
Pull your head out of the sand!

It wasn't just that they lmade something illegal without any legislative process.

Its that they made it illegal RETROACTIVELY with no grandfathering. This is actually not a 2A issue. Its a 5A issue since it represents a Governmental taking of property without compensation to the owners.

Can you think of any other instance where
1) the inventor explicitly asked the relevant regulatory agency to approve his device.
2) the inventor received in writing approval that the item was legal.
3) The relevant regulatory agency roughly 8 years later (at the urging of a tyranical President, remember that Obama's DOJ said there was nothing they could do until Congress changed the law) changed its mind and made this item illegal.
4) The relevant regulatory agency ordered that all owners of this item either destroy said item or turn them over to the same Government that approved their legality 8 years earlier.

Sorry. No. This is tyranny by all measures of the word. It has nothing to do with the 2A. It could apply to anything. Gas powered cars, golf clubs, incandescent lights. Whatever.

It wasn't just that they lmade something illegal without any legislative process.

Its that they made it illegal RETROACTIVELY with no grandfathering. This is actually not a 2A issue. Its a 5A issue since it represents a Governmental taking of property without compensation to the owners.

Can you think of any other instance where
1) the inventor explicitly asked the relevant regulatory agency to approve his device.
2) the inventor received in writing approval that the item was legal.
3) The relevant regulatory agency roughly 8 years later (at the urging of a tyranical President, remember that Obama's DOJ said there was nothing they could do until Congress changed the law) changed its mind and made this item illegal.
4) The relevant regulatory agency ordered that all owners of this item either destroy said item or turn them over to the same Government that approved their legality 8 years earlier.

Sorry. No. This is tyranny by all measures of the word. It has nothing to do with the 2A. It could apply to anything. Gas powered cars, golf clubs, incandescent lights. Whatever.

Worse - the Supreme Court gave the whole deal a pass. Expediency at the detriment of the Republic. It it's so damned important - pass a law!

"With little experience, a kit can be turned into a working firearm in about a half hour. "

I am calling shenanigans on that one. Maybe a zip gun if you are lucky.

P.S. apparently "grandfathering" is now a bad word. Please keep using it at every opportunity.

Grandfathering

"With little experience, a kit can be turned into a working firearm in about a half hour. "

I am calling shenanigans on that one. Maybe a zip gun if you are lucky.

P.S. apparently "grandfathering" is now a bad word. Please keep using it at every opportunity.

Grandfathering
polymer80 glock lower, dremel with metal bits, drill and use bits provided. It can be done in under 15 minutes.

Oh noes!!! He had a copy of Hitlers Manifesto!!!

I'm sure all the antifa have copies of communist crap.

Who killed more people?

Here is the real problem:

"long-standing history of arrest involving violent gun use,"

Probably not the poster boy for 2 Alpha.

Oh noes!!! He had a copy of Hitlers Manifesto!!!

I'm sure all the antifa have copies of communist crap.

Who killed more people?

Here is the real problem:

"long-standing history of arrest involving violent gun use,"

Probably not the poster boy for 2 Alpha.

I read that shit in college as required reading. Who knew my philosophy class was training up a bunch of neo nazi's

Back
Top Bottom