Hi Point rifles?

IANAL but it has only one "evil" feature a pistol grip but can you buy 9mm ammo with an FID card? Years ago no LTC no pistol ammo

Thats another thing Im wondering about. I've heard that I could, but some retailers might not sell to under 21, (walmart for example).

It's only a LTC issue if you possess the "large capacity" mags for it. If there are none even made, this is not a problem.

It has only one "assault weapon" feature and you need two to qualify. Check the Large Capacity Roster, but I do not see a problem - other than it being a Hi Point, of course.....

If high capacity magazines are not readily available I don't think it would be a problem. I would call your local gun shop and see if they would sell or transfer one to you.

If high capacity magazines are not readily available I don't think it would be a problem. I would call your local gun shop and see if they would sell or transfer one to you.

Just sent off a email to the Ware Gun Shop. They're the nearest dealer listed from the mks website, so hopefully they will.

Has anybody seen any of the 995 carbines in any gunshops in western mass?

And kinda OT, but why can a FID holder own both a Ruger 10-22 and mini-14 when they can both accept highcap mags? I've heard its because ruger never equiped them with highcaps from the factory, but can anybody shed some light on that?

thanks

And kinda OT, but why can a FID holder own both a Ruger 10-22 and mini-14 when they can both accept highcap mags? I've heard its because ruger never equiped them with highcaps from the factory, but can anybody shed some light on that?

That is precisely why!

If you read the law, it's considered hi-cap ONLY if ONE of the following is true:

- It was EVER sold to the public with hi-cap mags, OR
- YOU possess a hi-cap mag for said gun.

Would you REALLY want more restrictions? There is hardly any mag-fed gun out there that "can't accept" hi-cap mags (ever see the 22rd 1911 mags at gun shows?). Thus, it would have been very easy for them to declare EVERY gun to be hi-cap, wouldn't it?

oar...i bought my 9mm hipoint with an fid card...and i believe collectors guns in stoneham had one last time i was there

i got mine shipped directly from a dealer out of state and had it transferred through an ffl here...i provided the ffl with an email from mks supply stating that there were never any hi cap mags made for the gun...i may still have the email if you want a copy of it if itll help you

oar...i bought my 9mm hipoint with an fid card...and i believe collectors guns in stoneham had one last time i was there

i got mine shipped directly from a dealer out of state and had it transferred through an ffl here...i provided the ffl with an email from mks supply stating that there were never any hi cap mags made for the gun...i may still have the email if you want a copy of it if itll help you

Cool thanks, pm inbound

That is precisely why!

If you read the law, it's considered hi-cap ONLY if ONE of the following is true:

- It was EVER sold to the public with hi-cap mags, OR
- YOU possess a hi-cap mag for said gun.

Would you REALLY want more restrictions? There is hardly any mag-fed gun out there that "can't accept" hi-cap mags (ever see the 22rd 1911 mags at gun shows?). Thus, it would have been very easy for them to declare EVERY gun to be hi-cap, wouldn't it?

There is a 50rd drum mag made for the 1911 seen it recently but don't kow who makes it

never said I wanted it or even if it were legal in Ma to own not very practical,unless you have one of the rifle conversions for the 1911 and I can't think of their name damn it.

never said I wanted it or even if it were legal in Ma to own not very practical,unless you have one of the rifle conversions for the 1911 and I can't think of their name damn it.

There was a snail drum for the 1911 produced for aircraft gunners back in WW I. For obvious reasons, it never went into serious production. Is that what you are thinking of?

no,this was very recently in the last 30 days was poking around the net and saw it looked to be made of plastic. Years ago in the late 70's I think Numrich Arms had a kit consisting of a 16' barrel shoulder stock with main spring housing and drum mag fo the 1911. Was made for an Arab millitary contract that they bailed on and they got them as surplus

Weird, my reply didn't "stick"!

I was only kidding. Lots of "devices" are made that have questionable practicality in real life. I'd love to see someone holster their 1911 with the 20+ rd mags sold at gun shows! [laugh]

There was a snail drum for the 1911 produced for aircraft gunners back in WW I. For obvious reasons, it never went into serious production. Is that what you are thinking of?

I don't know how much actual service that particular set-up saw, but before someone came up with the idea of mounting a machine gun on the aircraft (either on top of the trailing edge of the upper wing or behind the engine cowling), pilots used to shoot at each other with handguns. In that role a huge capacity magazine would have been advantageous. I recall seeing a picture ages ago of a 1911 with a large capacity single stack magazine and a brass catcher/cage like device fastened to it (presumably to keep the brass from being ejected back into the cockpit).

New production 1911 snail drum mags are available. Personally, I can't see much of a reason for buying one other than for the WOW/WTF?/novelty factor...

PROMAGDRUM-40RD-B.jpg

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=596

Back
Top Bottom