How to transfer a shotgun from MA to NY

Hi Guys -

I'm looking for instructions / regulations for how to transfer a shotgun from MA to NY. I currently own a SG that I want to give to a friend who lives in NY.

Thanks!!

NO! you are then violating Federal law. you could bring it to NY and hand it to a NY FFL and then he will do the transfer and it is legal.
It is the Interstate transfer that is the issue. If he had a mass FID(in this case Non- res LTC) he could come to ma and your FFL holder could do the transfer.

it is only instate transfers the federal transfer doesn't apply. (both parties being residents of the same state.

Theres no permit or license required for shotguns and rifles in NY (except NYC). Technically, you could drive it to him and hand it right over.

Theres no permit or license required for shotguns and rifles in NY (except NYC). Technically, you could drive it to him and hand it right over.

"Technically," following your asinine assertion would constitute a felony under Federal law.

Note also that this forum has a section for legal questions, which is where this post belongs.

Back
Top Bottom