• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got a little change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling......

Xmas Bonus is here and I'm wondering what to do with it.
Under consideration:
44mag Lever action. Preferably a Winchester 92. To go with my S&W Model 29.
357 Mag lever action. cause I stand to inherit my Dad's 686+.
9mm: CZ75, G26, M&P Shield, 9mm 1911 (Already have Browning High Power, Ruger LC9s, Beretta 92A1)
45ACP: 1911 Commander, G30 (Already Have S7W E series 1911, Custom Colt 1911, M&P45c)
Revolvers: ????
C&R: Luger, P-38, Mosin M-44

All suggestions welcome. Pics preferred.

Xmas Bonus is here and I'm wondering what to do with it.
Under consideration:
44mag Lever action. Preferably a Winchester 92. To go with my S&W Model 29.
357 Mag lever action. cause I stand to inherit my Dad's 686+.
9mm: CZ75, G26, M&P Shield, 9mm 1911 (Already have Browning High Power, Ruger LC9s, Beretta 92A1)
45ACP: 1911 Commander, G30 (Already Have S7W E series 1911, Custom Colt 1911, M&P45c)
Revolvers: ????
C&R: Luger, P-38, Mosin M-44

All suggestions welcome. Pics preferred.

All good choices you have listed. I've got a Henry 44 rifle and use to have the Henry 357 until I sold it last year. Both awesome rifles to shoot.

I've got a CZ75, Shield, and a Dan Wesson 9mm 1911 and would definitely recommend those (or some other 9mm 1911 like a Springfield Range Officer or Ruger).

Don't own anything in 45 and no plans to buy one either. Got enough calibers to reload.

Revolvers: can't beat a Ruger GP100 or Super Redhawk 44. I sold my super redhawk to get a dan wesson 44 just a few months ago. No issues with the super redhawk, just wanted the DW as it has interchangeable barrels.

C&R guns: SKS, Mosin m44, mosin 91/30, Romanian tokarev, CZ-82 are what I own or did own at one point. All great choices.

get the lever guns.
C&R i would go with something like a CZ52 beast of a gun and the round is pretty stought

Id say get a m10 or a mac11.. find a dealer with 50/50 payment put 2500 down and next christmas when it transfers it hits you'll have to pay the other half.

Im not really a mac fan at all, just wanted to suggest somthing that might be a possibility..
Get your FA now or youll be priced out.

Bought an unissued Yugo SKS with mine.
Shot it for the first time Sunday .
Very accurate and almost no recoil.
Love it.
The postman brought me a package full of stripper clips today.

I'm leaning towards a lever action. While I do like the Henry's I'm mor partial to the side loading winchesters 1873, 1892 & 1894.
I see Rossi and uberti have some beautiful guns. Case hardened with amazing wood stocks that follow in the Winchester design.
do any of you have experience with these manufacturers?

I'm leaning towards a lever action. While I do like the Henry's I'm mor partial to the side loading winchesters 1873, 1892 & 1894.
I see Rossi and uberti have some beautiful guns. Case hardened with amazing wood stocks that follow in the Winchester design.
Look for an older Marlin lever. They made lever guns in .357 and .44 magnum, plus .30-30 and a bunch of other rifle calibers. Look for the JM stamp, built before the Remington buyout, and if you can find one without the cross-bolt safety, so much the better.

You don't have a G26? Dude.

Other than that, definitely the lever action 44 mag. Assuming you have a compatible revolver. If not, ...Dude.

Swing by Patriot in Ipswich.
He had a lever action 45-70 carbine with a ported barrel in stainless.
I think it was a Marlin but not positive.
Cool looking rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:

had a beautiful stainless rossi in .44, sold it because ammo $$$

would definitely buy one in .357

Clearly the answer is no gunnie or shotty til she get a weddin'ring.

Don't hand me no lines and keep the guns on the shelf!

Back
Top Bottom