• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

History Channel is looking for the ultimate marksman!

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010.

For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

It will be interesting to see who they cast - People who can actually shoot or the loud mouth drama types. From what I've seen the History Channel puts out quality programs.

Is this going to turn into a "Circle JerK"? "Oh Johnny - You're the best" "Oh Billy - You need to enter Top-Gun" "I applied to be America's Top-Gun" Really, guys keep it in your pants - till you get that Screen Actor's Guild Card. Don't write checks - before the casting company screens you thru : the Casting, the Final Casting, the Filming, and the Airing.

ARLOVER'S Prediction: Nobody from NES will make it onto the Show! Take it to the bank! Ok some of you are good with small segments of the shooting sports, but few have the well-rounded background of all shooting sports segments. And few have the Law Enforcement or Military enablers. And few have the "character traits" which are interesting to the TV audience.

PS: MIKE-MIKE, Everybody that calls the casting company, gets mailed an application. Not to player hate, but YOU KNOW EVERYBODY gets mailed an APPLICATION. Don't You? Further, You're not realy "Entered" by merely making a phone call. I Know somebody that did "Survivor", he didn't get "Entered" by making a phone call. Anyway, complete the steps, maybe you'll get lucky.

Last edited:
Superego.... I mean Supermoto.....I speak the truth. Sorry, if you guys want to inflate the obvious. I'll buy dinner in Waltham, for anyone that gets on the show, that is an NES Member. For those that apply and don't make it, I'll meet you between that haze of delusional thinking and the smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
Superego... cute and true. One thing I'm not is modest when it comes to shooting handguns. But there are some very good shooters on this board, I would not be surprised if one got the call. We have world record holders, olympic and nationaly ranked shooters on NES

Yes, Supermoto makes my point...good shooters in small segments of the sport.

Supermoto: Confident in Handgun skills, Do you have Machinegun skills? Blackpowder skills? Trap/skeet skills? Rifle skills? Long-range skills (600 yd minimum)? Trick-shooting skills? .50 cal skills?

Is your HG shooting 1 handed or 2? Is it Action or Bullseye? Are you excellent at hitting a one inch "X" Ring at 50 yds with one hand or just excellent knocking down human size steel plates with 2 hands?

I gather "TOP-GUN" is more than ONE Discipline.

BTW, I have been in Gary Anderson's home (Ohio) had dinner and drink with him and his wife Ruth. He is an all-time GREAT Shooter and a Hall of Famer. If you didn't know his accomplishments, you'd swear he's a corn farmer. He would be a candidate for the TV show, even in his elder years.

Last edited:
Oh I'm a one trick pony, If its not some sort of action (handgun, rifle or shotgun) shooting. I won't do well. That's why I'm not signing up. But I'm also not going to make fun of those that want to try

Well, aren't you the douchebag.

I have to agree.
If Mike-Mike decides he should apply - good for him
All Mike-Mike said was "I entered and they called me. They forwarded me an application and I have to make a video and send it in."

As far as applying - I read it that one needs to have mastered A FIREARM:

QUOTE:"It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

PMD, You might want to RE-Read:

QUOTE "The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. "

NOTE TO SELF: "Multiple Guns and Mystery Projectile Weapons"

NOTE to Casting Director: No one trick ponies need apply

Last edited:
:EDIT: I decided to remove my comment so as to not encourage stupidity in this thread...

Last edited:
Is this going to turn into a "Circle JerK"? "Oh Johnny - You're the best" "Oh Billy - You need to enter Top-Gun" "I applied to be America's Top-Gun" Really, guys keep it in your pants - till you get that Screen Actor's Guild Card. Don't write checks - before the casting company screens you thru : the Casting, the Final Casting, the Filming, and the Airing.

ARLOVER'S Prediction: Nobody from NES will make it onto the Show! Take it to the bank! Ok some of you are good with small segments of the shooting sports, but few have the well-rounded background of all shooting sports segments. And few have the Law Enforcement or Military enablers. And few have the "character traits" which are interesting to the TV audience.

PS: MIKE-MIKE, Everybody that calls the casting company, gets mailed an application. Not to player hate, but YOU KNOW EVERYBODY gets mailed an APPLICATION. Don't You? Further, You're not realy "Entered" by merely making a phone call. I Know somebody that did "Survivor", he didn't get "Entered" by making a phone call. Anyway, complete the steps, maybe you'll get lucky.

first of all, did you ever stop to think that mabey people will try out for this show just for the fun of it, and who knows mabey they could get in, atleast they can say they tried
second, have you met every single member of nes and seen them shoot, who are you to say that no one here will make it

if the thought of someone trying out for this show offends you so much than do the rest of us a favor and ignor this thread and get lost

QUOTE "The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. "

I have a feeling they want more personality than talent.

Back
Top Bottom