Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

I still feel her hand should have been forced in this. A squeaky clean ffl sells an AR to a squeaky clean customer, maybe a celeb or politician or well known lawyer, publicly, on TV. Backed by GOAL and comm 2a of course.

Apparently you weren't paying attention, because Mauron definitely was, the day or two after the edict she sent out another strongly worded letter bitching about over 2500? guns being sold even after the edict. [rofl] So postulating that "she doesnt know" or "cant find a dealer who did it" etc, is silly. By sending out that whine letter she knows EXACTLY
who sold those guns (in direct violation of her press conference) and she still did nothing. There is no "hand forcing" to be had here. [laugh]

Apparently you weren't paying attention, because Mauron definitely was, the day or two after the edict she sent out another strongly worded letter bitching about over 2500? guns being sold even after the edict. [rofl] So postulating that "she doesnt know" or "cant find a dealer who did it" etc, is silly. By sending out that whine letter she knows EXACTLY
who sold those guns (in direct violation of her press conference) and she still did nothing. There is no "hand forcing" to be had here. [laugh]
But all the FFL dealers that I knew caved to her "edict" and we were denied our rights for years until certain "smat" FFL's decided the edict had no teeth.
And now we have the Globe and Littleton Selectman up in arms over the toothless edict and the ballsy FFL's who defied Maura.
If the FFL's at a certain location are shut down or evicted, we're back to 2016 and living again under Maura's "edict".

Lol, but, no, we're not. There were ways around her bullshit from "day 2" of her edict. There are still dealers transferring fully intact guns, as well.
So where's the list of FFL's openly selling complete AR's?
Is it a double secret list?
The Point is Maura intimidated the majority of FFL's in Ma, especially chains like Bass Pro/Cabela's and Dicks, and Four Seasons so they stopped selling AR's.
You can get anything if you have time, money and connections.

So where's the list of FFL's openly selling complete AR's?
Is it a double secret list?

There is no list, but anyone with a brain can figure it out, and they're not all where you think they are. [laugh]

The Point is Maura intimidated the majority of FFL's in Ma, especially chains like Bass Pro/Cabela's and Dicks, and Four Seasons so they stopped selling AR's.
You can get anything if you have time, money and connections.

Some of those bigs were in the naughty window as well. [laugh] But their attorneys told them to cuck out was the cheap way out... and it makes sense, because the avg retail
customer is still going to spend the money if they have alternatives to buy. And theres the "administrative disable" problem that has nothing to do with the
law. A place like DTE, doesnt want to get shut down because the AGs office cons the local PD into suspending their dealers license or similar kind of
shenanigans. The odds of prosecution are very low but the odds of being able to f*** up the revenue stream of a big with parlimentary hackery is large.

Dicks doesnt even sell guns anymore btw and sold ARs for about 10 seconds maybe. Doubt they ever sold one in mass, ever. [laugh]

Regardless many of us here are f***ing done worrying/pant shitting/caring about whatever Mauron does WRT guns. She already threw down that gauntlet in 2016 by calling us
all felons.....

I'm personally far more concerned with how we're likely going to get taken to the cleaners in taxes and fees from these douchebags.

Yeah, I'm one of the few that has bought since the decree, and I'm not afraid to say it.
My intent was to force her to do something or to show the cuck dealers there's nothing to fear.
And a big enough name, the news would get out.

But all the FFL dealers that I knew caved to her "edict" and we were denied our rights for years until certain "smat" FFL's decided the edict had no teeth.
And now we have the Globe and Littleton Selectman up in arms over the toothless edict and the ballsy FFL's who defied Maura.
If the FFL's at a certain location are shut down or evicted, we're back to 2016 and living again under Maura's "edict".
You don't know the right FFLs

Correct me if I’m wrong- She knows she doesn’t have the grounds legally speaking (according to codified mgl)- but she DOES have the ability to sue violating FFL’s out of existence civilly.

Last edited:
From what I recall in that article about the mill- wasn’t there a quote from the local chief of police which was something along the lines of “From our understanding there have been no illegal transactions taking place here.”

Kind of says it all!

Stop. This has nothing to do with crime, dead kids, violence or mass shootings. Those things are excuses to pass gun control.
Democrat weasels would ban all guns, and confiscate them if they could. Feinstein actually said it in an interview. Since they can't get gun bans through, they will use any excuse to chip away at the right, making it more expensive, risky, annoying and frustrating to own a gun. Chip, chip, chip, until there is no second amendment anymore.

And just remember, it's only your guns that they want. Feinstein, while screaming for gun control, had a LTC, and carried a snub nosed .38.

Party apparatchiks get special privileges in a communist society.
Wow, that’s all you got 😀

Correct me if I’m wrong- She knows she doesn’t have the grounds legally speaking (according to codified mgl)- but she DOES have the ability to sue violating FFL’s out of existence civilly.

At a minimum she knows there a good chance she loses. Maybe she thinks it’s not a 100% certain loss but she knows her threat is a much more effective than the risk of losing and having all dealers sell them.

There’s a legal challenge already filed against the MA AWB, it’s at the district court level so very early in process. There’s a challenge against the Maryland one in the 4th circuit court of appeals which is likely to go against Maryland and several more across the country. AWBs will fall within the next few years, the MA law is on death row waiting for the execution date.

If she is looking for a political career past Massachusetts then she will tread lightly to appeal to a larger national audience.

Bro, the mill is not shutting down because of a stupid news article.

The mill is shutting down because the owners want to sell and the new owner doesn't want an old building to collect a few thousands, the new owner wants apartments that will net millions.

It is pretty simple.

And the dealers, while it s*cks for them, I can guarantee a few of the good ones will find a spot somewhere.

Bro, the mill is not shutting down because of a stupid news article.

The mill is shutting down because the owners want to sell and the new owner doesn't want an old building to collect a few thousands, the new owner wants apartments that will net millions.

It is pretty simple.

And the dealers, while it s*cks for them, I can guarantee a few of the good ones will find a spot somewhere.
Maybe you should read more.

The Town of Littleton actively courted buyers, and basically agreed to use their political powers to give the buyer whatever they wanted and needed legally in terms of Zoning law changes to make the sale happen.

This was done for explicitly political reasons.

Maybe you should read more.

The Town of Littleton actively courted buyers, and basically agreed to use their political powers to give the buyer whatever they wanted and needed legally in terms of Zoning law changes to make the sale happen.

This was done for explicitly political reasons.
Maybe you should read more ... they were talking about this before the article.

Since when do towns "court buyers" and agree to amend zoning laws to facilitate a private sale of a private property?

Think about it.
You are right. Article comes out end of September, 3.5 months later someone is dropping over $5mil with plans (approved?) for apartments.

A record.

Last edited:
Cool story. Arricle comes out end of September, 3.5 months later someone is dropping over $5mil with plans (approved?) for apartments.

A record.
Ypu are right. Article comes out end of September, 3.5 months later someone is dropping over $5mil with plans (approved?) for apartments.

A record.
You're totally right. Its not political. It's all just a coincidence.

...In response to the uproar over the Globe’s findings, Littleton officials started courting buyers for the building — which was up for sale following the owner’s death in April — and working on a zoning measure that would prevent such a large cluster in the future. The rezoning proposal was supported by a petition signed by 124 residents, and will be voted on in February.

Last week, the Lupoli Companies, a developer based in Lawrence, bought the mill building and another small building for $5.3 million, with plans that would displace the tenants there, including the gun vendors. The company has been proceeding on redevelopment of a property across the street into an enormous mixed use development on a former IBM property with 780 apartments and more than 600,000 square feet of commercial space.

When the company expressed interest in the mill building in the wake of the Globe’s reporting, the Littleton planning board quickly approved its proposal to raze the building and construct an additional 285 apartments in its place.

Noting he has worked with Littleton officials for two years on the adjacent project, chief executive Sal Lupoli released a statement saying he had “a vested interest in protecting the community and my investment,” and in referring to the gun emporium, added, “I could not sit on the sidelines.”

A Lupoli spokesperson said the company’s leasing team will be meeting with the gun vendors and other tenants of the old mill “individually to discuss their leases.”

I absolutely believe we need to stay vigilant with any of this anti-gun bullshit in MA and not be complacent (because the anti-gunners sure aren’t). However, I’m not going to say the sky is falling each year when this shit comes up again.
I don't know about you, but the sky in MA fell in 2020.

Not sure what you guys are waiting for next. Getting lined up and shot?

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but in September, the state police emailed all BFS certified instructors a survey that strongly hinted at the addition of new training requirements in MA. The focus of those requirements was suicide prevention.

Legislative leaders have talked about suicide prevention as being one of the things they want in a new gun control bill. There is a full court press coming and the legislature and executive branch/MSP have been colluding and coordinating, even under Baker.

Healy may be smart enough to avoid the dumbest aspects of what other states have done post-Bruen (like playing games with "sensitive places"), but there are ways to suppress gun ownership that violate Bruen's logic but are unlikely to get halted by a preliminary injunction and will face less political blowback. I suspect massively increased training requirements will be one of the levers they will try to pull.

Since when do towns "court buyers" and agree to amend zoning laws to facilitate a private sale of a private property?

Think about it.
All the time!! Having >25 yrs experience as a small MA town development and industrial commission chairperson, working with the planning board (nobody can work with the zoning board of appeal).:mad: Towns definitely work with developers to change zoning, make concessions to attract the kinds of development that they desire.

As for Littleton, I hope those apartments add 2,000 new students to the school system and they choke on the expense to meet those educational needs (new schools, staff equals $100s of millions in "investment").
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but in September, the state police emailed all BFS certified instructors a survey that strongly hinted at the addition of new training requirements in MA. The focus of those requirements was suicide prevention.

Legislative leaders have talked about suicide prevention as being one of the things they want in a new gun control bill. There is a full court press coming and the legislature and executive branch/MSP have been colluding and coordinating, even under Baker.

Healy may be smart enough to avoid the dumbest aspects of what other states have done post-Bruen (like playing games with "sensitive places"), but there are ways to suppress gun ownership that violate Bruen's logic but are unlikely to get halted by a preliminary injunction and will face less political blowback. I suspect massively increased training requirements will be one of the levers they will try to pull.
I know one NY instructor offering the post-Bruen NY law required training there and his fee is $495.00. The USSC never bothered to address what a "reasonable cost" is to get a license in NYC! That 16 hr requirement could become a reality in MA as well and the courts will likely be OK with that. Poors don't need to be able to protect themselves from evil! :mad:

You're totally right. Its not political. It's all just a coincidence.

...In response to the uproar over the Globe’s findings, Littleton officials started courting buyers for the building — which was up for sale following the owner’s death in April — and working on a zoning measure that would prevent such a large cluster in the future. The rezoning proposal was supported by a petition signed by 124 residents, and will be voted on in February.

Last week, the Lupoli Companies, a developer based in Lawrence, bought the mill building and another small building for $5.3 million, with plans that would displace the tenants there, including the gun vendors. The company has been proceeding on redevelopment of a property across the street into an enormous mixed use development on a former IBM property with 780 apartments and more than 600,000 square feet of commercial space.

When the company expressed interest in the mill building in the wake of the Globe’s reporting, the Littleton planning board quickly approved its proposal to raze the building and construct an additional 285 apartments in its place.

Noting he has worked with Littleton officials for two years on the adjacent project, chief executive Sal Lupoli released a statement saying he had “a vested interest in protecting the community and my investment,” and in referring to the gun emporium, added, “I could not sit on the sidelines.”

A Lupoli spokesperson said the company’s leasing team will be meeting with the gun vendors and other tenants of the old mill “individually to discuss their leases.”
Thank you for posting some of "the rest of the story"... even if it is quoted from the Boston Globe DimocRAT. Perhaps it will convince some of the "it was just a coincidence" crowd that the sudden sale of the Mill didn't just happen after years on the market by chance. The Boston Globe DimocRAT hit pieces did pressure the town and they quickly found a deep pocket savior that would banish all the FFLs... for a price and future considerations.

The rumor mill says there is even more to the story, but I can't confirm it so I can't post it... or I'll be sleeping with the fishes.

Back
Top Bottom