Good experience with Browning

LLF

NES Member
I was cleaning one of my Browning Buck Mark Camp pistols last week when the recoil spring got away from me and launched itself into another galaxy. After trying to find a replacement on various sites with no luck I called Browning to see if I could order one from them. The guy I spoke to in parts was very helpful and when I told him what happened he sent a brand new assembly to me at no charge, even though losing it was my fault. I have to say I am very pleased with this experience (and I will be more careful with the recoil spring in the future)! Thank you Browning!

Good thing it wasn't Boyd's...

Seriously though, taking a gun apart first time is best done in a large clear plastic bag. Several years ago I was replacing the buffer on a Marlin 60 and thought the pins holding the trigger/spring assembly only had circlips on one side and that a few taps of the Hammer would separate the halves. Well, when it DID come apart, pieces went everywhere. I ended up giving the gun away as karma since it was going to cost me about $60 to fix a $100 gun nobody ever shot anymore.

Good thing it wasn't Boyd's...

Seriously though, taking a gun apart first time is best done in a large clear plastic bag. Several years ago I was replacing the buffer on a Marlin 60 and thought the pins holding the trigger/spring assembly only had circlips on one side and that a few taps of the Hammer would separate the halves. Well, when it DID come apart, pieces went everywhere. I ended up giving the gun away as karma since it was going to cost me about $60 to fix a $100 gun nobody ever shot anymore.
I had a funny feeling that the Boyd's rant wasn't finished yet.

I have one to add...Christmas before last I bought myself a new 725 Sporting Adjustable to break clays with and it had a rebate of $150 or something like that. I filled out the card and sent it in and either didn’t get the check or forgot to cash it somehow. 6mo later I got a letter from them saying that the rebate check hadn’t been cashed and would I like it cancelled and a new one reissued? I called them up and they sent a new check out right away. I kept an eye out for it and cashed it that time. Most companies would probably just say “oh well, guess he didn’t really want his rebate” and move on.

I've only had a single dealing with Browning in 35 years, I needed and extractor claw for a Norinco. [laugh]
It was like $6 with shipping, and came with a big warning sticker that this is NOT to be used anything other than a Genuine Browning SA-22. So I guess the parts people must know that most or these sold are really going into Norinco clones.

I bought a browning with the 10 percent
Rebate this year. Total rebate process was easy, tracked and had check in two weeks.

Company is a class act

.....when the recoil spring got away from me and launched itself into another galaxy.
ha ha...can't even remember how many springs have launched on me over the years. I do my work on the dining room table. I should get one of the metal detector guys over and hit the rug and see if we could recover some.

Get a cat lol my little bastard used to go haul ass after my p22 recoil spring otherwise I'd never have found it

Back
Top Bottom