Gun etiquette

Next time, do some price research on The Internet, & if it's something you want, go get it. Talk is cheap. [smile]

Never give details such as "WHERE" and you are good to go. This person isn't much of a friend evidently.

Lame...if you don't get it on the 25th or there abouts..just sweep him under the rug and remove his existence from your memory.

I would never do something like that to a friend.

But I certainly would (and HAVE) done it to an anonymous (to me) poster on another gun forum. He asked if a used Colt Trooper .22 was a "good deal" and listed the store. Well, it WAS a good (great!) deal and the store had a website.

One phone call, and the gun was in my safe.

But I certainly would (and HAVE) done it to an anonymous (to me) poster on another gun forum. He asked if a used Colt Trooper .22 was a "good deal" and listed the store. Well, it WAS a good (great!) deal and the store had a website.

So it's OK to pull that as long as you dont know the guy?

Not cool, scumbag move.

Kind of a dick move there. Then to brag about is even worse. Atleast now I know not to tell you anything.

Don't forget to tape it all and give the DVD to him wrapped for Xmas. Tell him it's [insert random awesome title] and suggest he should watch it at his family holiday gathering.
I agree , I had a friend like that ...didnt trust him with my wife or my life (what a but_hole)

A frequenter of this site just stabbed me in the back. I found a nice old s&w revolver at a local shop. I e-mailed the friend and asked his advice as to price and condition and so on. I told him I was going to make an offer the next day based on his advice.
The next day the friend drives to the gun shop and bought the gun before I got there.
Would the proper etiquette be for me to hold him down and pistol whip him with the gun in question or should I use one of my own?

This brings to mind my Cousin Paulie's second-favorite saying:

"Hey Pal, you snooze, you lose." (Usually spoken while he took the last piece of veal).

Maybe he bought it for you for Christmas?

Pic somewhat related...

hitler-took-my-seat.jpg

That sucks. It appears there are several lessons to be learned from this episode:
  1. Now you know he's not your friend, and it didn't cost you anything.....
  2. Next time, do some price research on The Internet, & if it's something you want, go get it. Talk is cheap. [smile]
If you wish to take the high road in response (but don't forget #1) then:
Thank you friend for buying the gun so nobody else would scoop it up, and tell him you are on the way over to his house with the money :).
Otherwise this:
Post his info here so other NES'ers can comb through his posting history to find some inconsistencies, start a thread about them, and shame him into leaving or getting banned.
I eagerly await your next post. [smile]

That sucks. It appears there are several lessons to be learned from this episode:

Originally Posted by garandman
Now you know he's not your friend, and it didn't cost you anything.....
Originally Posted by K-DUB
Next time, do some price research on The Internet, & if it's something you want, go get it. Talk is cheap.

Originally Posted by Rob Boudrie
Thank you friend for buying the gun so nobody else would scoop it up, and tell him you are on the way over to his house with the money :).

Otherwise this:

Originally Posted by tele_mark
Post his info here so other NES'ers can comb through his posting history to find some inconsistencies, start a thread about them, and shame him into leaving or getting banned.

I eagerly await your next post. [smile]

and also don't deal with this guy:

Originally Posted by Chris Custodiet

I expect there is something wrong with me. It wouldn't even occur to me to do something like that whether I knew him or not

Wonder if we could get an "Asshat Alert" smilie?

Your future on NES has just become clouded. [thinking]

If only all douches would out themselves like this!

Back
Top Bottom