Glock 27 ammo

Hi All
this has probably been answered before but I cant find it.
I just picked up a G27 and was talking to someone at the range and they said they remember hearing something about the Glock should not have lead ammo used in it? is this true if so I guess I will have to wait till the spring to shoot on the outside range.
thanks for any advice

I just picked up a G27 and was talking to someone at the range and they said they remember hearing something about the Glock should not have lead ammo used in it?

That is correct for all Glocks. The polygonal rifling doesn't mix with bare lead ammo. This is addressed in the manual that came with your Glock. If you didn't get a manual, call up Glock and they'll send you one.

I bought a conventionally rifled aftermarket barrel for a G21 years ago, so I could shoot lead. Works as advertised, thousands of rounds later. Like any barrel, you get what you pay for. I believe I got mine from the old Federal Arms, can't remember where they got them from. I've always heard good things about KKM and Barsto Glock barrels. Might want to check Glocktalk or one of the other Glock forums for companies currently producing good barrels.

ok whats anyones thoughts on buying an after market barrel like from KKM or barsto that will allow the use of lead ammo?

I've owned some Lone Wolf branded barrels, and they do work as advertised. You can get a conversion barrel from them that will allow you to shoot 9mm from your G27 (nice little savings at the range) and your 40 cal. mags will work just fine with 9mm.

I have and had many Bar Sto barrels for my variuos semi autos and the only one that didn't drop in was for a Browning HP and the Bar Sto people were quick to respond for a fix.
In fact I had a Glock Bar Sto barrel and shot oloads fo lead bullets with and it will shoot jacketed just aswell

what about winchester beb or brass encased base ammo, is that ok through a glock?

If you want to shoot lead then you need to go aftermarket.. lone wolf, Bar Sto, KKM, Storm Lake. I have a KKM in my G22 and it has performed flawlessly.

I would caution you to stay away from reloads, lead or otherwise, unless you trust the reloader.. there have been issues with reloaded ammo and glocks not mixing well in some peoples eyes.

There are enough reasonably priced .40 FMJ ammo's out there that you should be able to target shoot regularly without breaking the bank. The issue is FINDING the stuff right now, it ain't easy! Buy whatever you can get your hands on that is not priced out of this world.

If this is a CCW gun you want to shoot a magazine of what you carry in it for CCW ammo regularly to be proficient.

I thought there were issues with the extractors when using a 9 barrel in a Glock designed for .40S&W/.37Sig?

Buy an aftermarket .357Sig barrel for it and have some fun on and off the range with it.

Last edited:
I have the KKM Precision barrel for my G27 and it works fantastic. It's more accurate than the stock barrel and I shoot mostly my own lead reloads from it. The chamber is quite a bit tighter than stock and it's fully supported so there's no bulge in the brass. You can't use a 9mm barrel unless you change the slide too because the bolt face and extractor are different.

Back
Top Bottom