Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

Her end goal is to do what newsome did for Cali. Make it so there is the top Elite class and then the rest just fighting for survival, living off govt subsidies , govt food stamps , govt deductions to make you feel like your getting something etc.

make you feel like your getting something etc.
QXdheS5qcGc
cGc

I agree with all of the above, BUT, the legislature will not be able to help themselves with knowing she is at the end of the legislative trail, and will sign ANYTHING they put in front of her that is anti-gun. Do you really think she would veto a gun control bill? Even if she is smart, she will sign it, and let them suffer with it and deflect from herself.

Bruen has made things in MA a lot better for selected people in towns which were previously bad. It did not make things better for all gun owners in MA, at least not yet. This is where being a realist comes in.

Do you think that will really happen here? Really? She may be smart, but they are not. They are blinded by her being in office, and have pent up frustration at past years' "inaction". They are itching for something, anything, to happen.
What is all this talk about Maura being so damn smart? Smart compared to what other deranged lefty DimocRAT mental case? Andrea??? Linsky??? [laugh]

Yes, Bruen made a very sweet difference for leftist city-dwelling first-time applicants and a handful of folks elsewhere... not so much for most of us. Good for them, but the state still has "suitability" if/when it feels like using it.

I can see that there is a great divide occurring here between those members mostly focused on licensing (here and elsewhere) vs. those focused on what this state is going to allow us to possess after Andrea, the MA legislature and Maura get through with punishing us.

I guess I am in the latter group. I don't care about what other states are doing with licensing. Good for them, but I live here and I'm not moving. I hope the optimistic folks here are right about Bruen saving the day for us in that latter regard, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon.

I agree with all of the above, BUT, the legislature will not be able to help themselves with knowing she is at the end of the legislative trail, and will sign ANYTHING they put in front of her that is anti-gun. Do you really think she would veto a gun control bill? Even if she is smart, she will sign it, and let them suffer with it and deflect from herself.

She won't veto a gun bill, but it won't come to that. That's not how the legislative process works. In reality, a Governor who does not want to be embarrassed will use her influence with the Speaker to make sure that bill never gets to her desk. That way, everybody wins.

Bruen has made things in MA a lot better for selected people in towns which were previously bad. It did not make things better for all gun owners in MA, at least not yet. This is where being a realist comes in.

I'm not sure why you're so quick to minimize the elimination of restrictions and the delivery of de facto shall-issue. Both were issues whose redress had been systematically denied in MA courts for years, if not decades, and Bruen made them go away virtually overnight, without a whimper. I'm not sure why you think that's so insignificant.

I would say the democrats as a whole have change dramatically over the last 10 years. DRAMATICALLY.

I'm not disagreeing. I am just pointing out that this year's MA democrats are the same as last year's. Some of these same posters shit their pants every single time Linsky files an unconstitutional bill, and if nothing's happened before, I don't see why it'll happen now.

But part of me hopes it does. Because that'll make ALL these infringements go away even faster.

MA treasury took a record amount of money last quarter of 2022. Net, in all of 2022, the state had more tax revenue than it spent!

That doesn't mean they want to spend it on gun control. Remember the people that control politics in this state mostly live in places like newton and swellsley they might virtue signal about gun control but they secretly dont care, theyd rather pay for an overpriced round school, a horse bridge, or some other garbage.

This state is also categorically inept and corrupt. They can collect all that $$$$ but the roads are still
dog shit. [rofl]

What is all this talk about Maura being so damn smart? Smart compared to what other deranged lefty DimocRAT mental case? Andrea??? Linsky??? [laugh]

Yes, Bruen made a very sweet difference for leftist city-dwelling first-time applicants and a handful of folks elsewhere... not so much for most of us. Good for them, but the state still has "suitability" if/when it feels like using it.

I can see that there is a great divide occurring here between those members mostly focused on licensing (here and elsewhere) vs. those focused on what this state is going to allow us to possess after Andrea, the MA legislature and Maura get through with punishing us.

I guess I am in the latter group. I don't care about what other states are doing with licensing. Good for them, but I live here and I'm not moving. I hope the optimistic folks here are right about Bruen saving the day for us in that latter regard, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon.
Do we know what the split was between MA license holders that had restricted licenses and those with no restrictions? I always thought a lot of people had restrictions, but maybe my perception in wrong?

Surprised the Globe has done a story about all the restrictions being lifted?

Do we know what the split was between MA license holders that had restricted licenses and those with no restrictions? I always thought a lot of people had restrictions, but maybe my perception in wrong?
Don't have enough data points to answer your question. Everyone I know was already unrestricted before Bruen. But I don't live in a liberal city, so hard to say.

EDIT: The GlobeDimocRAT says 96% of MA LTCs were already unrestricted pre-Bruen. Take out Boston and Springfield and the number climbs to about 99%.

Last edited:
This is it in a nutshell. She wont do anything that will take the wind out of the first gay woman in the White House sail.

Her thing is green energy, mostly. She'll also happily hop on the free-tuition bandwagon; I believe she's already endorsed a law to let college students dip into EBT, if I'm not mistaken.

Guns are about Priority #355 in her mind.

She won't veto a gun bill, but it won't come to that. That's not how the legislative process works. In reality, a Governor who does not want to be embarrassed will use her influence with the Speaker to make sure that bill never gets to her desk. That way, everybody wins.
I don't totally buy that. She might try, and might succeed. Then again, maybe not. Things are different now, these guys are "emboldened", as someone said.

I'm not sure why you're so quick to minimize the elimination of restrictions and the delivery of de facto shall-issue. Both were issues whose redress had been systematically denied in MA courts for years, if not decades, and Bruen made them go away virtually overnight, without a whimper. I'm not sure why you think that's so insignificant.
If that was towards me, I do not think that is insignificant. It only applies to a small subset of towns in Massachusetts, though, and an even smaller amount of people in those towns. It was not a sweeping win for all Massachusetts gun owners. Most of us are still left swinging.

I'm not disagreeing. I am just pointing out that this year's MA democrats are the same as last year's. Some of these same posters shit their pants every single time Linsky files an unconstitutional bill, and if nothing's happened before, I don't see why it'll happen now.
But part of me hopes it does. Because that'll make ALL these infringements go away even faster.
I really don't think so. If anything, this will drag it out longer.

This would be good to know. ALL gun owners are subject to mag restrictions, silencer restrictions, AWB restrictions, and of course the all-encompassing "suitability", which is now the elephant in the room.

Guns are about Priority #355 in her mind.
Maybe. Maybe not. If it arrives at her desk at no "cost" to her, why would she oppose?

I don't totally buy that. She might try, and might succeed. Then again, maybe not. Things are different now, these guys are "emboldened", as someone said.

Yes. "Someone said" it. I asked for clarification or reasoning on that, and got accused of trolling. I don't believe the MA legislature is any more "emboldened" to pass added infringements than they were yesterday, no matter what "someone said" about it. Rhetoric is nothing without analysis to go along with it.

If that was towards me, I do not think that is insignificant. It only applies to a small subset of towns in Massachusetts, though, and an even smaller amount of people in those towns. It was not a sweeping win for all Massachusetts gun owners. Most of us are still left swinging.

Yes. That was mostly to you, and you are minimizing it. How are "most of us left swinging" any worse than we were before?

Sure there are infringements. I'm not claiming there aren't. I'm claiming it's gotten better, and that it will continue to get better. You seem to think we are in the same boat we were in before Bruen, which I do not understand.

Maybe. Maybe not. If it arrives at her desk at no "cost" to her, why would she oppose?

I already addressed this. It simply isn't how legislation works. Can you give a counterexample from recent MA history that might help me see where you're coming from? Of an unconstitutional piece of legislation that made its tortuous way through the General Court and embarrassed a democratic governor without that governor knowing it was coming?

And who said there would be "no cost" to her? There most certainly would be a cost, the same one that Hochul is dealing with right now. Remember Maura wants to be liked, at least enough to go to Washington one day. If she Hochuls herself, that's a pipe dream.

Yes. That was mostly to you, and you are minimizing it. How are "most of us left swinging" any worse than we were before?

Sure there are infringements. I'm not claiming there aren't. I'm claiming it's gotten better, and that it will continue to get better. You seem to think we are in the same boat we were in before Bruen, which I do not understand.
There are still magazine capacity limits, silencer ban, AWB, different approval for sale lists, suitability, etc. for ALL towns across Massachusetts. The lifted restrictions are only for a small subset of towns, and a smaller subset of applicants there. Yes, as a percentage, it has gotten slightly better for some. I do not think we are in the same boat as before "Bruen", as a whole state, but I'd say so far 95%+ of Massachusetts gun owners have seen no difference.

I already addressed this. It simply isn't how legislation works. Can you give a counterexample from recent MA history that might help me see where you're coming from? Of an unconstitutional piece of legislation that made its tortuous way through the General Court and embarrassed a democratic governor without that governor knowing it was coming?

And who said there would be "no cost" to her? There most certainly would be a cost, the same one that Hochul is dealing with right now. Remember Maura wants to be liked, at least enough to go to Washington one day. If she Hochuls herself, that's a pipe dream.
You are mixing up NY and MA.

Last edited:
You are mixing up NY and MA.
Let's try this again, shall we?:

I already addressed this. It simply isn't how legislation works. Can you give a counterexample from recent MA (Massachusetts) history that might help me see where you're coming from? Of an unconstitutional piece of legislation that made its tortuous way through the General Court and embarrassed a democratic governor without that governor knowing it was coming?

And who said there would be "no cost" to her? There most certainly would be a cost, the same one that Hochul (New York) is dealing with right now. Remember Maura (Massachusetts) wants to be liked, at least enough to go to Washington one day. If she Hochuls herself, that's a pipe dream.

Does anyone happen to know the likelihood of some of these actually passing? Doesn’t Linksky attempt this madness every year much of which is dead on arrival?

Be thankful for GOAL and COMM 2A- New York State is a prime example of how fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things.

The Bruen decision should be able to wipe out the majority of these idiotic bills.

Let's try this again, shall we?:
You’re serious?

The pant-shitters think the MA legislature is about to do what the NY legislature did last year. The comparison between the two states is built into the premise of the whole thread.

I think that’s not going to happen. You seem to think it could.

I would say the democrats as a whole have change dramatically over the last 10 years. DRAMATICALLY.
With the election and re-election of Barry the Leftists thought they had permanent control of the govt. because Hillary was supposed to waltz into the WH to consolidate their power.
Along came Donald Trump and the Deplorables and the Leftists dreams went up in smoke and they are livid still.
Trumps election made them realize Democracy was bad for their dreams of conquest and total control, so they have changed to a search and destroy mentality.
They vehemently HATE any Trump supporters and have convinced themselves we are evil incarnate and must be destroyed thru censorship and regulation.
With the appointments of 3 Conservative Justices to SCOTUS they see their control eroding and are going all out to hunt us down and destroy our ability to challenge their rule.
The 6 January show trials were their chance to destroy Trump and send us a message, but it seems to have fizzled out and was not taken seriously.
Dementia Joe is deteriorating before our eyes and they don't have a viable candidate in the wings for 2024.
Kamala's unlikable and a joke, Mayor Pete's only qualification is his "sexuality", Newsom is a radical pretty boy from CA. and his State has massive problems with the homeless, crime, taxes, anti-business climate.
If Maura is smart and ambitious, she's sizing up the potential Dem candidates and she looks pretty good. She checks all the boxes so if she doesn't come across as a radical Leftist she's in the mix for possible Presidential candidate in 6 yrs.
I believe, and has been mentioned here before by Hoover, she will concentrate on Climate Change and Gay rights which are the current Leftist crusades. She will let NY/NJ fall on their swords challenging Bruen and she will keep her powder dry for future battles I hope.

I believe, and has been mentioned here before by Hoover, she will concentrate on Climate Change and Gay rights which are the current Leftist crusades. She will let NY/NJ fall on their swords challenging Bruen and she will keep her powder dry for future battles I hope.

But I’ll say again that even if she doesn’t? Even if the pant-shitters are right (and they may well be)?

We still win. In fact, we win even faster and more comprehensively.

Back
Top Bottom