• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

High Power Rifle Clinic **Update 5-6-05**

Tony, it was a real pleasure meeting you and I also regret that we couldn't have more time to spend together. I certainly hope there will be some other times together.

The GOAL meeting was good, not spectacular. New location wasn't bad, just small (compared to the Best Western-Marlboro). Poor turnout for Annual Meeting (28 attendees), but probably 400+ for the banquet and short speech by Miss Massachusetts. Very tasteful tribute to our Armed Services started the Banquet with very nice movie and slide presentations.

I guess that I'll post the rest of info on GOAL meeting in a separate thread in some appropriate forum, so as not to hijack this thread.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a great time. I made an attempt to finish off the rest of the Becks last night, no dice. Melody woke me up on the couch at around 10:30pm.

I think the weekend of Drinking, late nights, early mornings, and cold/wet days on the ranges took it's toll on me.

LenS said:
Derek, did you give John Peyton info on joining us here?

I forgot to. I'll see him at the Presidents match this weekend. I will let him know then. Hopefully he will sign up. We could use his vast firearms knowledge.

derek said:
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a great time. I made an attempt to finish off the rest of the Becks last night, no dice. Melody woke me up on the couch at around 10:30pm.

I think the weekend of Drinking, late nights, early mornings, and cold/wet days on the ranges took it's toll on me.

It certainly kicked my ass. Those four hours in the rain and cold Saturday did me in. But, it was worth it.

That was a lot of Beck's to try to finish.

We were wondering what you guys were getting for weather. We had sprinkles off and on,no downpours,but around noon the wind kicked up and the temp dropped drastically.

BTW - Even though I thoroughly enjoyed myself over the weekend, it was really nice to take my morning coffee on the lanai in a pair of shorts and a golf shirt this morning.

MrsWildweasel said:
We were wondering what you guys were getting for weather. We had sprinkles off and on,no downpours,but around noon the wind kicked up and the temp dropped drastically.

I tell you what. Saturday was no joke. I've only once shot in worse weather once and that was at 5000 feet in Nevada. The weather Saturday was in the low 40's, winds well in the 30's, and solid rain. I froze my rear end off, unfortuneately I didn't freeze off enough of it.

It was horrid. With only a sweatshirt and shooting jacket I was very uncomfortable. My feet absolutely froze in my jungle boots. However, Derek and I were able to really work on a few things and I was able to really tighten up my 200 yard standing. We were shooting 10 shot strings at 50 yards on reduced targets. Also, Derek got Brent on a rifle for the first time and I was really impressed with what he turned out. Good job, Brent.

Sounds like you guys still had fun despite the weather. Sounds a bit like what I qualified in , in the Army minus the amount of wind.

That whole situation reminded me of the time we were supposed to qualify with the PD and the weather was similar (but much less wind) . . .

I called my Sgt and asked "are we still going to qualify in this miserable weather?". His response was that "if we ever have to use the firearm to defend ourselves/others, we don't get to pick the weather!"

After that I understood, and as Tony and Derek stated, when the National Matches are held, the event goes on regardless of the weather! Braintree is a pretty good place to shoot even in miserable weather, since the back is all latticed and there is a huge roof over the shooting pavilions, the walls on the sides of the ranges and the baffles offer excellent protection to the shooter.

The cold was biting! I was wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt under a jacket, no gloves and that cold wind was anything but pleasant.

I'm bummin that I didn't get a chance to meet you guys. As it turned out, I wouldn't have been able to make the shoot anyway....

Looks like we'll have to invade GA to see Tony. :D

Lynne said:
I'm bummin that I didn't get a chance to meet you guys. As it turned out, I wouldn't have been able to make the shoot anyway....

Looks like we'll have to invade GA to see Tony. :D

The weather is much nicer, trust me.

Tony,

It won't take much to have nicer weather than this past weekend!

No, it is not usually this bad in May! But nothing about the weather in the US/World seems to have been "usual" lately!

LenS said:
Tony,

It won't take much to have nicer weather than this past weekend!

No, it is not usually this bad in May! But nothing about the weather in the US/World seems to have been "usual" lately!

This is true. Just my typical luck to be up during a few bad days.

So to bring y'all around to the most *important* topic at hand here- when are we gonna reschedule this here shoot?? I know some people mighty anxious to try out highpower......... [wink]

ZainAnak said:
So to bring y'all around to the most *important* topic at hand here- when are we gonna reschedule this here shoot?? I know some people mighty anxious to try out highpower......... [wink]

I'll be meeting with John this weekend to discuss a new date. When I find out I will post the details here. Due to the schedule at Reading, it may be towards the end of the summer. :(

Back
Top Bottom