Holbrook gun show coming up in March

Saw the guys from the Holbrook sportsmans club at Marlborough gun show. They are having a gun show in March. I think the third weekend. I'll find out for sure and post the dates.

From what I've seen with flyers, March is a gun show every week month with a new one at Fitchburg.

I'll probably make Fitchburg and Wilmington and pass up Springfield because its just too far.

From what I've seen with flyers, March is a gun show every week month with a new one at Fitchburg.

I'll probably make Fitchburg and Wilmington and pass up Springfield because its just too far.

Yeah, I've had about enough paying for parking IN ADDITION to the entry fee at Springfield. I know Wilmington parking is free, and I would think Fitchburg will be, as well.

Holbrook is usually a good show. It's a small club show and they hand pick the dealers so you don't have the beef jerky guys and other junk. plus parking is free.

Should be a good turn out. The ammo guy that goes said 223 is going to be up around $500 per thousand rounds..........OUCH[sad]

Just heard from a friend it's not worth going. He's there right now. Said the selection is terrible compared to shriners and it's less than half the size.

Just came from there. Not much there in the way of guns IMHO. I did find some 45ACP hollow points there which I bought. I'm embarassed to say what I paid for it, but I haven't been able to find any.

holbrook gun show

what a waste of $7.00-should be called holbrook junk market with 3 gun tables to view. maybe they should stick to one show per year. prices were way out of control on ammo and firearms also. marlboro and shriners(wilmington) were def. worth the trip! [frown]

Show

I worked the show today and it was packed by 12 non. Prices are high but that is the way of the world right now. If you are just realizing it welcome back from your coma[rofl].
The selection is very limited because dealers can not buy anything!!! All of the distributors laugh when you call to order anything. Ammo is way out of sight. Even Dicks upped their prices. Also march is GUN SHOW month. It simply depletes inventory. Remember the dealers are small business owners and wont have the huge selection of the chain stores.

Holbrook has never been a BIG show mostly due to the space. I look forward to seeing folks and having lunch.

One very good thing was the GOAL web site folks were there and the Holbrook club set up a lap top with none other than NES as a site to visit.

Hey its a good reason to get out of the house at least.

some decent bargains...

Privi brass ammo in 223 was $395/1000 or $80 for battle packs of 200.

Saw a nice 'A' series S&W Model 41 with two mags for $520 also a S&W Model 422 in blue for $225.

The vendor outside had some nice military surplus storage stuff..there was a nice lockable case that was designed to hold 14 AR's for $160

There are several dealers there. Friend bought a new Marlin bolt 30-06. I bought a case of 5.56 NATO, some other ammo, some reloads.

Not as much ammo for some calibers. One guy upstairs lot of camo and other items.

Dana

I was there when it opened yesterday. First show I have been to in almost 10 years, I swear I saw some of the same guys trying to sell the same crap from 10 years ago.

I did buy some .45 ammo from M&M that even factoring in the $7 to get in wasn't a bad deal.

i picked up this fun 22. plinker,i was nervous about it working well but you know what,its awesome
Img0484.jpg

it was made in italy by jager about 30 years ago.i am in the process of learning about it,thanks to google.i picked up a new firing pin on gun broker,i guess the point wears out and parts are hard to come by,mags are expensive if i could find one but it came with a 15 rounder.overall its clean and shoots pretty good.it likes the shorter 22 long rounds,cci rounds that have the waxy coating on the bullit get hung up in the mag so ive got to pick up some more remington.

What?
No Jerky Guy?
Glad I didn't go.
That's half the reason to go to a gun show in the first place [wink]

+2 The guy (and Wife) are two of us! They offer a quality product . . . that's my lunch at the gun shows. And it's not like there are 4-5 jerky dealers at the show. I look at it as my "concession stand" at the gun show. I never even look at the menu/food actually sold at the gun shows.

Back
Top Bottom