I broke the law the other day

you don't know how happy this thread is making feel about my decision to get the hell out of Mass 6 years ago.

[mg] [banana]
[puke][rules]

where I work no firearms,cases etc. We have random searches of vehicles usually when leaving one of the guys I work with was stopped and car searched guard found a 12 ga shotgun shell in
he well of the spare tire he was read the riot act he missed it when he cleaned out the trunk after hunting honest mistake.
Head of security and the union played lets make a deal he lost a days pay,but he informed them that he could have had the guard ARRESTED for handling the shell without an FID/LTC
which is why IMHO he lost 1 days pay rather than a 3-5 day suspension. And yes some of the guards are that anal

The first time that ever happened to me would be the last - I'd be out the door so fast it'd make their heads spin. And if I was your friend, I'd definitely have held out for NO pay lost. I mean, really - they're fining him for having a LEGAL item in his car? He's broken NO laws but a company policy?

I'd say that I'd start boycotting GE products, but I don't buy them anyway. (Sorry, pal, but it's the truth... I don't think I own ANYTHING made by GE!)

True, most won't sell ANY components to MA.

I even know of a gun club where they used to collect and sell the scrap brass to a metals salvage company and use the money to fund their Juniors program. After the 1998 law passed, the salvage company (in the Brockton area) refused any more ammo components as they were worried about the legal implications of possessing the brass without all employees having LTCs! I shit you not!

Funny, the EarthDay program at a local school had no problem with the kids collecting brass in big barrels.

General Electric.Oddly they only search going out never in.

yeah 'cause if they searched your car going in, they'd either make you late for your shift, or (most likely) the union would make them pay you if it went past your starting time.

searching on the wy out only makes you late for dinner. [rolleyes]

yeah 'cause if they searched your car going in, they'd either make you late for your shift, or (most likely) the union would make them pay you if it went past your starting time.

searching on the wy out only makes you late for dinner. [rolleyes]

A decent union would make sure that any time the spend searching your car or that you sit in line waiting to be searched was on the clock, regardless of whether it was before or after your supposed beginning or end of shift. You're on company property doing something that the company mandates, then you're working and deserve pay.

Ken

Coyote, it was the salvage company that got "antsy" with the new (1998) law and decided not to chance it. They had been buying used brass for at least 20 years from the club prior to this. It's a shame for a few reasons:

- That club was always dirt poor and this allowed them to fund Junior Rifle at no cost to the club or kids. They used to run 1 or 2 monthly NRA pistol matches with as many as 80 shooters, so they collected a LOT of brass!

- End result is more landfill somewhere, instead of recycling the metal products.

The first time that ever happened to me would be the last - I'd be out the door so fast it'd make their heads spin. And if I was your friend, I'd definitely have held out for NO pay lost. I mean, really - they're fining him for having a LEGAL item in his car? He's broken NO laws but a company policy?

I'd say that I'd start boycotting GE products, but I don't buy them anyway. (Sorry, pal, but it's the truth... I don't think I own ANYTHING made by GE!)
My plant works primarily on military engines some commercial so unless you take a train...no that won't work we make diesel electric engines. GE is so intertwined in so many things that boycotting them would be near impossible.
Since we do a lot of military work they can search your car part of the deal with the Pentagon. We had a vendor stealing very expensive casting a few years ago he was selling them as scrap and making a good living at it
til he got caught leaving the plant with a few in his truck

Interesting... I don't believe that my wife's company (Draper Labs) searches their employees' cars - and they do an awful lot of military work, too.

Back
Top Bottom