How's this for a gun club !

I've actually been there when visiting Colorado Springs. They have or can buy everything, but the prices are not cheap at all, even by our Mass standards.
Plus I am not a big fan of indoor ranges.

I don't know what other clubs cost in mass but I pay $100 a year for both myself and my wife (indoor range 24/7, outdoor rifle, pistol and bow). We are out in western mass and the facilities are definitly not like this place but I am not usually there long enough to enjoy them anyways. Is it a lot more out towards Boston?

"Whistling Pines"... sounds like a nudist colony (not that there's anything wrong with that [smile] ).

Only 1 indoor range and no outdoor range?!? [thinking]

The members are probably concerned about getting dirt and dust on their Salvatore Ferragamo shoes.

Last edited:
The price would not be so objectionable if they actually had some outdoor
facilities as well. I like the whole air circulation idea, etc.

And they also don't say whether its 24 hr access or not. Which to me is
almost a "must have" for that kind of money.

-Mike

Looks like an unusually large building for just that little range. I was expecting a 200 yard indoor rifle range or something.

Me too. Or multiple pistol ranges.

Ideal would be to have some indoor action shooting ranges with an elevated observation deck behind glass to watch from. It would be great for families that want to observe, but don't want to bring very little kids to the range.

I like the idea of a place you could go with the family and the family could be comfortable. Most ranges are not very inviting places, particularly indoor ranges. If there was a range where my wife could hang out in a coffee shop while I was shooting, I might actually get my wife to go shooting occasionally!

Matt

-Mike

Located on the home page
Hours:

Sunday: 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Monday: closed.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.

The price would not be so objectionable if they actually had some outdoor
facilities as well. I like the whole air circulation idea, etc.

-Mike
Commercial ranges that have a shop are rarely if ever self-serve - there is both the security issue with regards to the attached shop, control of the customers, and monitoring of safety. The dynamics of self-serve work much better in a non-profit, member owned, operation.

I went there with a friend of mine, who lives in the area. They looked a bit... I dunno, arrogant. Nice people, but a bit full of themselves. Building is very spacey, but the range is somewhat small. Their amenities are luxurious, not my kind of thing. They are not 24-hr open and you need a range master to be present to shoot. BTW, my friend is not a member there either, although he is an avid hunter.

Last edited:
If there was one around here it would be my new club. [smile] Prices dont seem that bad when you figure what you spend on most outdoor shitbox ranges.

Back
Top Bottom