Glock 9mm Single Stack coming in 2015

Still don't totally get the obsession with single stacks, particularly single stacks that aren't pocket sized. I'll take the damn near double capacity for a slightly less thin gun. If this ends up like the M&P shield in size, total pass.

Big enough to remain shoot-able, yet considerably more comfortable than a double stack.

It's really that simple.

Big enough to remain shoot-able, yet considerably more comfortable than a double stack.

It's really that simple.

Thats the beauty of the P9 or LC9 sized gun. I love my P9, but if Glock made a dimensionally equivalent gun, I'd buy it in a minute.

All of this only matters in MA. In CT, I just carry a G17 OWB.

Don

Still don't totally get the obsession with single stacks, particularly single stacks that aren't pocket sized. I'll take the damn near double capacity for a slightly less thin gun. If this ends up like the M&P shield in size, total pass.

I am with you, if I am going to deal with wearing a holster, it is going to be a full size gun. A reduced capacity pistol aught to be a pocket sized gun. That is what interest's me for summer days when I want to wear a pair of light shorts and a tee shirt. Currently the CM9 is likely what I am going to look at come spring time, I doubt Glock will build this in a way that makes sense.

Well said.....

- - - Updated - - -

I am with you, if I am going to deal with wearing a holster, it is going to be a full size gun.
Agreed....

Guns dont belong in pockets. Pockets are reserved for phone, keys, and wallet. Single stack goes in IWB holster. More comfortable than double stack in IWB.

I am with you, if I am going to deal with wearing a holster, it is going to be a full size gun. A reduced capacity pistol aught to be a pocket sized gun. That is what interest's me for summer days when I want to wear a pair of light shorts and a tee shirt. Currently the CM9 is likely what I am going to look at come spring time, I doubt Glock will build this in a way that makes sense.

That's why I like my xds, I really do pocket carry it a lot . I don't wear skinny jeans and crap and it fits perfect in my shorts.
The seats in my rx8 sick balls for iwb. When I do use a holster I like it at 4-5 .

I need to upgrade my winter carry to so e thing that holds more the my 1911.

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE Glock's...It's my preferred pistol HOWEVER, I find none of them comfy to carry concealed. I carry a Khar CM9 most of the time and don't even know it is there. It will be hard for me to replace that.

Guns dont belong in pockets. Pockets are reserved for phone, keys, and wallet. Single stack goes in IWB holster. More comfortable than double stack in IWB.

You are wrong about guns in pockets. What if you wear a tucked in shirt and absolutely can not be "made". The pocket is often the best solution. Far better than an ankle holster.

With that said, I don't think a single stack 9 is a good pocket gun, at least not for me. Too big and heavy for a pocket. Even a PM9.

Other than that I agree with you. A single stack 9 is a nice IWB gun. Its about comfort. My Glock 26 conceals as well as a Kahr. But its far less comfortable, especially if you are going to be driving. The Kahr, IWB is my choice for when the family drives down to CT.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should refine your statement to if you are going to be wearing an OWB holster, it might as well be a full sized gun. that makes sense. With an IWB there is a huge variance with size and comfort.

Pc6Nj1E.gif

A single stack 9 is a nice IWB gun. Its about comfort. My Glock 26 conceals as well as a Kahr. But its far less comfortable, especially if you are going to be driving.

I think you should refine your statement to if you are going to be wearing an OWB holster, it might as well be a full sized gun. that makes sense. With an IWB there is a huge variance with size and comfort.

A no clip Remora holster allows the IWB G 26 / 27 user the option to find their comfort zone no matter if sitting, standing, or lying down. The only difficult part of owning a Remora holster is when one has to relieve themselves while standing, if you get the no clip option.

Still don't totally get the obsession with single stacks, particularly single stacks that aren't pocket sized. I'll take the damn near double capacity for a slightly less thin gun.

Speaking purely from my own (tiny) perspective, double the capacity is nothing if I can't wrap my hands around it to get a decent shot off.

If this ends up like the M&P shield in size, total pass.

If this ends up like the Shield in size, I am TOTALLY IN! Maybe even 2 of them... dual wield [thumbsup][smile]

It will be as big as a 42.

Glock is not going to make another frame after the g42 which has 380 cartridge just as big as a 9mm.

No, I meant full sized gun, IWB. I have no problem with my G17/19 or M&P9, in either a Raven VG2, CTAC, or INCOG. Given the fact that I tote the G19 98% of the time, I suppose I could have refined my post to say a full capacity pistol, even though I consider it close enough to a full size pistol.

I like my new Ruger LC9s, but there's no question it will be replaced immediately if the new Glock is the size of a G42 but in 9mm.

I think it'll be slightly larger. Like Dcmdon says the G42 can't eject a full size 9mm round, somethings gotta give, the OAL of the gun will have to be ever so slightly longer, unless Glock has come up with a wacky design that conserves dimensions. Problem is Kahr has the IP for the most obvious engineering fixes for such things. Even if it is bigger, if its not a POS it will still sell like mad.

I think it'll be slightly larger. Like Dcmdon says the G42 can't eject a full size 9mm round, somethings gotta give, the OAL of the gun will have to be ever so slightly longer, unless Glock has come up with a wacky design that conserves dimensions. Problem is Kahr has the IP for the most obvious engineering fixes for such things. Even if it is bigger, if its not a POS it will still sell like mad.

Makes sense. A little bit of OAL isn't a big deal so long as width and height hold. OAL is the least important factor in concealability IMO.

What do you mean by that?

He means that a semi shot from inside a pocket will misfire. The pocket will prevent the slide from retracting fully and you'll get a jam. It might happen on the first shot, second shot, later, or not at all if you're really lucky but the point is you can't reliably fire a semi inside a pocket. Revolver is good to go.

He means that a semi shot from inside a pocket will misfire. The pocket will prevent the slide from retracting fully and you'll get a jam. It might happen on the first shot, second shot, later, or not at all if you're really lucky but the point is you can't reliably fire a semi inside a pocket. Revolver is good to go.

Which is good news unless you were trying to shoot your dick off. In what situation would this sound like a good idea? I'm pretty sure your defense attorney would tell you to use the sights instead of shooting the children.

I pocket carried my P238 but even that tiny thing took a ton of practice to draw and get on target in UNstressful practice. I'm not shooting it down as a possibility but there is no replacement for a good holster attached to a belt.

This new Glock looks interesting for people like my wife who struggle with the grip size of my 26. Glock isn't going to make a 9mm smaller than the .380 so a pocket 9mm is out. My guess is they use the same basic frame as the 42 and the slide reciprocates more to allow for the larger round, that keeps with all of their other models.

I just don't get the 42 if they were planning this all along. The same people looking at the 42 really wanted this so why even put .380 in the lineup? Then again, this IS the company that invented their own cartridge to fill a GAP nobody cared about.

I just don't get the 42 if they were planning this all along. The same people looking at the 42 really wanted this so why even put .380 in the lineup? Then again, this IS the company that invented their own cartridge to fill a GAP nobody cared about.

In some european countries, civilians cannot own firearms in the same calibers the military uses. So they could buy a .380 glock but not a 9x19mm.

Which is good news unless you were trying to shoot your dick off. In what situation would this sound like a good idea? I'm pretty sure your defense attorney would tell you to use the sights instead of shooting the children.

Jacket pocket point shooting. I don't advocate it, and I never carry that way. Just answering a question.

I'm guessing because the fanboys looking for something in that niche bought the .380, and now they will also buy the 9mm.

Seems like Apple tactics. I'll bet there will be used G42s with few rounds through them for cheap very soon.

bigblue said:

There's still a market for the 42, thats why. It's one of the softest shooting .380s you can buy, and with like 2 or 3 exceptions most of the other 380s in its class are garbage in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom