Hampton, NH PD Bullsh*t Pistol License

No you just missed my point and ran with one sentence while ignoring everything else I said. I know, I get it! How dare I say or type anything that might go against the tide......and people talk about being a "good sheep"! OK, here it is, I'm wrong your right BAH BAHHHHHHH!

Stop being such a pussy. If you have something to say to me, say it.

I just sent an email to the city manager in Hampton, cc'd the PD contact listed on the website's directory. Maybe some others could do the same. I chose the town manager, since he would be more apt to look into the matter from a financial responsibility standpoint, and would be in a better position to talk with the town attorney. It may not make a difference, but what the hell.

Town Manager- [email protected]
Police Contact- [email protected]

Good evening,

It understand that an acquaintance has attempted to apply for an NH pistol and revolver license at your town's police department, and was not even allowed to turn the application in because it did not contain information that has been requested that is not on the form. Per NH RSA 159.6 sec b:

"The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident license"

This is an affront to the laws set forth in this great state, and to this person's personal liberties. I am very disappointed in the story I have heard, and I think you should be as well. Furthermore, and the reason I am sending this email to you, the town manager, is that when this case is brought to court, your town could be liable for court costs and legal fees for the plaintiff.

I might suggest that you and the city attorney review the process by which your police department issues P&R licenses, and I think you'll find that it is not in accordance with NH state law, which cannot be usurped in this case by local laws, as per the NH state constitution.

My opinion is that if this individual goes to court over this, he will prevail. While my opinion may not matter to you, as I am not a resident of your town, the opinion of the judge that this will eventually be brought before will most certainly hold more sway. Please take a moment to review your processes, and possibly save the town some real headaches.

Sincerely,

Jibbr71

I just sent an email to the city manager in Hampton, cc'd the PD contact listed on the website's directory. Maybe some others could do the same. I chose the town manager, since he would be more apt to look into the matter from a financial responsibility standpoint, and would be in a better position to talk with the town attorney. It may not make a difference, but what the hell.

Thanks much.

Just stop. You're not helping, and if I do drag this to court, and believe me that I ABSOLUTELY WILL, they will be the ones paying my court costs after they lose.

Your not very nice and don't tell me what to do please, if you don't like my opinion then ignore it!

+1 headed your way... but I hope you fixed the typo in the first sentence.

double that:

Hello there and to whom it may concern,

It has come to my attention that an acquaintance has recently attempted to obtain a Pistol and Revolver License from your issuing authority, and was met with some standards that do not align with that of the New Hampshire RSA's.

As a taxpayer of the Town of Newton, and carrying gun owner, I would advise you accept a lawful process as I have seen the ramifications to both the issuing authority and the tax payer when these unlawful processes are challenged in court.

Please do the right thing by the applicant, and all those of whom you serve, and respect the law for issuance.

Regards,

We just got back from the Hampton PD. They would not let us turn in my wife's application. They immediately gave her a hard time about not providing phone numbers for her references (not required and on the state form) not providing a copy of her drivers license and vehicle registration (not required on the state form) and then gave us an additional form (attached).

The extremely rude and inept receptionist couldn't get past the fact that we weren't providing anything more than what is on the P&R application, and got the on-duty sergeant B.W. Newcomb was even less helpful, spouting such bullsh*t as "we don't know who we are dealing with if you don't give us the information."

Long story short, I need an attorney, ASAP.View attachment 89683

We will not bend over. We will not submit. We will fight this until we get out justice.

Wow. Your wanna know what is real hilarious? The Hampton PD is so dumb they cant spell "Hampton" right [rofl]

(look at the make check payable to section for the misspelling)

Good evening,

I understand that an acquaintance has attempted to apply for an NH pistol and revolver license at your town's police department, and was not even allowed to turn the application in because it did not contain information that has been requested that is not on the form. Per NH RSA 159.6 sec b:

"The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident license."

I might suggest that you and the city attorney review the process by which your police department issues P&R licenses, and I think you'll find that it is not in accordance with NH state law, which cannot be usurped in this case by local laws, as per the NH state constitution.

I am a carrying gun owner in the town of Jaffrey, and it upsets me greatly to hear of these unlawful practices happening in this state. It is absolutely unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Neil W.

Stole some from others. I'm not good at typing up stuff.

Sent it off.

I thought to myself before "there must be more to the story". Oh and please stop sending me messages with your hate filled rants and threats, maybe this should serve as a clue to why the police singled you out.

Just stop. Give it a rest already.

-Mike

This one in red?

D'OH!!! Oh well, if that's the worst I did....

Nope, This one:

It understand that an acquaintance has attempted to apply for an NH pistol and revolver license at your town's police department, and was not even allowed to turn the application in because it did not contain information that has been requested that is not on the form. Per NH RSA 159.6 sec b:

I assume you meant to right "It is my understanding" or "I understand that an acquaintance of mine has..."

Oh well, they won't read it anyways. [rofl]

I added my full name. I just abbreviated it here so the drones don't get me. [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, This one:

I assume you meant to right "It is my understanding" or "I understand that an acquaintance of mine has..."

Oh well, they won't read it anyways. [rofl]

I noticed it, and fixed it on my email.

I added my full name. I just abbreviated it here so the drones don't get me. [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed it, and fixed it on my email.

I'm sure they'll call my chief and make sure I receive regular "welfare" checks.

Better keep my dog indoors.

Your wrong, what I said is if you piss off the police they can make things difficult for you and guess what? They are sticking it to this cyberlogix guy. I said if you fight be ready for their BS and just look, there it is so I was actually correct. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[rofl]

They can try. They will fail and foot the bill for it. This isn't MA.

Your wrong, what I said is if you piss off the police they can make things difficult for you and guess what? They are sticking it to this cyberlogix guy. I said if you fight be ready for their BS and just look, there it is so I was actually correct. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[rofl]

Just stop. Give it a rest already.

-Mike

mike saved me some typing....

Not that I'm suggesting this, and it also is certainly unpopular to say, but no, that isn't the only way to beat them at their game. You could kill them.

I'm pretty sure our country was founded on doing exactly that.

Oh my god this is beautiful. Isn't it amazing how fear of being found "not suitable" in states like MA means that no MA person will ever say this on an Internet forum. But someone from a (relatively) free state (gasp) enjoys not only 2A rights, but 1A rights as well.

Kevlar for dogs might not be a bad idea. Everybody knows cops' accuracy dramatically increases when the target is of the canine persuasion.

Oh my god this is beautiful. Isn't it amazing how fear of being found "not suitable" in states like MA means that no MA person will ever say this on an Internet forum. But someone from a (relatively) free state (gasp) enjoys not only 2A rights, but 1A rights as well.

You'll note that everyone who has emailed Hampton thus far has been from NH... daring to question a brother in blue MA is probably all most would require to declare a lack of suitability. All we have to do is lobby NotTom to get a group buy on some doggie LevelIII's [laugh]

Wow. Your wanna know what is real hilarious? The Hampton PD is so dumb they cant spell "Hampton" right [rofl]

(look at the make check payable to section for the misspelling)

They also called it a "Permit". It's not a "Permit". It's a Pistol and Revolver LICENSE.

Seems like they're taking NH RSA as a mere suggestion rather than actually following the letter of the law.

You'll note that everyone who has emailed Hampton thus far has been from NH... daring to question a brother in blue MA is probably all most would require to declare a lack of suitability. All we have to do is lobby NotTom to get a group buy on some doggie LevelIII's [laugh]

It sounds like there's at least three letters in to Hampton's Town Manager. I would also write, but it sounds like there's a lot of wood on this fire right now.

Cyberlogicx, if I can help in anyway let me know! AGain, I think there's a lot of wood on this fire, but don't mind helping.

Also, I would PM "design" (Rep. J.R. Hoell [R-Dunbarton]) and see if he can grease any skids.

I thought about it, but was trying to be serious. [rofl]

I stole yours but added some points to apply to my area

Good evening,

I understand that an acquaintance has attempted to apply for an NH pistol and revolver license at your town's police department, and was not even allowed to turn the application in because it did not contain information that has been requested that is not on the form. Per NH RSA 159.6 sec b:

"The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident license."

I am a carrying gun owner from the iron curtain to the south, and it upsets me greatly to hear of these unlawful practices happening in NH. It is absolutely unacceptable. I am prepared to provide any and all financial assistance possible to aid in ensuring that a fellow gun owner doesn't have their rights trampled. We have enough of this in this communist state of Massachusetts and I would hate to see this cancer spread north of the border.

Sincerely,

Back
Top Bottom