Glock 19 Accuracy

Yay, a Glock vs 1911 thread![smile]

I shot my G19 a quite a bit and found it to be fairly accurate for what it was. You just need some basic instruction and a lot of range time.

Definitely take Mike-Mike up on the offer for help. He's a very good instructor and an all around good guy. Spent an hour with him a couple weeks ago and it was well worth it, so much so I'll be bringing my wife along next time [grin].

I have a 1911 that has been eating everything for the last 40 years. Show me a glock that does that.

My Glock 34 has several thousand rounds without cleaning and without a hiccup. I'm confident that given the test of time it'll be fine, dirty or not. It eats anything.

2 out of the 3 1911's I have required some minor work in order for them to feed "mostly" anything.

I keep my 1911's very clean and lubricated.
My Glock: I just throw back into the safe and make sure none of the dirt from it gets on the clean guns. :)

My Glock 34 has several thousand rounds without cleaning and without a hiccup. I'm confident that given the test of time it'll be fine, dirty or not. It eats anything.

2 out of the 3 1911's I have required some minor work in order for them to feed "mostly" anything.

I keep my 1911's very clean and lubricated.
My Glock: I just throw back into the safe and make sure none of the dirt from it gets on the clean guns. :)

There are videos of your Glock jamming.

I also don't understand why Glock owner always need to say how long their gun can run without cleaning or lube. What does it prove? That the gun is made with loose tolerances. That you enjoy putting additional wear and tear on your gun for zero benefit

There are videos of your Glock jamming.

I also don't understand why Glock owner always need to say how long their gun can run without cleaning or lube. What does it prove? That the gun is made with loose tolerances. That you enjoy putting additional wear and tear on your gun for zero benefit

Hehe yes there are.
Those ended up being mag issues.

It proves that they can take wear and tear and still function correctly when you want it to.

Sort of like taking a 4 wheeler through 6 feet of water and saying "hey it still works"

That and one less gun to clean means I can spend my time on other useless things.

So I was at the range the other day and the guy next to me had a nice 1911. Put 14 rounds into a 3" group at 33 feet. I then put 14 rounds onto a man-size target at 33 feet...this got me thinking- I know his 1911 was a more accurate firearm...but really THAT much better?!? My groups with a Ruger MKIII (my 3rd time shooting it ever) were 1/3 the size of those with the Glock.

Is it me or the gun? The recoil doesn't bother me in the least, I *think* I'm on target...but the rounds just don't land where expected- they are all over the place!

It's not built to be a target pistol but mellon shots at 33' should be no problem if you do your part. What more do you need? [smile]

Sorry to say but.........okay I am not sorry, I used both at the range a 1911 and a G19 and to be honest (at least in my case) the G19 kicks the 1911 ass at 5, 10 and 15 yards, in accuracy, time, rounds without a problem, rounds without cleaning, and so on.

Once again, that’s my case; yours could be completely different one.

Ish.

Different guns are different for everybody. I stick with my Sig P228 as my daily carry because from the first time I ever fired it, I was very accurate with it. I quickly then found out not only was I accurate with it, but I could fire it rather fast and remain accurate.

That being said, the first time I ever fired my SW1911 several years ago, I thought I had 2 hits on the bullseye of a 50yrd indoor target (from about 30 feet away) and everything else completely missed paper...until I walked up to it and realized all 8 rounds had grouped so close that it made 2 large holes which I had assumed were from only 2 rounds. I have shorter fingers and the grip I'm able to get on a 1911 gives me a lot more control than on any double-stack.

Accuracy

I have never fired a glock. Never could get pass the looks of them. Too Bulky in my hands, etc.

My Kimber 1911 is the most accurate gun I own. I can pretty much close my eyes and still hit the target.

My Smith and Wesson 6906 is also very accurate. It's my current carry gun.

Both firearms shoot without a hitch. Very reliable and will bet my life on them both.

I'm still learning both my Sig Mosquito and my Para Hawg 9. Need some more time at the range with these two.

I think accuracy has a number of factors. Gun Grips and Holding Gun. Aiming properly and pressing the trigger with ease and not hard. Muscle control, etc.

Back
Top Bottom