Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the 'new' COP in Waltham has made any difference in licensing? He's been in for a year...I just wonder if there's been any updates since Chief LaCroix took over for Chief Drew, if it made any difference.
I'm thinking not, since I had a Captain tell me in so many words that there's no reason for me to have a LTC - ALP...

Last edited:
Aarrgh! I am so frustrated that towns right next to me are green and Waltham is red!
Roar! [angry2]
I am even more frustrated after visiting Four Seasons today for the first time. I was jealous of the guy in front of me walking out with a sweet purchase. I hope to return there in 6 or 8 weeks with my license in hand and I'll make my first gun buy. I did buy a nice set of ear pads today, so it wasn't a total loss.

Just applied in Waltham. I was told straight out that they will not issue an unrestricted class A to first timers. "When it's time to renew, if there's no issues, you can get an unrestricted. That okay with you?"
I said I'll take what I can get. I don't think anything I could have said would have changed his mind.
So supposedly I'll have a class a hunting and target in 21 days...

Wilmington is green. I got my LTC-A unrestricted a little while ago and the lady secretary helping me out was smiling the whole time. Sgt doing the prints was cool too

Anyone know about Lexington? would search thru the thread, but that's ALOT of posts, lol

A fellow that I know had quite the run around in Lexington in 2008. It took him more than 9 months to get his licensed renewed. He eventually got an unrestricted LTC-A, but it was quite an ordeal. It isn't clear to me if they were deliberately trying to be a pain in the behind or were just completely incompetent, or both.

A fellow that I know had quite the run around in Lexington in 2008. It took him more than 9 months to get his licensed renewed. He eventually got an unrestricted LTC-A, but it was quite an ordeal. It isn't clear to me if they were deliberately trying to be a pain in the behind or were just completely incompetent, or both.

yes, it is supposed to be green, but its more of a minty green, than a good, pro-2A pine green. I believe Underwhere has LTC-A unrestricted from Lexington.

Just checking in. Good thread. I got my LTC-A (Sporting) fron Newton PD in a little over a month! I was told that's pretty quick, all things considered.

First application in november. Second application in december. Last email from Sgt in charge said he would get everything processed as soon as he gets a new fingerprint pad. That was the begining of last week. Still waiting.....

reporting from somerville -
the good news - got my class A ltc very quickly. applied around second week of december, just came in the mail thursday.

the bad news- not surprisingly, is restricted to hunting and sport. Mr. tough-guy detective told me during interview he "normally doesn't issue unrestricted to first time applicants". whatever dude. go ahead and tell yourself that makes any sense if it makes you feel better.

some day I need to move back to America.

My Buddy dropped off his app in Groveland almost 2 months ago. Still hasn't been called in for interview and prints
your friend should contact a lawyer. By law, if 40 days have passed he can consider himself "denied" and file for appeal/review.

I'd contact GOAL first. They may be able to help for free.

East Bridgewater

I just want to restate my appreciation for the East Bridgewater PD.

I took my LTC course with a Sargent from the dept. who did an excellent job and was very pro 2A.
The licensing officer called me back the same day I called him and met with me the following morning. He was very polite, professional and knowledgeable. He told me their policy was "if you can have the LTC by law, we'll give it to you". They can't do any more than that. They only issue LTC-A unrestricted.
The CLEO wasn't involved in my licensing process, but he's worked in town forever and is another stand up guy.

EAST BRIDGEWATER

reporting from somerville -
the good news - got my class A ltc very quickly. applied around second week of december, just came in the mail thursday.

the bad news- not surprisingly, is restricted to hunting and sport. Mr. tough-guy detective told me during interview he "normally doesn't issue unrestricted to first time applicants". whatever dude. go ahead and tell yourself that makes any sense if it makes you feel better.

some day I need to move back to America.

Funny how they just issue for hunting... that's what I got, and I believe you need to complete a 12 to 18 hour hunter's education training for hunting in Mass. I have not completed a hunters ed course... funny how my LTC says I'm good to go for hunting and sport. Whatever sport is...[thinking]

Funny how they just issue for hunting... that's what I got, and I believe you need to complete a 12 to 18 hour hunter's education training for hunting in Mass. I have not completed a hunters ed course... funny how my LTC says I'm good to go for hunting and sport. Whatever sport is...[thinking]
IIRC, I read somewhere on here that "sporting" is less restrictive than target, so it's actually better than mine which will say hunting and target.

Anyone know about Gardner MA? I'm a first time applicant, I currently work for the DOC as a CPO (caseworker), and I did 6 years in the Mass Army National Guard. No criminal history except speeding tickets a while back. Thanks for the great site.

I would say Gardner is GREEN.

No problems from me or any of my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom