• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here's how to NOT contact your politician

KBCraig

NES Member
Please don't just click a link that says, "Click here to contact your representative!"

I'm looking at you, GOA. I luv ya, but this is some serious BS.

"Dear c and Marine Resources (sic),

"Gun Owners of America has informed me..."

I have over 10,000 emails today with identical text, all about banning lead ammunition on certain federal lands. After about 500, I stopped looking at where they were from, but none were from my state, let alone my district.

I set a rule to mark them all read and move them to a new folder. They were coming so fast that I couldn't even use my personal email, and I didn't have a chance to see any actual constituent email.

The "Dear c and Marine resources" lead is identical to previous bulk emails from the entire country.

BTW, banning lead ammo on federal lands is a federal matter. There is no such bill in NH. Since we're in the off season, we don't have any pending legislation at all, but some jackass decided to spam every single email account associated with any state's fish/game/conservation committee.

Or just call the reps office and say "Can you please add 1 to the count of phone calls against bill HR556" as that is the only detail tracked where there is mass call in. The call taker will not take careful notes on what you said and relay them to the apparatachik but will report "X calls against and Y calls in support of S266".

Or just call the reps office and say "Can you please add 1 to the count of phone calls against bill HR556" as that is the only detail tracked where there is mass call in. The call taker will not take careful notes on what you said and relay them to the apparatachik but will report "X calls against and Y calls in support of S266".
NH reps don't have offices, nor staff.

Today when I got home from work, my "lead ammo ban" folder was up to 12,933 messages. The House chief of staff did send out an email informing everyone that he and General Court Technical Services had a conversation with GOA and their email service provider. The outcome: "Oops, maybe we should have filtered that a little more carefully."

I haven't had any more emails on that topic since early afternoon.

Today's update:

Good afternoon,

My name is Sarah Chapmon, Deputy Director of Administrative Services for Gun Owners of America (GOA).

GOA is very sorry for the e-mails you may have received about the proposed lead ammunition ban on federal lands.

In our system, one of our custom targets was incorrectly named. The custom target's name looked like it would contact a federal committee that we wanted to receive our message. However, the email addresses on the custom target were actually addresses for your committee in New Hampshire.

We apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience this may have caused. We do not expect this to happen again.

Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support of the Second Amendment.

I remember a few years back, Dan Ashe, the outgoing Obama appointed head of US Fish and Wildlife made a last minute rule to outlaw all lead ammo on federal land. It was under the guise of protecting the environment, but was just a back door hunting ban.
First thing Trump's appointee did was shitcan that rule.

Back
Top Bottom