Glock 48 for 2019

While we may know how to get prebans, a lot of people don't care enough, don't have the money, or are just plain scared. For all of them, the availability of preban mags is moot, and a pistol with a design max of 10 rounds is valuable. This is especially true if they have smaller hands, and so gain benefit from the narrower grip.

This ^. Plus the fact that prebans won't last for ever. They are lost/damaged/destroyed and cannot be replaced...lawfully.
20 years from now your G19 will be working like a champ. The 40+ year-old magazine... maybe not so much.

This ^. Plus the fact that prebans won't last for ever. They are lost/damaged/destroyed and cannot be replaced...lawfully.
20 years from now your G19 will be working like a champ. The 40+ year-old magazine... maybe not so much.

They just have to last til the Trump Court tosses out the ban. :)

this grip is a G19 grip that’s narrower. I don’t find the G19 grip that comfortable, G17/G45 fits my hand much better. Maybe the smaller width will help. If so I’d be interested in a G43X. I don’t see the point of a longer slide, if it’s for home defense I’d prefer a G45 or G17. I have the 17 round prebans already.

The last thing on my list was another Glock. And then I had to stop by Shooters Outpost today and hold one. My mind came up with all sorts of reasons why I now need to own one...

Sorry but my hand is only comfortable with at least 30

There are videos on YouTube of Cerakoted G19X, G43X, and G48 slides.

Apparently, the slide requires some surface preparation, but it's doable.

Just got back from the NRA convention in Indy. Fondled a 48 and a 43X. I have been carrying a 26 for about 6 years AIWB and I thought I was all set. But I need one of these. I don't care which, but I would slightly prefer the 43X. Everybody's requirements and tastes are different, but these things are about the best carry gun I've ever come across. Dammit now I have to buy yet another holster and retire my 26 to the basement "storage" room.

I think I'm going to need a G48. Then I can swap the slide/frame with my G43 to create the 43X if I want to try that too.
It's 3 guns in 2.

Back
Top Bottom