Have you Recruited/Converted a Stranger lately?

So I was having this conversation with a gentleman earlier tonight, we get to talking about Hunting etc. He used to hunt way back in the day...

Anyhow, I ask him if he's a gunowner/hunter presently. Says no. I tell him he should consider getting his LTC. (He lives in a Green Town)

He was Very Receptive to the Idea. So I explain the process, safety course, fees, yada yada. Felt real Good! [smile]

OTOH, I saw some dude use the copy of "The Outdoor Message" I left as a placemat! Gah! ([laugh][rolleyes][crying][shocked]

I work in Cambridge of all places... and most of the male cube-mates are very interested in coming shooting with me. I look forward to joining a club so I can take them somewhere other than Manchester to get them exposed.

These are Obama lovers at that... all it takes is a little exposure to something other than the main stream media and pop culture.

But there are always genuinely stupid people who will look at you like you are absolutely crazy for taking interest in owning "instruments of death".

I'm starting to work on my father, I am pretty sure it's going to take most of my pacients and a good month or 5... but I believe, if I can get him to like guns, then I can get ANYONE to be a gun person. Last conversation I had with him I was able to convince him (after about an hour) that an AWB would not keep AK's out of the terrorists hands...[crying]

Strangers? No. I've tried, though.

I have, however, "converted" a few people I already knew.

ditto.

Ive gotten more than a few at least out of the ban them all to the you can have them if you want camp.

Not strangers, we work on people we know, especially the people who are default antis. with a little work, a lot of them come around. One of them now goes shooting with us almost every time we go to the range, another is waiting on his LTC.

My wife is working on her co-workers, she and a fellow from her office shoot at lunch semi-regularly.

stranger no, but i have 1 friend in the process and 3 more who will likely get there license by the summer because of my way with words [grin]

Recently recruited my Daughter, Son-in-Law, wife, brother-in-law to take their class and apply for their LTC's. 3 in Seekonk, one in North Attleboro.

Working on another sister-in-law and husband now...hardcore libs.

Working also on, a sale rep for one of my distributers

I haven't recruited anyone yet, but recruitment and just having fun with friends is one of the main drivers of me wanting to get a diversified set of firearms (including EBRs).

i've recruited a few. within 4 months of me getting my LTC, 5 of my friends followed suit! all but one (Lord1234) got the Class A / no restrictions!

the most recent actually JUST got off the phone with me. called to ask some legality questions (guy @ a gunshop told her new glocks were totally illegal to own!). she'll be coming up my way in the next couple of week to try out a few of my toys, broaden her horizon a bit!

actually took my buddy James shooting for the first time this past wednesday night. he's hooked! going to look at his first pistol next week!

already got him to join GOAL and the NRA too :)

Strangers, no. But I do have my gf coming with my buddy and I to the range tomorrow. Plus, I was able to convince a friend of mine who hates guns to come shooting with me when she visits us from NYC. My friend at work wants to come with me after me having chatted his ear off about guns almost everyday. I'm working on my dad too.

What surprises me are the amount of people where if you break down their initial arguments against guns you can at least get them open to the idea that guns are a great way to protect yourself against people who wish to do you harm (most people seem to really have this simple barrier to guns most likely because of the anti-gun atmosphere a lot of people grow up around and the lack of thinking about guns on a daily basis).

I've been talking a lot lately about guns with people when I see an opening. People around me seem very interested....though less so when I try to philosophize and tear apart politics with them!!

My wife's family is from Japan. Once every two years they all fly over here and stay with us on the North Shore or in Key West. Her father and both of her brothers (in their late 40s) love nothing better than to shoot my guns. It is the only times in their lives that they have the chance. You can not imagine the joy on a Japanese guy's face when he first lights off a Colt Single-Action. It's the gun John Wayne used in all those American films they too have grown up on. We are very lucky in this country. These three men are my converts.....not that it helps much.

I'm working on getting a friend to the range, she says that she will once the weather is reasonable.

She likes taking long walks with another female friend and told me one day they were being followed by some guy. She turned around and faced him off . . . he turned tail and left. I told her that I admire her brass balls, but she should have some way to defend herself against someone who may not be deterred by her stern words. She's interested.

Well I didnt get strangers but I got my bro to get his IL FID card(all IL issues),and he bought for his first gun a AR15. I also talked me lil sis into getting her IL FID card and with her tax return she is getting a glock19 or xd9.

I try to convert them one at a time mostly friends,neighbors and a few relatives. The first time to the gun club I bring a variety of handguns. they usually offer money for ammo . I decline the first time and let them buy me breakfast. If they want to go again they have to help with the cost of ammo. After that it's time to take a course and join a club. Good friends and relatives take the course from me at just the cost of materials and ammo. I figure it should not have to cost me money. I am still working on my nephews wife she is a hard sell.

Back
Top Bottom