Handgun comparison

I am thinking about buying a Kahr PM9 as a compact carry gun as needed. I am also researching the Beretta 9000S and the baby Glock 26. I prefer 9mm over .40.

Am I comparing apples to oranges? Anyone have any positive or negative experience with any of these? Recommendations?

(I don't have to worry about Mass. compliant. I can get these from a Mass resident who has an LTC on a private sale. He has access to these; so I can buy them legally from him—who can buy them legally—and fill out the transfer forms to stick a thumb in the eye of the incompetent Mass Attorney General at the same time) :D

My personal carry gun is a Glock 19. I like it. Glocks are 100% reliable.

My military firearm is an M9 (92FS Beretta). I like that fairly well.

My opinion as to what you should do. Try them and get the one that fits you and you like.

If you can, do what Nickle says and shoot both. Go with the one you like best, you won't know until you try them out. Which ever one gives you the most confidence is the one you should choose.

The best advice is to try to shoot one (or more) of each before you buy.

I like Glocks myself and have several. My latest is a Glock 26 and it is better than I imagined. Generally the smaller the gun the harder it is to shoot, but in the G26's case this is not true. It is remarkably easy to shoot, even with the NY2 trigger I have,

Go to the dark side of the force. Or, as Deputy US Marshall Sam Gerard once said, "Get yourself a Glock. Lose the nickle-plated sissy pistol.".

One of my closest friends { also a Mainer here in Fargo} has both Glock pistols in various chamberings as well as two Kahr's. I have shot the all metal version quite a bit and it's a fine gun. The polymer gun is his carry gun on a daily basis. He has had no problems with it and likes it .

I purchased a G26 for my wife several years ago. I took it to the range, shot it, then ran as fast as I could to the gun shop to purchase one for myself. The G26 is very accurate. I carry every single day in a FIST INC kydex IWB holster in the "appendix" carry position.
Pat McD just bought a Kahr that I handled the other day. It actually seemed too small for my hands though.
For ha-ha's I just purchased a G29 which may replace the G26 during cold weather (I'd feel more comfortable punching a deer with a 10mm, should one sneak up on me in the woods while I'm checking my trap line [shock] ). You really can't go wrong with a G26 for every day carry though.

I've only handled one 9000S. My friend got one, actually after I recommended not to, after reading a lot of postings about it.
When it isn't jamming, the 9000S is fine, so for range fine, for CCW & defense, I wouldn't touch one.
I only have one Glock, G17, but someday it may be joined by another! 8)

Back
Top Bottom