Harvard Sportsman`s Club

I think there`s an open house at Harvard this weekend.
I was a member 10 years ago but dropped out. Any members here? What are the facilities like now? How are the ranges? What`s the cost to join and annual membership?

Yup, there's lots of us here. I make the drive all the way from Somerville because there's nowhere else with the combination of facilities, freedom, support, and growth like Harvard has. Come down and check out the open house tomorrow (Saturday) between 10am and 3pm. I've only been here 2 years, so I'm not sure what the differences are between now and 10 years ago.

You can see all the membership details at this site:
http://www.harvardsportsmansclub.com/membership.html

I just joined last month and I have to tell you I was blown away with he place. Since then I think I have 2-3 people I know ready to join also. Once you go there and see the facility I would be willing to bet you will be ready to join. I compared 5 different clubs in my area and found this one to have the most to offer and if you can spare 4 hours a year to do some work, you can really save a lot on your years membership fees.

Don't miss out on this Annual Open House.

Metrowest IDPA will be offering a demo and also a chance for visitors to shoot an IDPA stage. There will be other demos of IPSC, Cowboy Action Shooting, Trap, and even a mess of machine guns to try.

This is a once a year opportunity to see the club known as "Daytime Disneyland" in all its glory!

Site: http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/

Driving directions to HSC: http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/directions.html

Last edited:
I just joined last month. I think it's a great place, but I've only seen a few others. They have a larger number of action shooting banks. And some cowboy shooting ones. They also have a 7, 25, 50 yard range in one area. They 7 and 25, 50 are separate. They have a 100 yard range that is on it's own. There is a 200/300 yard range that you need to 'qualify for'. To do this you need to shoot a grouping at 100 yards, then shoot at the 200 yard range with the RO. This is just to make sure you are on the target and not tossing lead into the center of Harvard which is just beyond the range (1/2-1.5 miles). They also have a shotgun, archery and machine gun range (you need to be certified for the MG range).

Cost is $150 per year (can work 4 hrs to get NEXT years for half price). Also it is prorated. I joined last month and it was $90 through Marchish. Also there is a $150 initiation fee.

The people there are a great group of people. If you are mainly interested in action shooting I *think* they said you do not need to be a member for IDPA and ISCPA(sp?)

http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/ for more information

/Jason

Yes, it's true, you don't need to be a member of IDPA or USPSA/IPSC to try either game.

If you like it, after you shoot your first match, you'll be asked to join if you want to continue in the sport.

Great bunch of guys and gals, and a heck of a lot of fun. There are some outstanding competitors at Harvard.

Darius

Harvard

I just joined last month and I have to tell you I was blown away with he place. Since then I think I have 2-3 people I know ready to join also. Once you go there and see the facility I would be willing to bet you will be ready to join. I compared 5 different clubs in my area and found this one to have the most to offer and if you can spare 4 hours a year to do some work, you can really save a lot on your years membership fees.
Do they have an indoor range?

Yes, we have an indoor range -- a fifty-footer. It's currently being reconstructed and should be ready to shoot again very soon. Good for pistols in any common caliber, and .22 rifles also.

Yes, we have an indoor range -- a fifty-footer. It's currently being reconstructed and should be ready to shoot again very soon. Good for pistols in any common caliber, and .22 rifles also.

Wow! Cool!! Considering how common SW .500 is around here, that's a pretty tough range backstop. [rofl]

Recommend

I've been a member for almost 3 years. Just love the place. After shooting indoors for years, being able to shoot in a large beautiful outdoor settings is truly a breath of fresh air! (Get it!?? 'Fresh air'? Outside?!?! Its ok to laugh. Go ahead...I'll wait) Anywho... I was out there on Sunday after the open house shooting for about 90 mins and just had a very pleasant time. Lots of friendly people. Beautiful day. I look forward to my drives out of the People's Republic to the HSC.

Back
Top Bottom