Great time to be a Marine!

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
One of the reasons I joined the Army was the idea of going on a float or guarding an embassy was not enticing.

But now, you guys have all the work that you want with all the Mideast embassy goings-on. Good luck and may the Gods of War grant you favorable Rules of Engagement!

Yeah, the Marines NEED targets, when they don't have enough, they start to find them... My guys on the OP took more than a few rounds from the passing Marine convoys.

Let the Marines loose on those bastards with as much ammo as they can carry, the problem WILL go away, I can assure you [rofl]

Yeah, except there's another thread reporting the U.S. Ambassador to Egypt has forbidden them from carrying live ammo. Are you f-ing kidding me?

Edit - turns out that's BS.

Egypt:
-The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate.

- The Marine Corps does not establish Rules of Engagement (ROE). Nonetheless, ROE is classified and release of that information would jeopardize the Marines and U.S. interests. Any further inquiry should be directed to the State Department, since Marine security guards report to the ambassador not to a military commander.

-As reported in open sources, approximately 2000 personnel were protesting outside the U.S. Embassy and six individuals entered Embassy grounds. The Marines quickly took control of these six individuals and subsequently turned them over to local security officials.

-There were no Marines injured in this, or other actions in Cairo.

-There are no Marine dependents in Cairo.

//Continues//

Respectfully,
Alex Cross, Maj USMC
Deputy Director, Marine Liaison Office
U.S. House of Representatives
B-324 Rayburn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom