Holy crap, I can see the sights again.

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Bought a set of "EYEPAL, pin hole sighting system at the Fitchburg show.

I've used similar devices in the past, with adjustable apertures. These new 'eye pal' discs are made of a material I can only describe as what "Color Forms" used to be made out of, a thin flexible plastic that sticks to your glass with no suction or adhesive.

Put one on, and see the rear sight, front sight and target in total focus on all three planes.

Put one on each lens, and shoot with two eyes open and you get a stereo binocular effect, and everything from the rear sight to infinity becomes sharp as a tack. it doesn't prevent you from keeping a three dimensional view of your targets, and you can leave them on your glasses at the range (Or shooting glasses for those who don't wear corrective lenses) and you still have peripheral sight and binocular (1 image through two lenses in register) vision.

The inventor, Charles Summers from Acton, MA makes stick on "eye pals" for rifles too, that seemingly changes the optics so the front sight of a rifle, rear sight and target all come into focus,

For less than $20, you get two discs in a contact lens holder case. Two Pistol, two rifle, or one of each.

check out www.eyepalusa.com

They do work. I could never shoot open sights without them. When you use them indoors they can be a little fuzzy if the lighting isn't strong enough though.

If you think you need 'em get some. You'll be glad you did.

I tried these at the Marlboro show, both the pistol and the rifle ones and bought a pair (one of each). I was surprised at how well they worked.

The EYEPAL is incredible!!! I also bought some at the fitchburg gun show. I've been to the range twice shooting a glock 26, kahr pm9 and a sw 1911PD and my accuracy has improved greatly. These eyepal pin holes are awesome. I used to need reading glasses to see my sights...but the target was blurry. I now shoot with just safety glasses and see both sights and target perfectly!!!

I take it that the purpose is competitive shooting, targets, etc.

I've never thought they'd be much use for my purposes, since I doubt I'd have them in place in a defensive shooting situation.

Targets or competition, I could see them being useful.

I take it that the purpose is competitive shooting, targets, etc.

I've never thought they'd be much use for my purposes, since I doubt I'd have them in place in a defensive shooting situation.

Targets or competition, I could see them being useful.

For me it's just the fun of using open sights, especially with some of these old milsurp rifles with kind of crude open sights, and aperture sights. It's just fun.

Back
Top Bottom