• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost guns seized in Burlington and Woburn; officials warn of dangers they pose

The picture of the bust shows p80 boxes. I mean What is the point of printing outside of the hobby for normal street criminals.
TH
After collection day ALL gun owners will be criminals…so same reporting.

Also, it appears that these ”ghost guns” are more dangerous to the operator than the operatee…

View attachment 729358
Something is weird there since the rear rails should have ripped the back of the frame apart if the damage was from a kaboom.
Also the fracturing doesn't look right for a printed item.

So why do the wokesters have their panties in a wad over 3D printed guns? Plastic guns look ridiculous and can barely function.
that is not quite true, really. the issue is real enough. it is debatable of how constitutional is the effort of police to prosecute anyone for self-making weapons, but, the issue with simplicity to produce those fully operational weapons is there.

Something is weird there since the rear rails should have ripped the back of the frame apart if the damage was from a kaboom.
Also the fracturing doesn't look right for a printed item.
i think they have a damaged p80 in there, but, who knows from those pictures. and who cares.

On Feb. 9, a State Police trooper in Wilmington pulled over a vehicle driven by Sean O’Connor, 37, of Woburn for alleged erratic driving. The trooper found an ammunition magazine during the stop, and searched the vehicle further. The trooper then discovered that O’Connor was in possession of a loaded 9mm Glock-style firearm with no serial number, as well as magazines and ammunition for an AR-15 rifle, officials said.

O’Connor was arrested for driving after his license was suspended for operating under the influence, Ryan’s office said.

Police then executed a search warrant for O’Connor’s home on Brentwood Lane in Burlington. They found multiple completed Glock-style ghost guns and components of uncompleted handguns and AR-15-style rifles. Officers also uncovered a drill press and other tools used to manufacture ghost guns, officials said.
What was the basis for the search warrant? It doesn't say anything about him not having an LTC so it wouldn't be illegal for him to carry a "ghost gun".

What was the basis for the search warrant? It doesn't say anything about him not having an LTC so it wouldn't be illegal for him to carry a "ghost gun".
that is why i stated - it would be interesting to see a factual list of charges that will stick.

they swatted the premises #2 due to the guy #1 ratting him out, obviously. i guess it was enough for the warrant, and now the incriminating drill press and printer make the evidence. we shall see what transpires out of it, hopefully.

as i can feel it, they seem to work on having 'production' to be equal to 'distribution', for what it matters.

that is why i stated - it would be interesting to see a factual list of charges that will stick.

they swatted the premises #2 due to the guy #1 ratting him out, obviously. i guess it was enough for the warrant, and now the incriminating drill press and printer make the evidence. we shall see what transpires out of it, hopefully.

as i can feel it, they seem to work on having 'production' to be equal to 'distribution', for what it matters.

My bet they are positioning for a plea deal, will throw a ton of bullshit charges to scare defendant shitless and penniless, then try to settle for a few charges to keep their record as "tough on crime"

ton of bullshit charges to scare defendant shitless and penniless
i kinda doubt the defendant there is of a middle class segment with too much to lose or worry about.
same as i kinda doubt if any people here would make supplying local gangbangers with shitty guns their primary business model. i maybe wrong, of course.

one way or another - 3d printing is here, it is booming, they finally made all that tech reliable and cheap enough - so, it has to become now just as massive and widespread as it can possibly get. i am not a proponent of any regulations, but, i do not think the companies that still capable to sell slides and barrels with no limitations will continue to exist for long.

as to keep pushing for regulations, controls, measures and ass exams when any thug knows how to make a dozen of shootable glocks in a week for less that $300 apiece - it is just a futile fight.

Last edited:
i kinda doubt the defendant there is of a middle class segment with too much to lose or worry about.
same as i kinda doubt if any people here would make supplying local gangbangers with shitty guns their primary business model. i maybe wrong, of course.

if that's the case, dude should have dealt heroin. When arrested he just rolls on his dealer and works out a deal like that guy in Framingham who had full auto, SBR AK, but somehow walked.

if that's the case, dude should have dealt heroin. When arrested he just rolls on his dealer and works out a deal like that guy in Framingham who had full auto, SBR AK, but somehow walked.
Sounds spicy, I gotta read this. Got a link to an article or a name or something?

Funny, I missed the ghost gun charges again. I must need new glasses or something. Lots of trigger words there.
Actually, they may not be any. MGL 269-11c prohibits possession of firearms with removed/defaced/etc. number but makes no mention of guns made without a serial number.

Since "firearms" in MA means handgun and SBR, it would appear to be legal to obliterate the number on a rifle or shotgun - unless I missed a section applying to those guns that are not firearms (under the MA definition) or a section that changed the definition for the purposes of 269-11C.

Section 11C. Whoever, by himself or another, removes, defaces, alters, obliterates or mutilates in any manner the serial number or identification number of a firearm, or in any way participates therein, and whoever receives a firearm with knowledge that its serial number or identification number has been removed, defaced, altered, obliterated or mutilated in any manner, shall be punished by a fine of not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment for not less than one month nor more than two and one half years. Possession or control of a firearm the serial number or identification number of which has been removed, defaced, altered, obliterated or mutilated in any manner shall be prima facie evidence that the person having such possession or control is guilty of a violation of this section; but such prima facie evidence may be rebutted by evidence that such person had no knowledge whatever that such number had been removed, defaced, altered, obliterated or mutilated, or by evidence that he had no guilty knowledge thereof. Upon a conviction of a violation of this section said firearm or other article shall be forwarded, by the authority of the written order of the court, to the colonel of the state police, who shall cause said firearm or other article to be destroyed.

that is not quite true, really. the issue is real enough. it is debatable of how constitutional is the effort of police to prosecute anyone for self-making weapons, but, the issue with simplicity to produce those fully operational weapons is there.

Where's the line?

Can I build myself a minigun?

A Lahti anti-tank gun (aka redneck shotgun)?

An AR15?

A Glock 19?

A garrot?

A dagger?

A rusty railroad spike?

The first few are unquestionably firearms and supposedly subject to rules/regulations. The others are commonly found in your garage or kitchen. Will those someday be illegal to make/possess?

Where's the line?

Can I build myself a minigun?

A Lahti anti-tank gun (aka redneck shotgun)?

An AR15?

A Glock 19?

A garrot?

A dagger?

A rusty railroad spike?

The first few are unquestionably firearms and supposedly subject to rules/regulations. The others are commonly found in your garage or kitchen. Will those someday be illegal to make/possess?
it is good that you understand well how the enforcers see it. no one should be allowed any means for practical self-defense, that is the line.

anything that can potentially harm a swat team busting your door at the middle of the night for no good reason is highly illegal and prohibited, from chef knives to baseball bats to glocks or f15s with nukes. it is a very simple line.

it is a very simple concept at the core - you are not allowed to fight back, and it applies to all aspects of life. they push it into kids heads from kindergarten here. you have to snitch, complaint, or weep in the corner. but you are not allowed to stand up for yourself or what matters, as it upsets the social justice and balance of powers.

Do 3D printers do metal? Strong enough to be the frame or receiver on a firearm?
The cheapest I've seen is $30,000 and requires a unique powdered-form metal which costs something like $100/lb. A decent metal printer is $100,000+, with commercial-quality versions coming in at around $1,000,000.
Even to make quality firearms from 80% parts, the equipment cost is too high if you only want to make one or two guns for yourself. If you like making things, you already have the equipment to make quality firearms. And no, a hand drill and diagonal cutter are not what makes for a quality firearm.
I don't see 80% guns all that useful but I WILL stand for the right of the law-abiding citizen to make whatever tools they need, including firearms.

Someone challenge the MSP and get the numbers of how many serial numbers are used to solve the violent crime problem in the Commonwealth. All those shootings in Dorchester, Mattapan, Brockton, Chelsea, Fall River, Springfield, etc. How many times did they recover a gun, and use the serial number to find the shooter.

Oh, the number is near zero? Tell us then, how banning 'ghost guns' will help?

Sounds like there are existing laws for possessing a firearm without a license, serial number or registration.

We do not need any additional laws for this.

But it will be used to further oppress the law abiding.
This is the thing, you can own 10,000 firearms, including mini-guns and grenade launchers, but that 10,001-th gun you built yourself? FELONY MOTHER F*&#(*$&#(* !!!!!!!

My new counter-argument for 'gun-control' is "sure, right after we get cocaine off the streets". I mean, it's already illegal to possess, sell, manufacture, you get fired from lots of jobs if it's in your system - yet, it's everywhere. Every town. I shut a squak-bawking liberal down recently. She hates that I own guns. I made her a deal - get cocaine of this country - not a trace - and I'll destroy my firearms right in front of her. Not all illicit narcotics, just cocaine. If in 10 years, there is still cocaine in this country, you have to pay me the sum of $1.00. Do you want to take the deal? You put up a buck at the chance of watching me destroy over a dozen firearms, deal??? She did not take the offer. So, "and what do you supposed you'll accomplish with gun control, other than filling prisons with otherwise "formerly-law-abiding-people" -- just like we do with the drug laws." Crickets after that... then "I'm just sick of people getting shot and killed." Me: "newsflash, Romands killed millions with arrows and swords. At best, we go back to just that."

Leave a messages with the DA’s office to let them know they are anti American and anti 2A scum whose office is more dangerous to our rights. Building your own firearm is a legal right not to be infringed!

Actually, they may not be any. MGL 269-11c prohibits possession of firearms with removed/defaced/etc. number but makes no mention of guns made without a serial number.

Since "firearms" in MA means handgun and SBR, it would appear to be legal to obliterate the number on a rifle or shotgun - unless I missed a section applying to those guns that are not firearms (under the MA definition) or a section that changed the definition for the purposes of 269-11C.
I think you missed my sarcasm

“Ghost Guns” are a drop in the bucket of guns traced from MA. As always, anti-gun advocates go after the tip of the iceberg, as it’s more visible, leaving the vast measure of violent crime out of sight.

A21648EA-4D87-4D2C-827F-8FE6F95403A3.jpeg

“Ghost Guns” are a drop in the bucket of guns traced from MA. As always, anti-gun advocates go after the tip of the iceberg, as it’s more visible, leaving the vast measure of violent crime out of sight.

View attachment 729644

10 Derringers...REALLY?!? Who is using a Derringer to commit a crime? [rofl]

ETA - Actually, I guess there was one guy that committed a pretty important crime with one. Wonder if it was serialized?

abraham-lincoln_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

stats there probably include all confiscations, not only crimes.
Yes, the largest category of MA trace guns was “Firearms Under Investigation”. The disclaimers: “ Not all firearms used in crime are traced and not all firearms traced are used in crime. Firearms selected for tracing are not chosen for purposes of determining which types, makes or models of firearms are used for illicit purposes. The firearms selected do not constitute a random sample and should not be considered representative of the larger universe of all firearms used by criminals, or any subset of that universe.”

But if “Ghost Guns” were the majority, or even a significant proportion, of firearms traced - I think we’d hear about it.

1050A571-9A61-498D-AA85-D01AC61F4BE8.jpeg

Crickets after that... then "I'm just sick of people getting shot and killed." Me: "newsflash, Romans killed millions with arrows and swords. At best, we go back to just that."
the f***ed up thing about her argument is that they think gun owners aren't just as sick of it. It's so insulting and disingenuous of gun grabbers to think we don't care, too.
We just have different responses to people getting shot and killed. Defending ourselves vs calling 911 and hoping someone ELSE with a gun gets there in time. Because their lives are worth the $35/hour we pay them vs the value of your own life is what? Never mind the fact that police have no duty to protect you. If your own life is worth saving, wouldn't you want to?

hoping someone ELSE with a gun gets there in time. Because their lives are worth the $35/hour we pay them
funny for you to say that, but, it is exactly what 90% of women thinks. and most of those males who were bred into womens mentally (and physically also, now)

they do not just 'hope' - they are sure it is how it works, and, until the first time they get properly stomped by a gang on a street, that is what they believe into.

Back
Top Bottom