Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend from work just got his unrestricted LTC-A in WORCESTER of all places. He did apply in june and picked it up today.

- - - Updated - - -

my friend from work just got his unrestricted LTC-A in WORCESTER of all places. He did apply in june and picked it up today.

Just reapplied in Salem, got an appointment quick and the interview went smooth without the need for letters of reference or anything, just wrote a check an i was good to go, the officer said it should be back in about 3 weeks.

I received an LTC-A Unrestricted in Acton, a green town, in 4 weeks, start to finish, with zero trouble. The licensing officer, Det. Kevin Heffernan, was a pleasure to deal with; he also responded promptly to my telephone message. It's clearly all local...

It took me just under 3 months to get someone from Westwood PD to even return a phone call to schedule the interview. I finally had the interview in May and again can't get anyone to let me know the status of my application. I know others are having similar issues with the town, but it is just frustrating to get ignored. It is interesting to hear other towns are doing this so quickly, so it isn't a systematic state issue.

It took me just under 3 months to get someone from Westwood PD to even return a phone call to schedule the interview. I finally had the interview in May and again can't get anyone to let me know the status of my application. I know others are having similar issues with the town, but it is just frustrating to get ignored. It is interesting to hear other towns are doing this so quickly, so it isn't a systematic state issue.

It should take no more than 4-6 weeks after the interview to get you LTC in hand.
Check on the GOAL website for the number to call if the paper work is truly out for a background check.

Last edited:

It all depends on what city/town your in ..Sad but its true. Taunton was just under 3 weeks and a pleasure to deal with.

West bridgewater submitted my application with all necessary documents 1 1/2 months ago still haven't been called for appointment, anyone else experiencing this?

Submitted in Waltham in May. I had my interview 2 weeks later (I believe that this is because the Licensing Officer only does interviews one day per week). Was told that the Cheif only issues T&H for first time applicants. License was issued 6 weeks and 1 day after the interview. I was also told that after 2 years they are considering lifting the L&H but that has not been approved yet. Overall not a bad process as much as I might disagree with the L&H restrictions.

Q: How can I obtain the status of my pending LTC or FID card application?
A: You can now retrieve the status of the firearms license application you've submitted to your local police department through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722 during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Q: How can I obtain the status of my pending LTC or FID card application?
A: You can now retrieve the status of the firearms license application you've submitted to your local police department through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722 during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Thanks - I've been calling that number for the last 6 weeks, and they cannot give me any information if the application is still sitting with the local police, which mine apparently is. Any calls / emails to the local PD go into a black hole. No lie, this is the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and I've dealt with some real knuckleheads in the past!

Thanks - I've been calling that number for the last 6 weeks, and they cannot give me any information if the application is still sitting with the local police, which mine apparently is. Any calls / emails to the local PD go into a black hole. No lie, this is the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and I've dealt with some real knuckleheads in the past!

Customer service? You are dealing with the PD... they do not serve you, they merely tolerate your presence.

I'm currently searching for a new home, has anyone recently dealt with Dracut PD? Currently holding a Class A with no restrictions from Tewksbury...

I live in The city of Fall River and got my LTC class A "no restrictions" in a matter of 3 month.

Last edited:
My wife and I had our appointment in Plymouth today for our LTC, and Marsha Bruillard was amazing to deal with. Though she did tell us it would take 3 months currently, and they would come in the mail.

Is three months really the time it is currently taking?

I also believe Plymouth continues to be Green.

Acton is still green, it was a very quick and pleasant process this late spring (check the LCT statistics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom