• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Permit Demand Surges For First-Time Buyers In Cook County

Shocking I say! Maybe Barry should spend more time in his HOME TOWN and try to heal the city instead of rubbing elbows with the liberal elitists and enriching himself. Some man of the people
"
CHICAGO (CBS) — The demand for gun permits is surging in Chicago, with thousands more Cook County residents applying for permits this past year.

Almost 10,000 more people in Cook County alone applied for a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card last year. Almost 6,000 applied this year in January alone.

“It’s very interesting the kinds of people we’re getting, said Daniel Conidi, a shooting instructor of more than 30 years and former federal agent. “A lot of professional people, doctors, lawyers.”

Men and women of all ages and all walks of life are putting their fingers on the trigger for the first time.

“They’re just the kind of people that normally, naturally aren’t involved with firearms,” Conidi said. “People that never shot a gun. They just really feel this need to protect themselves and their family from the crime problems we’re seeing in Chicago.”
Gun Permit Demand Surges For First-Time Buyers In Cook County

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/s...permit-holders-break-laws-far-less-than-cops/

Despite massive gun restrictions rolling out across the country, for the past two years, the number of concealed carry permit holders has continued to soar. A study conducted at the end of last year showed that the number of Americans licensed to carry a concealed weapon is now over 17 million—a whopping 273 percent increase since 2007.

If we were to believe the rhetoric that more people carrying guns would lead to more crime, there would be a correlation showing an increase in crime among concealed carry holders. However, a study conducted by the Crime Prevention and Research Center, which examined these numbers, found the opposite.

What’s more, not only are concealed carry permits not committing the crimes the anti-gun crowd would like us to believe, but the study found cops are far more likely to commit crimes than permit holders.

A study conducted at the end of last year showed that the number of Americans licensed to carry a concealed weapon is now over 17 million—a whopping 273 percent increase since 2007.
I wonder if they counted me as 5 people or 6 - in all this excitement, I forgot.
but the study found cops are far more likely to commit crimes than permit holders.
And that is after the professional courtesy and brooming has been applied to the cops.

Back
Top Bottom