Gun Grabbing Senators Worry Over Delay In NICS Reporting

Millions of people bought guns in the month of March. In fact, almost a million more bought them in March than in February in one of the biggest spikes in gun purchases ever. Further, many of them were new gun owners, people who had never purchased a firearm before in their lives. It was a good month for the gun industry, to say the least.

However, it was such a surge that the NICS had trouble keeping up. In fact, delays were and still are quite common.

As per law, though, delays can only keep someone from taking possession of their gun for so long. Unfortunately, for some gun-grabbing senators, that delay isn’t nearly long enough.

One day after the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) reported an unprecedented surge in background checks for prospective gun buyers, a coalition of 16 Democratic U.S. senators is expressing concerns about guns ending up in the hands of prohibited purchasers.

In a letter Thursday to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Acting Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Regina Lombardo, the senators warn that a dramatic increase in gun sales could “overwhelm” the FBI’s capacity to screen out domestic abusers, among those prohibited from owning firearms.

The letter, the result of an effort led by Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey and Connecticut Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, was obtained by Newsweek.

The FBI is chiefly responsible for conducting background checks through its National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which searches three FBI-maintained databases to produce records indicating whether a prospective gun owner is prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.

In addition to Markey, Blumenthal and Murphy, the other signatories include Senators Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Bob Menendez, Sherrod Brown, Chris Coons, Chris Van Hollen, Michael Bennet, Amy Klobuchar, Patty Murray, Tom Carper, Kirsten Gillibrand and Mazie Hirono.

In other words, it was the usual suspects. Shocking, I know.

(see link for full article)

Holy sh_t the serfs are buying guns to defend themselves..How can we stop them? [rofl2]
You can't fuc_tards!

There is an uncontrollable virus killing Americans and this is what you are worried about!
Shame on you and the police for saying citizens buying firearms at this time are a bad idea!
The real criminals are out killing people and you are letting them out of jail!
We know what you are up to!

1.jpeg

Last edited:
I knew the moment I started reading that article that Connecticut Senators Blumenthal and Murphy would be co-signers.

In Georgia, our governor just ordered a statewide "shelter in place";

On Thursday, April 2, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp signed a statewide shelter-in-place order to prevent spread of the coronavirus.
Many elements of Kemp’s order are similar to the measures mandated by Savannah Mayor Van Johnson’s shelter-at-home declaration issued on March 24.

Along with mandating that all Georgia residents practice social distancing and sanitation practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kemp’s order prohibits gatherings of more than 10 people in a single location.

Furthermore, Georgia residents must shelter in place within their homes unless conducting essential activities, while establishments that are not considered part of critical infrastructure must only engage in minimum basic operations, according to Kemp’s order.

All restaurants statewide must cease dine-in services, although take-out and delivery is still permitted, according to Kemp’s order. This provision does not apply to hospitals, nursing homes, or similar long-term care facilities.

All gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, theaters, live performance venues, operators of amusement rides, body-art studios, hairstyling salons, massage parlors, and bars must cease operations, according to Kemp’s order.

Kemp’s declaration states that “nothing in this Order shall be construed to suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of firearms or ammunition, or any component thereof.

Source: Georgia Gov. Kemp releases statewide shelter-in-place order

Isn't this the same infrastructure (sort of) that has made firearm retailers "non-essential"?

Besides private sales and the few small FFL's that may still be operating, I wonder how many Massachusetts NICS checks are actually occurring.

Add in the train wreck activity chain involved in getting your permit and now suspended processing...feels like infringement to me.

Last edited:
And close to almost half the signatories were at one time running for Prez in the last few months...God I can't wait for DJT to win again...

The Courts people...The Courts...

I can afford sixteen ropes, and I'd build the gallows for free.
Can I pull the handle?

This is for the rapist, that you sent free to repeat their crimes!
This is for the children, abused because you did nothing to stop their abuser's!
This is for the old woman, that was scammed out of her life savings by the big corporations that you used to protect!
This was for the father, taken from his wife and children and left destitute while you support the rights of criminals!
This is for a son, not allowed to own the means to defend himself and his family that you had no problem sending off to war!
This is for weakening your nation, against enemies both foreign and domestic!
This is for screwing, over our soldiers because you no longer needed them!
This is for forgetting, the sacrifices of those before us, and desecrating their memories in front of our enemies!
This is for dereliction of duty, for forsaking the oath you took to protect the constitution!
This is for the greed, you have for selling out your citizen's rights for a little job security!
This is for being bought and paid for by the likes of Bloomberg and Soros!
This is for being a hypocrite, do as I say, not as I do!
This is for dividing our nation, instead of supporting our citizens in times of need!
This is for using your position, to destroy another political party at tax payers expense!
This is for putting your selfish needs, before those of the people!
This for the perpetual lying and false information, that undermine the confidence of the people in those chosen to protect their freedom!
This is for opening our borders, to illegal aliens and so the hard working can pay for those that don't. All so that you can gather more votes!

Last edited:
Obviously what they would really like is to halt NICS all together and just state nobody can buy guns until the crisis is over, actually is odd they didn't just come out and ask for it..

Obviously what they would really like is to halt NICS all together and just state nobody can buy guns until the crisis is over, actually is odd they didn't just come out and ask for it..
That will be next. [thinking] Don't think the filthy corrupt DimocRATs wouldn't try it. [mg]

Except if NICS is down then BY LAW the transfer can proceed. Included in the law by those who foretold a situation where the govt could make the excuse that the technology not people are why there are no transfers.

If the country came to that however finding an FFL with the huevos to do it might be a challenge though.

Back
Top Bottom