• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hillary Clinton, pro 2A but...

Go to hell. http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/hillary-clinton-gun-laws-are-way-out-of-balance-20140506

Hillary Clinton has mostly steered clear of contentious domestic political issues in recent years, but on Tuesday, she said gun laws need to be reined in.

Speaking at a National Council for Behavioral Health conference outside of Washington, Clinton was asked about the role guns play in suicides. While Clinton said she supports Second Amendment rights, she added that there needs to be a proper trade-off between safety and freedom, and that things have swung too far toward the latter.

"I think again we're way out of balance. We've got to rein in what has become almost an article of faith that almost anybody can have a gun anywhere at any time. And I don't believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people," she said.

She referred to recent high-profile incidents of minor disputes in movie theaters or parking lots that escalated into lethal shootings, saying, "That's what happens in the countries I've visited that have no rule of law."

She decried new laws proliferating across the country that allow people to carry weapons in churches, bars, and other public places, saying that they will only lead to more deadly violence that could otherwise be avoided. "At the rate we're going, we're going to have so many people with guns," she continued, "in settings where … [they] decide they have a perfect right to defend themselves against the gum chewer or the cell-phone talker."

When she ran for president in 2008, Clinton spoke about the need for "balance" in gun laws, but she has been able to avoid the issue since it dominated the national political debate after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in late 2012. She was secretary of State at the time of the massacre, a position that kept her out of domestic politics. Early last year, she became a private citizen and thus had no obligation to speak out on issues she chose not to address.

As president, her husband, Bill Clinton, fought hard to implement new gun-control laws in the 1990s, which, as Hillary Clinton acknowledged Tuesday, cost him politically.

At the conference of mental health professionals, Clinton also spoke personally about suicide, saying she has known several people who took their own lives. She referred, but not by name, to Vince Foster, the Clinton White House lawyer whose suicide sparked right-wing conspiracy theories, saying she wishes she and others around him had been better able to spot warning signs.

Clinton also chose to touch on another domestic political issue when she scrutinized conservatives' calls to cut taxes on the wealthy in the hopes of creating more jobs. "What's the evidence for that? Really?" she said, urging that the country employ a more empirical approach to public policy.

The former first lady also seemed to take a shot at tea-party Republicans, though she did not mention them by name. "Don't vote for someone who proudly says they will never compromise," she told the audience. And "don't give them any money. Find someone in your party who's reasonable ... who's not going to Washington proudly to destroy what our Founders built."

Clinton also spoke candidly and at length about what goes into a decision to run for office. She said there are real "costs" in terms of privacy that she is currently mulling. "Obviously I'm thinking about that right now," she said. "Stay tuned."

Yeah, they know what"s best for us. I am thinking, if we get to 2016, and she does get in, her only agenda, will be to end the 2nd Amd. If BO has"nt ended the country before then.

The former first lady also seemed to take a shot at tea-party Republicans, though she did not mention them by name. "Don't vote for someone who proudly says they will never compromise," she told the audience.

Soo, does that mean I should not vote for you or anybody in your party?

Last edited:
She should take her husband's advice:

Democrats risk further alienating Republicans by talking down to them about gun culture, Bill Clinton warned at a private meeting this weekend. "Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," Clinton warned.

He warned Democratic donors and financiers that their candidates would risk electoral defeat if they stand with Obama and back gun control.

Clinton then gave a laundry list of examples of how high-profile Democrats - himself included - got themselves tarred as anti-gun and alienated rural voters.

http://politix.topix.com/story/4213-clinton-to-democrats-dont-patronize-gun-owners

maybe her husband getting blown by a land beast in the white house is what hurt him politically?

Last edited:
"there needs to be a proper trade-off between safety and freedom, and that things have swung too far toward the latter."

WTF!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG!!! The stupidity and ignorance.....IT BURNS!!!!!

This country is doomed if she is ever elected pres.

Been doomed for a while now.

As president, her husband, Bill Clinton, fought hard to implement new gun-control laws in the 1990s, which, as Hillary Clinton acknowledged Tuesday, cost him politically.

Shouldn't this tell you that the vast majority of people do not support what he was trying to do?

Please Hillary just go away. We are sick of people like you who want to use your "superior intellect" to tell everyone else how to live.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

She is a Lying Commie Slut who will tell you what you want to hear. If that slut's mouth is moving she is LYING!!!!!!

This was forwarded to me:

Dick Morris, former political advisor to President Bill
Clinton , has written an analysis of the latest Bill Clinton TV
ad for his wife, presumably a candidate for President in 2016.
I hope everyone who receives this e-mail understands why it is being
sent, because we have already seen what damage a President can do by
suppressing the facts and twisting the truth; we don't need another
self-centered politician to follow on in those footsteps.

If you happen to see the Bill Clinton five minute TV ad for Hillary in
which he introduces the commercial by saying
He wants to share some things we may not know about Hillary's
background ...........beware, as I was there for most of their presidency and
know them better than just about anyone, I offer a few corrections:

Bill says:
"In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor."

The facts are:
Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent.
She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

Bill says:
"Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids."

The facts are:
Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party.
She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him.

Bill says:
"Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers."

The facts are:
She flunked the DC bar exam, yes, flunked, it is a matter of record, and only passed the Arkansas bar.
She had no job offers in Arkansas , none, and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at
Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there.
She did not join the prestigious Rose Law Firm until Bill became Arkansas Attorney General and was made a partner only after he was elected Arkansas Governor.

Bill says:
"President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its chairman."

The facts are:
The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy.
Hillary then became chairman in a coup in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

Bill says:
"She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital."

The facts are:
Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Wal-Mart board of directors, for a substantial fee.
She was silent about their labor and health care practices.
Bill says:
"Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create
the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance."

The facts are:
Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP.
It was included in the budget deal between Clinton & Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott.
I know; I helped to negotiate the deal.
The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement.
Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

Bill says:
"Hillary was the face of America all over the world."

The facts are:
Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so that Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories that
Hillary was running the White House.
Her visits abroad were entirely tourism and symbolic and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

Bill says:
"Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues."

The facts are:
Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only
four substantive pieces of legislation.
One set up a national park in Puerto Rico .
A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions.
And two were routine bills to aid 911 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation.

Share this with every female and democrat you know ... ask them to prove Dick Morris wrong.
Think about it - he's said all of this openly, thus if he were not factual or true he'd be liable for defamation of character.

"there needs to be a proper trade-off between safety and freedom, and that things have swung too far toward the latter."

Makes me think, "Rhymes with numb stunt". She needs to read up on a certain forefather's specific quote. Not knowing it, or knowing it and saying that makes me think such things.

Last edited:
I hope she wins

Me too. I also hope there is a complete ban on the private ownership of ANY firearm. Then people may wake up. They are trying to indoctrinate the kids now that guns are bad. How many of you tell your kids never to mention your guns in school? Like its a kiddy p0rn collection instead of a natural right.

I want it all to burn down so we can build it back the way its supposed to be.

Swing too far forward for freedom? Christ almighty, why doesn't she just come out and say she doesn't agree with freedom or the constitution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And "don't give them any money. Find someone in your party who's reasonable ... who's not going to Washington proudly to destroy what our Founders built."

Hello hypocrite holy mother of pearl. That cum dumpster needs her next load so her mouth stops spitting words out

Bill says:
"Hillary was the face of America all over the world."

And there you have it.
No need to waste another minute wondering why we have issues with the rest of the world.

You guys should be happy about this. When she says these things, she instantly loses at least 20% of voters, and probably another 10-20% when you add one or two other issues in. Unless she goes full bore for AWB, she doesn't get votes for this.

If she is the de facto Dem candidate, the Reps will really have to screw the pooch (I know - again!) to lose. Maybe a Cruz/Buchanan ticket. :p

Hillary and 2a rights?

come on...can u say those two things in the same sentence? Its like you caught your wife cheating on the tenth guy in a row, and she says "don't worry hunny, I just needed to get it out of my system--you can trust me now"

what do you guys mean? she's so reasonable and compromising. just a few more laws, then a few more, commonsense and all, then a few more because the first few weren't working. cmon, you have to compromise right? you can't be an extremist who doesn't compromise and stand for commonsense gun laws right?
I'm actually surprised she's appearing to be the defacto candidate. must be a shallow pool.

Back
Top Bottom