• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to Remove a Mark IV 22/45 Barrel

Broc

NES Member
Hi,

Cerakoting the gun. I can't find a thread or video showing how to remove the barrel. Every thread I come across online asks "why do you want to do it?" instead of offering an answer.

I need a hand finding a file, video or post somewhere thst explains this.

The barrel has some holes, looks like for a tool.

20240215_164521.jpg

20240215_164513.jpg

After additional research, maybe it cant be easily removed.

I don't think part 19 can be removed.

1708036095597.png

Last edited:
Taking it apart is easy. Putting it back together is the reason most folks never take it apart again.
Good luck. I had mine apart once for a cleaning. Once was enough for me. It took a rubber mallet and a fair amount of foul language. [rolleyes]

From what I understand, Ruger thermally fits the barrel to the receiver. Kind of an interference fit, but with threads added into the mix.

It might be technically possible to separate them…

OFFS, He is asking about breaking down the barrel, not field stripping for a simple cleaning which is also pretty simple once you know what you are doing.

The Mark 4 breaks down and reassembles differently than the Standard - Mark 3 series and does not involve lining us the hammer spur as those pistols do. Once you understand the relationship of the hammer & spur reassembly of those pistols is fairly straight forward as well.

Any Ruger .22 owners that would like to be shown, I will be happy to help.

Taking it apart is easy. Putting it back together is the reason most folks never take it apart again.
Good luck. I had mine apart once for a cleaning. Once was enough for me. It took a rubber mallet and a fair amount of foul language. [rolleyes]
The gun is already taken apart.

I was asking about removing the barrel. We will mask the barrel. No way to easily remove it.

The Mark IV 22/45 LITE doesn't have that many parts. It is not as bad as it seems.
I also replaced all the internals with TK and VQ parts which reduced the part count. Ruger has too much junk in there from factory.

Back
Top Bottom