Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LIC: back upper right (finger print on file use pin)

They stopped putting the print on there when they killed off the finger print scanners at the dealers. (Or more accurately when Microsoft killed off the finger print scanners at the dealers.)

Sell out!

Lol. Where do I pick up my check?

Last edited:
Why dont they make unlawful firearm possession minimum 5 years?
deserializing a firearm, make it minimun 5 years.
maybe that will help the thug snowflakes.

cant remember last time I caught an NESer scratching off a serial #....oh wait we actually abide by the law.

(c) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon and such weapon was stored or kept in a place where a person under the age of 18 who does not possess a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $2,500 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1 and 1/2 years nor more than 12 years, or by both fine and imprisonment.

Let you kid access a firearm and go to jail for 12 years.

again, this is as the 1998 law is written. this entire section only deletes the reference to a Class A or B license

deserializing a firearm, make it minimun 5 years.

cant remember last time I caught an NESer scratching off a serial #....oh wait we actually abide by the law.

Take away too many votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserializing a firearm, make it minimun 5 hears.

they would still apply this only to ignorant, otherwise good citizens, rather than gang bangers

yeah forgot about that one! Still calling and emailing.......just hoping the whole thing gets voted no!

Keep it up!!

- I have my morning coffee around 10AM
- Followed by my daily call to Dempsey's office and all the other reps who have not responded to my e-mails (or responded with ambiguous "screw you" statements)
- Emails go out everyday before lunch - always with a different header and footer.

This is all we can do, short of picketing at the state house steps - Not enough time in the day for me though :(

(i) has ever, in a court of the commonwealth, been convicted or adjudicated a youthful offender or delinquent child, both as defined in section 52 of chapter 119, for the commission of: (a) a felony; (b) a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for more than 2 years ; (c) a violent crime as defined in section 121; (d) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession, ownership, transfer, purchase, sale, lease, rental, receipt or transportation of weapons or ammunition for which a term of imprisonment may be imposed; (e) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances, as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C including, but not limited to, a violation under said chapter 94C; or (f) a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as that term is defined in 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(33);

How manny will be jammed up from this

What about AG and EOPS lists? Can't read the file as I'm at work.

SECTION 43. Section 131¾ of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the figure “131½, in line 3, the words:- and in consultation with the attorney general.

SECTION 44. Said section 131¾ of said chapter 140, as so appearing is hereby further amended by inserting after the word “board”, in line 14, the words:- or the attorney general.

I think this is it, but it pisses me off that they don't do a tracked changes version and force you to parse the docs together.

What about AG and EOPS lists? Can't read the file as I'm at work.

SECTION 43. Section 131¾ of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the figure “131½, in line 3, the words:- and in consultation with the attorney general.
SECTION 44. Said section 131¾ of said chapter 140, as so appearing is hereby further amended by inserting after the word “board”, in line 14, the words:- or the attorney general.

Section 1311/2. The governor shall appoint a gun control advisory board, hereinafter referred to as the board. The board shall consist of seven individuals, one of whom shall be a member of the gun owners action league, one of whom shall be a police chief selected from a list of four selected by the police chiefs association and one of whom shall be the director of the firearms record bureau within the department of criminal justice information services. It shall be the responsibility of the board **** to advise the executive office of public safety on matters relating to the implementation of sections 121 to 131P, inclusive, and section 2SS of chapter 29. The board shall serve without compensation and shall adopt operating rules and procedures for its organization and activities.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section1313~4

(i) has ever, in a court of the commonwealth, been convicted or adjudicated a youthful offender or delinquent child, both as defined in section 52 of chapter 119, for the commission of: (a) a felony; (b) a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for more than 2 years ; (c) a violent crime as defined in section 121; (d) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession, ownership, transfer, purchase, sale, lease, rental, receipt or transportation of weapons or ammunition for which a term of imprisonment may be imposed; (e) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances, as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C including, but not limited to, a violation under said chapter 94C; or (f) a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as that term is defined in 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(33);

How manny will be jammed up from this

That's already part of the current law.

So is the suitability "compromise" that the COP can say no, but there must be documentation and recourse for judicial review? That's a smart way for them to do it, to embrace getting sued and pass the buck to a judge. That sucks.

So is the suitability "compromise" that the COP can say no, but there must be documentation and recourse for judicial review? That's a smart way for them to do it, to embrace getting sued and pass the buck to a judge. That sucks.

Better than having no recourse at all, which is the case today.

Better than having no recourse at all, which is the case today.

actually, the insertion of this at line 131, section 5
A person whose petition for relief is denied may appeal to the appellate division of the district court for a de novo review of the denial.

brings whole new level to a court hearing for a denial. the COP must prove 'unsuitable', and, from what I'm told, it cannot be just because he doesn't like to issue LTC's....as is the case now

Please excuse my inability to make sense out of these legal documents. Are we stuck with the lists? And can we still buy guns off of the list from other gun owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom