• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone flown to FL from MA with MA LTC since July 1st?

CAESAR

NES Member
I don't have and never had FL LTC (in state or out of state). I want to travel by plane to FL (I am MA LTC holder) with a gun.
Want hear about your experience.
If you want to answer off topic or joke around call your grandmother please. I am sure she'll be happy to listen.
Thanks ahead.

Have you considered getting the Utah non-resident concealed carry permit?

They have reciprocity with a lot of states, and it is relatively easy to get. The catch is you need to have proof of a utah approved firearms familiarity course. There's instructors in MA that do this class: https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2023/08/Certified-Instructors-Out-of-State.pdf
I had it and let it expire because it was useless for my travels. But would I need it inFL after July 1st?

If Florida doesn’t require a permit to posses a firearm, what would the issue be? Carrying while you’re in FL is unrelated to flying to FL with a checked gun.

Are you looking for experiences flying or while you’re there?

Florida is constitutional carry as of July 1, 2023 (concealed carry only; no open carry).

“Starting July 1, 2023, new legislation takes effect in the state of Florida which authorizes a person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm pursuant to a valid concealed weapons license or without a concealed weapons license provided that the criteria for obtaining a license is met.”

“A person is eligible for a concealed firearms license, and under the new law may carry without a CWL, if he or she satisfies all of the following requirements:
  • Must carry a government issued ID (e.g. REAL ID) and display it upon demand by an officer;
  • Must be a United States resident and citizen or hold a permanent resident status;
  • Must be 21 years of age or older;
  • Does not have any physical aliments preventing the safe handling of a weapon or firearm;
  • Not prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm as a result of a prior conviction for a felony offense or other provision of Florida or federal law or set by the court system;
  • Has not been committed under Florida State Statutes, Chapter 397, for abusing a controlled substance;
  • Does not chronically and habitually use alcoholic beverages to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired;
  • Not in possession of drugs / controlled substance while actively carrying a concealed weapon;
  • Has not been adjudicated an incapacitated person in a guardianship proceeding;
  • Has not been committed to a mental institution under Florida State Statute, Chapter 394;
  • Has not had an adjudication of guilt withheld or imposition of sentence suspended on any felonyor one or more misdemeanor crimes of violence, unless three years have lapsed since probation or any other conditions set by court have been fulfilled or the record has been expunged;
  • Does not have current injunctions in force for domestic or repeat violence”

Back
Top Bottom