help selling a handgun in nh

if i am selling FTF.....do i still need a fa-10??do i just need a bill of sale??if so where can i get one???somebody help me out here!!!!

IANAL but my understanding is that for NH residents selling FTF, you don't need any form or bill of sale, but you should know that the person is not prohibited from owning a handgun. Usually this means you know them personally or they have a NH Pistol/Revolver License they can show you. Lacking personal knowledge or the Pistol License, you are taking a bit of a risk, because it's a big no-no to sell a gun to someone who is prohibited from having one.

With the mention of an FA-10, it sounds like a MA Resident asking about selling FTF to a NH Resident.

If so, that's worth 10 years in Federal Prison!!

Fed Law dictates NO INTERSTATE SALES/TRANSFERS of any gun unless an FFL is involved (sole exception is inheritance from dead people).

Some of us who have moved to NH have not bothered to get a NH license.

The reason he is asking is he has a M&P 40C for sale and wants to sell it to ME! He is also a refugee from MA like myself and new to the process

I missed the one that was for sale here last December by mere seconds!

If the sale goes through I'll be sending it to Greg for a trigger job. What sucks is I am in Marshfield all the time, but I don't have a MA non resident permit. and my MA permit went poof when I moved north. Hello UPS?

Some of us who have moved to NH have not bothered to get a NH license.

The reason he is asking is he has a M&P 40C for sale and wants to sell it to ME! He is also a refugee from MA like myself and new to the process

So you're both NH residents? Yeah, then there's no FA-10 needed, since that is a MA document and has nothing to do with NH or NH residents. Seller just checks the buyer's drivers license or other ID to make sure they're who they say they are, are really a NH resident, and are not a minor, and if you have no reason to believe they are a prohibited person, then just a bill of sale is fine. Here is a general bill of sale you can use. I'd include the make, model, caliber, condition, and serial number in the description of the goods sold.

Glockaholic said:
If the sale goes through I'll be sending it to Greg for a trigger job. What sucks is I am in Marshfield all the time, but I don't have a MA non resident permit. and my MA permit went poof when I moved north. Hello UPS?

Yeah, UPS would be the easiest solution.

With the mention of an FA-10, it sounds like a MA Resident asking about selling FTF to a NH Resident.

If so, that's worth 10 years in Federal Prison!!

Fed Law dictates NO INTERSTATE SALES/TRANSFERS of any gun unless an FFL is involved (sole exception is inheritance from dead people).

+1

ALL interstate sales (seller and buyer residents of different states) MUST go through a dealer at the seller's end. No ifs, ands or buts. Been that way since 1968.

Back
Top Bottom