Glock 9mm Single Stack coming in 2015

Glock should have done that instead of the .380 G42. Cant wait for Hickok45 to do a video on this one and I REALLY cant wait until I get a hold of one. In Mass its going to cost what $400 over normal retail. Uuuuugghhhh....

curious why?
Glock = Less $ than the PM9
Glock = Lighter
Glock = Better trigger
Glock = Always works

Because its doubtful this new gun will come in at the PM9 size class. Itll probably be more like shield/lc9 size class. It's very hard to make a gun thats the size of the PM9 without it being crap.

Im not dissing the nonexistent glock, but an just tellibg it like I think its gonna be. I might even buy one if its halfway decent.

Um. Why hasn't anyone mentioned the MA Approved Firearms Roster?

Because nobody cares about that BS. Those guns will be in MA a week after they're released, whether martha (or her replacement) likes it or not, or whether EOPS likes it or not. Let's just leave it at that.

-Mike

Last edited:

It's not like you're going to be able to buy one in MA brand spanking new from an FFL without credentials.

In all likelihood if you get one, it's going to be an FTF from someone who moved to this hellhole and it's going to cost you $200-300 over rest-of-the-nation market prices until things settle down. Then they'll be just a bit more for a used gun.

It will most likely make the roster like all the other glocks did. Just won't make the AG list. If it does then it would have to make it onto the head janitor's list at the statehouse. And if it makes that list it will have to be approved by the groundhog on Groundhog Day. If it doesn't meet the groundhogs arbitrary and capricious guidelines then it will be comm2a v. Groundhog. By the time that mess is settled, the gun will have been discontinued.

Damn it's late.

I bet it's going to look just like any other Glock. Bo-hooooring.

For the last twenty or so years, I've resisted buying a Glock. Every time I've picked one up, and the few times I've shot a friend's I just couldn't get past "this thing's a brick, an UGLY brick".

Right after Newtown I started shopping for a "high-capacity 9", figuring that they were likely to get outlawed here in what the license plates still call "The Constitution State", (<spit>). I was looking for a CZ after shooting a friend's but I couldn't find one and since the shop had three of the other handguns I was looking for I was kinda set on making a deal.

I handled a number of handguns including a Glock-34 and for the first time, the Glock felt "almost right". I bought it that night, still thinking of it as an ugly brick, but at least it was a "high-capacity" ugly brick. I've put probably 2,000 rounds through it conservatively speaking and the more I shoot it, the more I like it. It just works. Feeds any ammo I want to put through it, cycles reliably, hits at point of aim. I use it for medium bore pins sometimes, for ConTact matches and as a carry gun sometimes.

It's boring, it's aesthetically displeasing -- but it's absolutely reliable. So, to repeat a quote I read somewhere - "Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies".

Since buying the 34, I picked up a used 21SF (.45), and a 42 (.380). They're the same as the 34 (9mm) - ugly and absolutely reliable.

So I use them for carry guns most of the time, and I use the beautiful Kimbers, Colts and Rugers on the range where a stovepipe isn't potentially life-threatening.

Your mileage may vary.

Because nobody cares about that BS. Those guns will be in MA a week after they're released, whether martha (or her replacement) likes it or not, or whether EOPS likes it or not. Let's just leave it at that.

-Mike

Isn't it two levels of difficulty? Guns on the EOPS but not AG approved are easier to get than guns not on the EOPS, or so it seems to me.

I CANT WAIT!

The Glock is the perfect gun. 1st and foremost, it works. 2nd, it's the best looking gun... It has a simple design and it looks awesome in black.

Alot of rappers even like it.

"I got my twin Glock fortay, cocked back!" - Ludacris

"Grab your Glock when you see Tupac" - Tupac Shakur

"When you see me on your block with two Glocks screaming f*** the world like Tupac..." - Eminem

"Let you inhale the Glock smell, while I'm rippin' your wallet off and slippin' a Molotov in your cock tail" - Eminem

I CANT WAIT!

The Glock is the perfect gun. 1st and foremost, it works. 2nd, it's the best looking gun... It has a simple design and it looks awesome in black.

Alot of rappers even like it.

"I got my twin Glock fortay, cocked back!" - Ludacris

"Grab your Glock when you see Tupac" - Tupac Shakur

"When you see me on your block with two Glocks screaming f*** the world like Tupac..." - Eminem

"Let you inhale the Glock smell, while I'm rippin' your wallet off and slippin' a Molotov in your cock tail" - Eminem

Don't forget that it can go through metal detectors.

Not sure I will get one.

I hate small guns with a passion, if I can't carry at least a G19 I feel naked, I like the G26 too but Mrs Snackbar stole mine. That said i might pick one up for swimshort activities.

Last edited:
Not sure I will get one.

I'm on the fence also. It'll have to be significantly better to shoot than my Shield or there's no point for me. The shield is completely reliable, small but still shootable, and a solid overall gun in the single stack 9mm category.

I have no doubt I'll prefer the look and feel of the glock, but that's probably not enough to make me buy one

I hate small guns with a passion, if I can't carry at least a G19 I feel naked, I like the G26 too but Mrs Snackbar stole mine.
I have a gen4 G26 and am very happy with it. To me the length of the grip is more a problem than the width of slide. I don't see any benefit for single stack glock other than thinning the slide. That being said, I would not mind having a 9mm version of G42, just not something i will lose sleep over if i don't.

I have a gen4 G26 and am very happy with it. To me the length of the grip is more a problem than the width of slide. I don't see any benefit for single stack glock other than thinning the slide. That being said, I would not mind having a 9mm version of G42, just not something i will lose sleep over if i don't.

Oh the new one isn't going to be comparable in size to the 42? If its just a single stack 26 I'm going to pass.

I'm on the fence also. It'll have to be significantly better to shoot than my Shield or there's no point for me. The shield is completely reliable, small but still shootable, and a solid overall gun in the single stack 9mm category.

I have no doubt I'll prefer the look and feel of the glock, but that's probably not enough to make me buy one

Really don't need to jump ship in a hurry if you are comfortable with the system you are used to. When we win the lawsuit, Glock will be more available and cheaper than before.

I bought a NIB Gen3 G26 recently and I still can't decide which I'd rather keep if I had to sell that or the Gen2 G19 w/ factory night sights. I like 'em both.

if its smaller or same size but lighter than my PM9 then i am IN!
blows me away nobody has made a more pocketable 9mm than the PM9 (which I really like)

It's not like you're going to be able to buy one in MA brand spanking new from an FFL without credentials.

In all likelihood if you get one, it's going to be an FTF from someone who moved to this hellhole and it's going to cost you $200-300 over rest-of-the-nation market prices until things settle down. Then they'll be just a bit more for a used gun.

You do realize that this is Northeastshooters.com and not Massachusettsshooters.com. Right?

You do realize that this is Northeastshooters.com and not Massachusettsshooters.com. Right?

Not directed at him specifically (as that kind of post is not the only one I've seen around here) but it seems there is a huge mind virus around here where people enjoy whining/ being obsessed about the compliance status of something more than they want to talk about whether something is good or not. If they spent as much time looking for what they wanted (or coming up with some kind of a LEGAL wall-hack to obtain it- and there are tons of these) then the issue would be kinda moot. Handgun compliance is a form of "noise" that prevents people from accomplishing things. If the Wright brothers had this mindset about flight, then they would have sat around and whined about how humans don't have wings instead of getting motivated and inventing something to enable it. [laugh]

-Mike

Not true. The additional cost, at most, should be under $100 as Dr. Grant has already typed.

if its smaller or same size but lighter than my PM9 then i am IN!
blows me away nobody has made a more pocketable 9mm than the PM9 (which I really like)

I doubt it'll be lighter (or smaller) than the PM9. That camming trigger mechanism thing that Kahr has patented buys them a bit of space, among other things.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom