Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't ****ing believe it was Ross who betrayed us. ****.

Ross is on the Rules committee. Maybe he abstained so as not to have a conflict of interest in that committee, knowing that it was going there next? Or maybe he just sucks.

Ross is on the Rules committee. Maybe he abstained so as not to have a conflict of interest in that committee, knowing that it was going there next? Or maybe he just sucks.

If thats the case then why would he be on any committee when the next step is rules? That automatically eliminates a vote.

it made it out of committee to be reviewed by the rules committee before it can be presented to the house for discussion, amending, voting, etc... or they can vote to send it to yet another committee

- - - Updated - - -

at every point, but no one cares. The AG literally threatens out of state vendors that ship to MA residents
if that isn't interfering with interstate commerce I don't know what is

Is it being sent to the rules committee instead of the house , a good , bad or indifferent thing?

Is it being sent to the rules committee instead of the house , a good , bad or indifferent thing?

in my not-so-expert opinion... indifferent, it will come out of there and onto the house for sure. Semms like a procedural thing, maybe they set the rules for amendments, votes, etc on particulars

If thats the case then why would he be on any committee when the next step is rules? That automatically eliminates a vote.

Bills don't automatically go to rules or to safety. They could end up on any number of committees depending on the bill and there is a lot of overlap in the membership.

Trust me, this is one bill that will NOT die. Now that it has been "cleared" by the committee, it's going to be full steam ahead with voting. Expect a vote in both the senate and house any weekend.

Seriously, in this state house?

If the Speakers' "baby" of a bill looks like it's going to die, a hypocritical dirtbag like DeLeo would have one of his "aides" go out on the Thursday before the vote, pack an AR and shoot up the Dunkin Donuts in Winthrop just to garner the moonbat public's support...

Then the "heroic" legislature will pass it in its entirety, as currently written, on a summer Friday afternoon when the entire state is in "getaway mode" to the Cape or Maine.

Pass with an "Addendum Emergency Preamble: all firearms are illegal in MA unless in the posession of law enforcement"

(Monday morning we'll be at the ranges shooting Zip Guns or Spitballs at each other...) [rolleyes]

Hank will be one Ill bet

I am pretty sure he voted for it straight out.
Hey folks we have shaken up the State House. I have recieved positive emails from 4 Pols. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone today with Sen. Ross's Chief Aide. They are stunned with the calls, emails and letters from all over the state. Not just Ross but all of them. They have heard it but most follow party lines. They are all angry over the behind the back email vote over the weekend. The aide said keep up the contacts they are hearing it. The big thing would be to make some one pay for it. Naughton is the most at risk lets see if we can help knock him out. So all pessimism aside keep up the heat and maybe this would work out alright. We need to get the 330,000 license holders to get off their lazy buts and VOTE!

And didn't Ross vote so as not to stop this pile of crud?

Ross's Aide lied about his vote! What a rat!

Not good news. But who's surprised. 16 People on the committee. Only 3 are non-Democrat and those 3 voted for us. ( Man! we really need a more balanced Legislature. This is one party rule! Not good)

The information comes thanks to MARGO Massachusetts Responsible Gun Owners. I'll send more as I get it.

MARGO: Here is how the voting went down to move the bill out of the Committee on Public Safety & Homeland Security (which lost 7-6, with 3 reserved). Below that is how the voting to reconsider the bill went (which we also lost 10-6) Stay strong!

Move Out of Committee Votes:
Brady, Michael D.
House
Democrat
Y
Naughton, Harold P.
House
Democrat
Y
Silvia, Alan
House
Democrat
Y
Chang-Diaz, Sonia
Senate
Democrat
Y
Ashe, Brian M.
House
Democrat
Y
Campbell, Linda
House
Democrat
Y
Curran, Sean
House
Democrat
Y
Dwyer, James J.
House
Democrat
R
Mannal, Brian
House
Democrat
R
Ross, Richard J.
Senate
Republican
R
Turner, Cleon H.
House
Democrat
N
Vieira, David T.
House
Republican
N
Moore, Michael O.
Senate
Democrat
N
Timilty, James E.
Senate
Democrat
N
Boldyga, Nicholas A.
House
Republican
N
Welch, James T.
Senate
Democrat
N
Â
**Representative Brian Mannal wished to reserve his rights, but indicated if the vote came to a tie, he would vote "ought to pass" in order to allow the bill to move forward to the House Floor for debate. Â
***Representative Boldyga did not respond to the poll by the 12:00pm deadline. Â He later informed the committee that he did in fact vote on the bill, but it failed to be submitted to the committee due to technical problems. Â The representative provided the committee with a time-stamped screenshot of his attempted vote which the committee accepted. Â
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÂ
RECONSIDERATION OF H4121
Name
Branch
Party
Y/N
Brady, Michael D.
House
Democrat
N
Campbell, Linda
House
Democrat
N
Dwyer, James J.
House
Democrat
N
Mannal, Brian
House
Democrat
N
Naughton, Harold P.
House
Democrat
N
Silvia, Alan
House
Democrat
N
Curran, Sean
House
Democrat
N
Chang-Diaz, Sonia
Senate
Democrat
N
Welch, James T.
Senate
Democrat
N
Ashe, Brian M.
House
Democrat
N
Boldyga, Nicholas A.
House
Republican
Y
Turner, Cleon H.
House
Democrat
Y
Vieira, David T.
House
Republican
Y
Moore, Michael O.
Senate
Democrat
Y
Ross, Richard J.
Senate
Republican
Y
Timilty, James E.
Senate
Democrat
Y

I don't think this has been posted yet, but here's a list of the bills cosponsors...

NAME: DISTRICT/ADDRESS:
Robert A. DeLeo 19th Suffolk
Cory Atkins 14th Middlesex
Jennifer E. Benson 37th Middlesex
Paul Brodeur 32nd Middlesex
Linda Campbell 15th Essex
Edward F. Coppinger 10th Suffolk
Marjorie C. Decker 25th Middlesex
Denise C. Garlick 13th Norfolk
Kenneth I. Gordon 21st Middlesex
Patricia A. Haddad 5th Bristol
Daniel Hunt 13th Suffolk
Kay Khan 11th Middlesex
David Paul Linsky 5th Middlesex
Paul McMurtry 11th Norfolk
Frank A. Moran 17th Essex
Michael J. Moran 18th Suffolk
Alice Hanlon Peisch 14th Norfolk
David M. Rogers 24th Middlesex
Byron Rushing 9th Suffolk
Daniel Ryan 2nd Suffolk
Jeffrey Sánchez 15th Suffolk
Alan Silvia 7th Bristol
Theodore C. Speliotis 13th Essex
Jack McDevitt
Robert Cerasoli
David Hemenway
John Herman
James Hicks
Marylou Sudders
Paul Dakin

Thanks for this. I am surprised to see Haddad as a sponsor. I thought she was a supporter of 2A rights

Stand by for a July 3rd sneak attack ramming this bill through like the cowards they are.

THIS!!!!

As I've said MANY times over the course of this entire process!!

These lying, snivelling, conniving, pompous scumballs who would shake your hand while campaigning and steal your watch at the same time?
They can and will do ANYTHING if they can get away with it, especially the "Honorable" Speaker himself. (But the Speaker, of course, wouldn't be around for any pre-holiday vote. He'll be off to Maine with his "Goumada" - the one from the Point that nobody is supposed to know about - while his wife is down the Cape with the family).

Ain't that right, Bobby from East Boston??

After we heard the news, we immediately reached out to Senator Ross - here's the correspondence

Q - Senator Ross, people are extremely upset with your "present" vote on 4121. Please explain...

A - Hello, and nice to hear from you. There is no "present" vote in committee. I reserved my right to vote on the bill in committee. As a licensed gun owner myself, I had a lot of questions and concerns with the bill, and until I got them addressed, I was not going to vote for it, or against it for that matter. However, when it passed, and it was made clear that they would not be allowing amendments, I voted to have it reconsidered. This vote unfortunately fell short. This was very disappointing, because we have a lot of work to do on this bill. I would certainly vote against it with it's current language.

Well if nothing else comes of this , it will be pretty clear that not a f*cking word that comes out of some of their mouths can ever be trusted again.
Our pal Naughton comes to mind at the top of that list.
"No really, I believe in the constitution and I'm really interested in input from the citizens of the state" [puke]
Lying sack of monkey shit.
If he told me it was daytime I'd still go look out the window.

After we heard the news, we immediately reached out to Senator Ross - here's the correspondence

Q - Senator Ross, people are extremely upset with your "present" vote on 4121. Please explain...

A - Hello, and nice to hear from you. There is no "present" vote in committee. I reserved my right to vote on the bill in committee. As a licensed gun owner myself, I had a lot of questions and concerns with the bill, and until I got them addressed, I was not going to vote for it, or against it for that matter. However, when it passed, and it was made clear that they would not be allowing amendments, I voted to have it reconsidered. This vote unfortunately fell short. This was very disappointing, because we have a lot of work to do on this bill. I would certainly vote against it with it's current language.

Wat?

in my not-so-expert opinion... indifferent, it will come out of there and onto the house for sure. Semms like a procedural thing, maybe they set the rules for amendments, votes, etc on particulars

Thanks, I'm trying to keep up .
I just hate politics
And politicians even more.

Errrr Mr Ross this aint your first rodeo, you know exactly how this works. You shouldnt have had questions since youve been sitting on this bill for a while. If you sincerely felt you had concerns not being addressed you would have voted no
Instead you voted "coward" oopps I mean present , knowing damn well it wouldnt be reconsidered.

Does anyone for one second buy the crap that came out of his mouth? This guy is a first class asshat.

Sent from the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom