Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone in Chicopee, I was issued a sporting LTC-A in 2013, since then they have gone green. However I called in today and I was told they would not remove my restriction until my current license expires (2019). The lady on the phone explained that the new chief isn't allowed to change licenses that were issued by the old chief, not sure how valid it is but it's the explanation I got.

They can change it. They just are too lazy to do it.

For anyone in Chicopee, I was issued a sporting LTC-A in 2013, since then they have gone green. However I called in today and I was told they would not remove my restriction until my current license expires (2019). The lady on the phone explained that the new chief isn't allowed to change licenses that were issued by the old chief, not sure how valid it is but it's the explanation I got.
So why are you on NES about this? The new chief CAN lift the restriction. It may be a question of ignorance not laziness. I'd be contacting a top notch firearms attorney, arranging an appointment with the chief in the company of said attorney or in a manner said attorney advises and resolving and educating in a polite and cordial manner. Will it cost you some $$$$ yes it will? How badly do you want those restrictions lifted.

Last edited:
The town of Waltham Sucks!!! I have been shooting since 1974 I belong to several gun organizations I have taken several gun courses beyond what is required for an LTC. I was given a restricted permit & told when I renew my licence they will give me a non restricted ltc.This was three years ago.I just wrote to our new chief of police that I had my 2nd spinal fusion & lost sight in my right eye, Because of this I cannot run or fight so I needed my licence for all lawfull purpose. They denied me over the phone. Would not even give me a written reason.

Waltham is a Bummer

The town of Waltham Sucks!!! I have been shooting since 1974 I belong to several gun organizations I have taken several gun courses beyond what is required for an LTC. I was given a restricted permit & told when I renew my licence they will give me a non restricted ltc.This was three years ago.I just wrote to our new chief of police that I had my 2nd spinal fusion & lost sight in my right eye, Because of this I cannot run or fight so I needed my licence for all lawfull purpose. They denied me over the phone. Would not even give me a written reason.

Girlfriend just got hers in Wakefield. Unrestricted and took 25 days. Sounds like they are speeding things up, mine took about 6 weeks out of Danvers last September-Novemeber.

Yup Waltham and their "6 year probationary period". I have a heart condition that keeps me from being able to run...I was still given restrictions and when I asked for them to be lifted a few years in, they said they couldn't.

If you can sue them for your RIGHT.

Sharon has a new chief. The former deputy was hired to replace the retired chief. Too soon to tell if this is an improvement or not.

Sharon has a new chief. The former deputy was hired to replace the retired chief. Too soon to tell if this is an improvement or not.

Didn't Sharon used to be one of those places that would B-ram people? Seems like anything would be an improvement from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Sharon used to be one of those places that would B-ram people? Seems like anything would be an improvement from that.

Yes, at least that was what the rumors were. They certainly made it difficult for new applicants, that was confirmed many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Canton used to. I don't think Sharon did, at least not in relative history when compared to Canton. Unrestricted A is extremely hard in Sharon from my understanding, but restricted A was always the given. I could be wrong but that's what I remember. Wouldn't shock me either way though!

I'm not going to say Newton is Green but I just received my unrestricted LTC from Newton today having just moved here July 8th from Virginia. I did have a Conceal and Carry permit in Virginia, not sure if that effected my status. Basically the SGT who interviewed me said they were issuing restricted for a year and people would come back and year later and get unrestricted, he also said there were lots of people coming back and challenging it in the courts. He basically said he would save the lady who handles the permits the paperwork trouble and had me unrestricted. I'm not sure if this is a new policy shift or a one time thing.

I'd basically like to thank the folks on this forum for all their information which helped make this process a lot easier.

They can change it. They just are too lazy to do it.

I'll wager literally most of my expendable cash that "laziness" has NOTHING to do with it.
Sue them.
And if you think you "Can't afford to (beg or borrow the funds)", just remember you thought that the night when, God forbid, some meth-infused whack job has you at knifepoint begging for mercy, and you're asking him to spare the ONE LIFE that you have...
F*ck the PD. Sue them.

Last edited:
I'd call the Waltham Chief back and politely ask him if former Chief W.B. (wifebeater) Lacroix still has a LTC-A in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts...

A friend of mine tried to get a class A in Winchester and the officer in charge hasn't returned in a single phone call. He's been told the offer won't issue them because he "doesn't believe in them". Anyone have any experience in Winchester? I was surprised to see they're green.

Thanks.

A friend of mine tried to get a class A in Winchester and the officer in charge hasn't returned in a single phone call. He's been told the offer won't issue them because he "doesn't believe in them". Anyone have any experience in Winchester? I was surprised to see they're green.

Thanks.

They are one of the towns being sued by Comm2A (see Batty v. Albertelli).

Thanks.

They are one of the towns being sued by Comm2A (see Batty v. Albertelli).

Winchester has taken the unprecedented action of recalling and downgrading LTCs that were issued "Restrictions: None". In the case of Batty, they've even done this to people who no longer reside in Winchester. Batty v. Albertelli They are non 'Green'.

Just curious, how is Millis? Saw a bumper sticker yesterday saying "Troopers are your best protection.".Had me laughing in my car.

Is the list in "Post #1" out of date? It shows as:
Last edited by TYPEO1313; 01-14-2015 at 06:02 PM.
. Or has nothing changed anywhere since then?

Last edited:
Winchester has taken the unprecedented action of recalling and downgrading LTCs that were issued "Restrictions: None". In the case of Batty, they've even done this to people who no longer reside in Winchester. Batty v. Albertelli They are non 'Green'.
For us common folk. Where does Batty v. Albertelli stand updates in common folk talk.. I know I am simple

FYI My Father In Law got a restricted license in Marlborough. No record. He didn't even notice until I looked at it. Im not sure Marlborough should be considered green.

- - - Updated - - -

I am moving from within MA to the town of Harvard, MA. I already have an LTC for ALP, will I get the same there when I re-new next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom