Harvard sportsman club

I'm also looking to see if someone can sponsor me at this Thursday's meeting. I've shot here a few times, but my member friend is out of town this week. He suggested I ask here, so any help would be appreciated.

we got 10-15 inches where I'm at, I'm only a few miles from the club. Grounds crew here is apparently legendary, though. Most of the roads here cleaned up fast because it got warm, so I'd prep for mud.

So, I'm thinking about heading down this Wednesday to check out some competitive shooting and the club. I'm trying to join up somewhere. How many NESers are going to be around? Anything I need to know?

I generally make practice every Wednesday although up until last week it had been tough. I expect to be there tomorrow evening. Eyes and ears obviously. If you have not shot any action shooting (first time) please make the RO aware and they will walk you through everything you need to know - commands etc. The range is a cold range meaning no guns loaded until RO gives you the command.

If you want to shoot your own stuff its - gun (no .22), OWB holster, mag carriers, ammo 100 rounds maybe 150 if its a night with not a lot of shooters.

The practices are still being held indoors from my understanding so that is the lower door of the club house from 5-7pm. It moves outdoors once the weather permits.

Cool, thanks for the info.
I may or may not bring my pistol; but, at this point I'm leaning more towards the just observing side of the fence, as long as you guys don't mind somebody watching. I haven't shot at ranges or clubs all that often (only .mil ranges and public ranges) so I think I'll just observe and learn. I am very interested though.

Hope I see you there.

I may or may not bring my pistol; but, at this point I'm leaning more towards the just observing side of the fence, as long as you guys don't mind somebody watching. I haven't shot at ranges or clubs all that often (only .mil ranges and public ranges) so I think I'll just observe and learn. I am very interested though.

Hope I see you there.

I'll be there as well, I'll be the guy with bright orange fitted earplugs. Observers are more than welcome, and feel free to ask questions about the club and/or USPSA.

Hope I see you there.

Bring the pistol and gear, you will find that the experienced shooters are all about bringing new people into the sport.
If you don't no big deal watching and observing is always fine.

All I can say is wow. The club is awesome, and USPSA is so much fun. Thanks mlaboss for showing me the grounds and letting me know what was going on.

All I can say is wow. The club is awesome, and USPSA is so much fun. Thanks mlaboss for showing me the grounds and letting me know what was going on.

No problem, it was good meeting you. Hope to see you at future practices!

If you got to meet with Mike you got a great representation of how friendly and awesome the membership is at HSC. Glad you enjoyed the club and thank you Mike for representing :)

Quick Question

I have attended a couple IDPA practices and tomorrow I plan on ducking work early to participate and learn more about USPSA.

So my question is with it being light till after 7 now has the practice moved outside?

Thanks

Quick Question

I have attended a couple IDPA practices and tomorrow I plan on ducking work early to participate and learn more about USPSA.

So my question is with it being light till after 7 now has the practice moved outside?

Thanks

We've been inside the past couple weeks due to the snow/mud, but with all the warm weather in the past week I'm guessing the action pits will be clear enough to practice.

I can't thank you guys enough for the welcome I felt participating in the uspsa practice today. In spite of the fact that I am new to shooting not once did I feel that I wasn't just as welcome as the most advanced shooters. Picked up a ton of tips and am looking forward to participating again.

There is no doubt that the reason this club is spoken so highly of is the people!!

I can't thank you guys enough for the welcome I felt participating in the uspsa practice today. In spite of the fact that I am new to shooting not once did I feel that I wasn't just as welcome as the most advanced shooters. Picked up a ton of tips and am looking forward to participating again.

There is no doubt that the reason this club is spoken so highly of is the people!!

That is what we like to hear! Very glad you enjoyed yourself and the club provided a good environment for you to practice in. We really do have an amazing crew of shooters and members - hope to see you back again. Consider joining as well as it is obviously the club to join ;)

It was a real pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you again; maybe even every week.

Yes. There is no set limit on guests, but you should be reasonable.
Doubly wonderful; Harvard just went up the list! I'd probably just bring my gf once in a while. Maybe my father too but I bet he will join soon anyways. Thanks for the reply.

HSC is the club closest to my home and it seems to be universally loved. I want to shoot outside and HSC seems to offer the most outdoor options and space. Between my business, my children, and my wife's schedule, I am just finding it impossible to make it to any of the public events or monthly meetings. Someday.

I believe you'll have to show up at the monthly meeting to join but all other meetings are optional. You can work to reduce your dues but it's not required. Some people can't make the Sunday morning safety tour and the club tried to accommodate them. Check with Dan Hurley to be sure.

And you need a club member to sponsor you and they need to be at the meeting when you apply for membership.

The man who does the safety tours, I believe, will accommodate you within reason if you cannot make the proscribed time for the safety tour. I do believe that any club office can also give you the tour.

Hey guys! I have been shooting since I was a kid, pistol only about 5 years, I'm 30 years old and looking for a new range. HSC is the range/family I am most interested in joining! I am hoping to find a someone on NES to sponsor me. Please let me know if anyone is available to help. Feel free to call or pm me! Thanks everyone!

Graham
610-417-5248

Back
Top Bottom