Humbled by LCR

Just got back from the maiden voyage with my new Ruger LCR. I was able to put 100 rounds through it before the Horse Flies drove me away.
Even with the Crimson Trace, my shots were very inconsistant. I put 3 in the center of the target, the rest were high, low, left or right. Even my inconsistancy was inconsistant [rofl]
Needless to say, I need a huge amount of practice before I would ever dare to carry this gun for protection.

Overall, I like the gun. Owner needs work

Last edited:
I'm the same with my S&W 60 J frame. I only carry it if I can't carry anything bigger... and even then... I know that it's a gun I will only use at a target 3 yards or closer. Any farther away and I know I'd just be firing "warning" shots! [smile]

Don't feel bad - I'm the same way with my P3AT. It's really a 10 foot - or less- gun...

How's the recoil on that bad Larry? I've got a S&W model 360PD (.357 Magnum) that's about the same weight, and the recoil is pretty significant IMHO.

Well you most likely got a lemon there - I can take it off your hands for a little under $100 so atleast you get something back for it :)

Back
Top Bottom