Gunsmith for shotgun barrel choke work?

Looking to have a single battel pump shotgun barrel opened up from modified to improved cylinder, or possibly even threaded for chokes. Who in MA can do this, and in a reasonable amount of time? Would rather not spend an arm and a leg but will if i have to.

Thanks in advance!

There is a guy in Amherst MA that does it but might be further than you are willing to travel. PM if you need the name. I called, dropped off the gun, went and got a cup of coffee and they were done.

Not sure what part of Mass you are in. Greg Derr recommended Mike Pigney in Taunton to do choke work, as Greg specializes in handguns.

I would suggest getting it threaded for tubes if there is enough wall thickness as your use may change down the road. There are tubes made for thinner walls, but the smith would know what's best.

Another Mike Orlen fan. He does very good work at very reasonable rate.
If you just need barrel work done, the easiest thing would be to make arrangements with whichever 'smith you choose, and then send the barrel in a cardboard tube by mail. It's not a gun, so it doesn't need special shipping.

Thanks for all of the advice. Going to see if Santurri can take care of it, I work near his shop...if not over to 1776. If Mike Orlen wasnt out in Amherst, seems like hed be the guy to go to.

Back
Top Bottom