Hawkins .50 cal

Viper22

NES Member
A little background:

I graduated from Fitchburg State College in May of '09 with a B.S. in Engineering. For my graduation gift, my grandparents bought a St. Louis Hawkins rifle kit. The stock was unfinished, the metal in the white, and all parts needed to be fitted to the stock.

I have been slowly working on the kit since May. I blued the barrel and fasteners, polished all the brass, hand sanded the stock and finished it with half a dozen coats of Tung Oil. This week it all came together when the Williams FireSights came in.

Here's the finished product:

DSC01710.JPG

DSC01716.JPG

DSC01719.JPG

DSC016811.JPG

DSC01721.JPG

And lastly, thank you gram & gramp!!!

DSC01684.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet! How does the set-trigger feel?

And congratulations on getting your eng. degree! That degree was hard work but will ensure you'll never starve.

Sweet! How does the set-trigger feel?

And congratulations on getting your eng. degree! That degree was hard work but will ensure you'll never starve.

I haven't shot the gun yet, but it will definetly take some getting used to. The set trigger is the rear one, and the firing trigger is the front. The set trigger feels more natural to pull, with the firing trigger requiring a slight grip adjustment. The firing trigger is nice and light.

Back
Top Bottom