Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email off to my Senator asking him to try to slow the bill down so that they may confer with Jim Wallace and possibly make amendments before the bum's rush.

F&^% this POS state and all its corrupt m*******s communist pukes. Will there be a list of names that voted for this communist Bill?
I would like to know, so I never support that idiot again.

In MA, not supporting them does nothing. There are too many idiots who do support them. It's a lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

No more FTF sales, no more Glock "loophole."

No more Glocks, SA's, Kimbers, etc etc.

Sure there will still be 1 or 2 dealers who don't care, but they'll be too far away from most people to even bother.

I honestly don't believe this H.4121 will pass. too many dems worried about their seats.

In MA, not supporting them does nothing. There are too many idiots who do support them. It's a lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

No more Glocks, SA's, Kimbers, etc etc.

Sure there will still be 1 or 2 dealers who don't care, but they'll be too far away from most people to even bother.

+1 - after all look at Fuxahantus Liz Warren

I honestly don't believe this H.4121 will pass. too many dems worried about their seats.

I truly hope so but I doubt it. I would like to know the names of the ones that do pass it because the next time someone like O'Connell is outside a store asking for signatures and I know they voted yes to H.4121 I can tell him or her to stick it and why I am telling them to stick it.

I pray that you are right, but it looks like the DeLeo "fix" is in.

DeLeo knows that his chances are going from low -> slim, so it's either push H.4121 now or it's gone (until 2015 since this is MA).

Rep: House eyes Wednesday debate on gun bill

State House News Service
Posted Jul. 7, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

House Speaker Robert DeLeo’s intention is to put a redrafted gun violence prevention bill before the House on Wednesday, according to a member of the speaker’s leadership team.

Rep. Paul Donato told the News Service after a Democratic leadership meeting in DeLeo’s office on Monday that the gun bill is expected emerge from the House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday.

Donato said he had not yet seen the bill, so he could not comment on its substance or how Democrats might intend to change the bill from the version first DeLeo outlined in May. That bill (H 4121) squeaked through the Public Safety Committee with a favorable recommendation on a 7-6 vote.

The original bill would require that private gun sales take place at a licensed gun dealer, give police chiefs more discretion licensing people for a rifle, and require the state to fully comply with a federal background database for gun purchases.

The bill was drafted following input from a task force appointed by DeLeo after the 2012 shootings inside Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Lawmakers in January 2013 joined together to call for passage of gun legislation but Beacon Hill leaders have been slow to rally around a single bill and with just 24 days remaining for controversial bills to advance this session, gun legislation has yet to be debated in either branch.

Complete article... http://amesbury.wickedlocal.com/article/20140707/NEWS/140707749/?Start=1

Still waiting for the new version. We are getting calls from legislators to see where we stand, but it is difficult to comment on something we have not seen.

DeLeo will not put it up for a full vote unless he knows it will win. Whatever, "changes," have been made to the bill are there to satisfy all the politicians who told us they couldn't vote for the bill, "as written."

Still waiting for the new version. We are getting calls from legislators to see where we stand, but it is difficult to comment on something we have not seen.

"It is difficult to comment on something we have not seen, therefore it must be our position that any attempt to quickly pass 11th-hour legislation that has not been reviewed by representatives, experts, or citizens effected should be rejected outright as misguided, and an affront our rights and cherished political process. I urge you to consider it in the same light."

We have a constitutional republic where we elect virtuous leaders to enact just laws. If we don't like the laws they enact we can put someone else in their place to make new, better laws and repeal the old unjust ones.

It is unlikely that they are breaking any laws by voting on a bill you haven't seen yet.

See the NY Safe Act.

ETA: If you would prefer a democratic form of .gov where every bill is voted on by the citizenry then prepare to have a law confiscating guns. That's what a popular vote would be like in MA.

Last edited:
We have a constitutional republic where we elect virtuous leaders to enact just laws. If we don't like the laws they enact we can put someone else in their place to make new, better laws and repeal the old unjust ones.

It is unlikely that they are breaking any laws by voting on a bill you haven't seen yet.

See the NY Safe Act.

ETA: If you would prefer a democratic form of .gov where every bill is voted on by the citizenry then prepare to have a law confiscating guns. That's what a popular vote would be like in MA.

Right, I understand how the system works...but in this case legislators actually asked for an opinion.

"It is difficult to comment on something we have not seen, therefore it must be our position that any attempt to quickly pass 11th-hour legislation that has not been reviewed by representatives, experts, or citizens effected should be rejected outright as misguided, and an affront our rights and cherished political process. I urge you to consider it in the same light."

Seems like this should be the obvious statement, but it sounds like we're still playing nice and begging for scraps.

What did you need to see?

There's NOTHING to support with this bill. That's where you SHOULD STAND.

Enough of this 'give an inch' crap.

[rolleyes]

What did you need to see?

There's NOTHING to support with this bill. That's where you SHOULD STAND.

Enough of this 'give an inch' crap.

[rolleyes]

GOAL has to say this to keep any credibility w the public. Obviously they wont support H.4121 but if they state "we refuse to support it in any manner" then such statement would get used against them and be detrimental to their cause.

Just got this response today, a month after I contacted his office. It says nothing about where he stands other than the standard boiler plate bs.

Dear Gary:

Thank you for your thoughtful note on the gun violence legislation. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but there has been a great volume of emails on this issue and I wanted to provide a meaningful response.

As you know, the Speaker has proposed a significant and lengthy piece of legislation with more than 50 sections spanning from gun ownership suitability to mental health and suicide prevention education. He has also laid out a very comprehensive proposal that took time to analyze. And I assure you that I conducted my analysis with your concerns in mind.

Since the bill emerged, I have been working in conjunction with my colleagues to address a number of legitimate concerns that have been raised, many of which were expressed in your email. My colleagues and I have expressed our views on the topic and crafted some changes to the legislation that address many of the issues that you raised. The bill, along with some amendments and revisions, is scheduled for debate tomorrow. Although the final product will not please everyone, I am confident that the compromises reached to date, and those that may arise during the debate, will make it a much better bill. I will continue to keep your input in mind and carefully consider each and every proposal that is presented during this debate.

As I stated at the beginning of the session, I am committed to figuring out how best to balance the mental health needs of the Commonwealth while keeping the safety and constitutional rights of residents in mind. I understand that we can’t do this without respect and empathy for one another’s opinions and ideas.

Again, I thank you for sharing your thoughts and urge you to follow the debate tomorrow and keep in touch.

Jeff

Jeffrey N. Roy State Representative
10th Norfolk District (Franklin & Medway)
State House, Room 134
Boston, MA 02133
Tel: 617-722-2400

That letter could be one line: "bla bla thank you"

it says nothing other than "I am a scared little politician afraid to grow a pair."

Just got this response today, a month after I contacted his office.

You patiently waited for a month to get that crap "response"? Screw that, call him up, now! Even if your rep is a clueless libtard that will never see the light of reason, find joy in the fact that you're ruining at least a small part of their day.

You patiently waited for a month to get that crap "response"? Screw that, call him up, now! Even if your rep is a clueless libtard that will never see the light of reason, find joy in the fact that you're ruining at least a small part of their day.

I usually do but last time I called Cheryl Jaques office up it turned out badly. I was waiting for the JBTs to break down my door. The woman that took my call was extremely nasty and i dropped to her level and things just got worse from that point.

Just got this..

Hello,

I totally disagree with HB 4121 as it is written today.
Without our right to bear arms, only criminals will have guns.

Respectfully,
Donald H. Wong
State Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom