How'd you do this year?

ccm75

NES Member
I spent 4 great days in the field in upstate NY this year. Some good tree stand time and some still hunting in some nice sunny wood lots. Saw plenty of deer but came home empty handed. Passed on a spike the first afternoon, had a stand off at 50 yards with a nice buck in an afternoon still hunt, but no shot! Passed on a big doe as well. (still have meat in freezer from last year) Been many years since I came home empty handed but I could care less, had a great time!

Usually take a few stocked pheasants from the WMA around here, but this year didnt get out too much and no shots fired. My dog is still mad at me!

Not too many hunting posts lately....

No deer for me this year, but I did find a nice new spot with so much sign it looked like a stampede! Got a couple birds, a few squirrels, and a bunch of chipmunks.

Only hunted deer during shotgun and primitive seasons. Lots of sign but no deer. It was nice just being in the woods. My brother made it out once with me during primitive. It was great to be out with him.

I dont deer-hunt anymore. Too many peckerheads with guns in the woods now. Deer season in New England has become a testosterone-charged contest more than a sporting way to put some meat on the table.

I don't need the meat. I grew up with a deer rifle in my hand, and have bagged my limit many many years so I got the skills if we ever get back to the times we need a deer every month to feed ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom