Holster I just ordered. - Got it! Very good.

I jsut ordered one of these sort of on a whim after random googling turned up really positive reviews. Why the crap am I posting this you ask? I'll tell you: because it's an IWB/OWB, and I've never seen that before. That makes the price about 1/2 in my mind, as I only need one holster to do the job of two. Great deal to me, assuming I love it as much as others seem to.

I also post this because he is having a sale right now that ends NY's eve, in case anyone wanted one.

http://www.kdholsters.com

I ordered the Thunderbird defender. I'll review it when I get it in the mail. Based on other reviews though I'm sure it will be very functional and high quality.

I've been a fan of Kevin Manley's holsters for some time now. You will not be disappointed.

And if you ordered it for an M&P or 226, I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable price if you don't like it.

I've been a fan of Kevin Manley's holsters for some time now. You will not be disappointed.

And if you ordered it for an M&P or 226, I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable price if you don't like it.

It's for an M&P 9c. If I do not like I will let you know, but I bet I will.

The lead time for the holster is 8 to 10 weeks? Or was that for the customization of the holster?

Seems normal for high end holsters. I'm a patient man, OK, that's crap, but I can wait, I'll use the uncle mikes until then.

I've been eyeing one of those for a while now, although between an existing holster that's "good enough," their new quota ordering system, and still wanting to try a Crossbreed, I haven't ordered one. Definitely interested in how you like it.

I've been eyeing one of those for a while now, although between an existing holster that's "good enough," their new quota ordering system, and still wanting to try a Crossbreed, I haven't ordered one. Definitely interested in how you like it.

See, I was about to buy a different one, found this one via google, and decided to go all out. I'm expecting it will be great. I'm using an uncle mikes right now, which I do not like.

Just to whet your appetite, some pics of my Cochise Defenders from Kevin. These are the older model and basically a Thunderbird without the OWB belt slots.

MPCochiseDefender.jpg

P1010022.jpg

Got my holster today from the post office.

So far

Very comfortable. It's smaller than you'd think.
Workmanship appears top notch, I'm expecting it will hold up for quite a long time.
Retention is excellent, there is a noticeable "snap" when holstering the firearm.
Re-holstering is very easy, the leather fits the m&p 9c very exactly and does not collapse at all when being worn. I'll update this in a year to see if it's still the case, but I expect it will be due tothe workmanship.
I have not tried it OWB yet but the slots are self explanatory.
All in all, having just got the holster, I am very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom