I love Smith and Wesson

I bought a 5" 1911 from Four Season a few weeks ago and i thought it may have an issue feeding rounds.

I called em up, they mailed me a UPS overnight shipping label and off it went.

I received it back today (2 weeks and 2 days) with a bunch of parts replaced and they sent me a free magazine as well.

Talk about great service. Shipping and replacement parts for free...and a free magazine.

I carry several S&Ws (4516, 6906, and 5906) and have shot them a lot between practice and IPSC matches. Several parts have broken and S&W has repaired or replaced all with no questions asked.

In a moment of weakness, I bought a Para LDA Carry Model in .45 ACP. The slide cracked after 200 rounds or so. Para's response was a chilling "Let us take a look at it and we will see if we will replace the slide". To their credit, they did replace the slide, but it cost me $60.00 in shipping. I consider this outrageous when the pistol cost me almost $900, and I am worried that they might not replace the slide should it fail again. I am replacing the Para with an M&P .45 Compact when they come out.

For competition and occasional carry, I use 1911s and clones that I build and maintain myself. For everything else, I try to use S&W; their customer service is the best!

I carry several S&Ws (4516, 6906, and 5906) and have shot them a lot between practice and IPSC matches. Several parts have broken and S&W has repaired or replaced all with no questions asked.

In a moment of weakness, I bought a Para LDA Carry Model in .45 ACP. The slide cracked after 200 rounds or so. Para's response was a chilling "Let us take a look at it and we will see if we will replace the slide". To their credit, they did replace the slide, but it cost me $60.00 in shipping. I consider this outrageous when the pistol cost me almost $900, and I am worried that they might not replace the slide should it fail again. I am replacing the Para with an M&P .45 Compact when they come out.

For competition and occasional carry, I use 1911s and clones that I build and maintain myself. For everything else, I try to use S&W; their customer service is the best!

You don't find in IPSC matches that your magazines are somewhat lacking in capacity?

Someone told me that for IPSC, you really want to use a double stack like from Para.

You don't find in IPSC matches that your magazines are somewhat lacking in capacity?

Someone told me that for IPSC, you really want to use a double stack like from Para.

There are several divisions, several of which have specific capacity limits. In the US flavor, there is Limited 10 (10 round limit), Single Stack (8 rounds), and production (10), revolver (6) plus Limited (max mag length 140mm, no round limit) and Open (max mag length 170mm, no round limit).

There are several divisions, several of which have specific capacity limits. In the US flavor, there is Limited 10 (10 round limit), Single Stack (8 rounds), and production (10), revolver (6) plus Limited (max mag length 140mm, no round limit) and Open (max mag length 170mm, no round limit).

Ah...ok thanks.
I'm trying to get into that when I have some more time.

Back
Top Bottom