I shot my 12 gauge shotgun today!

J

JellyFish

Took it down to AFS after I left the state park in Foxboro. Had a blast with it. Kick wasn't bad at all. That's the first time I shot it and it was a hoot!

Now to find me some squirrels... [smile]

Try shooting a few deer slugs down range and let me know how the kick is. The first time I shot my shotgun I shot deer slug and my shoulder hurt for days.

Congrats Jelly! What did you end up getting? A Mossberg?

Everyone should have a 12 gauge. In fact, if I had to pick only one weapon, it would be a 12 gauge shotgun. I have 4 - a Saiga 12 (my current favorite), a Norinco 97 Trench gun, a Mossberg 500, and a Rossi exposed hammer SxS coach gun.

Try shooting a few deer slugs down range and let me know how the kick is. The first time I shot my shotgun I shot deer slug and my shoulder hurt for days.

Slugs aren't that bad. I shot about 50 of them on Saturday. What really killed me was the 3" Magnum 00 buckshot. Because of those, I have a purple and black map of the Phillipines on my shoulder right now.

Hmmm...I didn't bother with slugs as I'm not hunting deer for a while. I just used the stuff that the guy gave me, I think it was 00.

I got a Remingon 870 Magnum Express Combo Eddie.

Congrats Jelly! What did you end up getting? A Mossberg?

Everyone should have a 12 gauge. In fact, if I had to pick only one weapon, it would be a 12 gauge shotgun. I have 4 - a Saiga 12 (my current favorite), a Norinco 97 Trench gun, a Mossberg 500, and a Rossi exposed hammer SxS coach gun.

Slugs aren't that bad. I shot about 50 of them on Saturday. What really killed me was the 3" Magnum 00 buckshot. Because of those, I have a purple and black map of the Phillipines on my shoulder right now.

Terry Goode from Collectors in NH had a trench gun copy at one of the MA. gun shows a while back. $300 I think was the price. I was real close to buying it that day but never did. That gun has a bayonet lug on it and can't be sent into MA. for that reason by places that sell them. I never asked if and why the one Terry was selling was ok or not. [hmmm]
Damn lousy Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban![angry] I gotta think if someone ran amuck with a trench gun copy, the last thing they'd be thinking was how many people the could skewer by attaching a bayonet to the friggin thing.

As for slugs and shotguns... try using them in a Mossberg 500 pistol grip Cruiser model. I can only do about 15 before it starts to get to me.

I got a Remingon 870 Magnum Express Combo Eddie.

Good choice.

The 870, along with the Mossberg 500 are a couple of the most versatile and reliable 12's you can get. Truly a "lifetime" gun. My first "real" gun was a Mossberg 500 combo that I bought at Service Merchandise in 1981. I still have it.

Yeah, I looked at the mossberg's too. Seem like very good guns too.

Man, I would not want to get shot with a shotgun though. NASTY!!!

i got a 870 express synthetic with a 18" barrel, itll get the extended mag tub sometime this week.

Terry Goode from Collectors in NH had a trench gun copy at one of the MA. gun shows a while back. $300 I think was the price. I was real close to buying it that day but never did. That gun has a bayonet lug on it and can't be sent into MA. for that reason by places that sell them. I never asked if and why the one Terry was selling was ok or not. [hmmm]
Damn lousy Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban![angry] I gotta think if someone ran amuck with a trench gun copy, the last thing they'd be thinking was how many people the could skewer by attaching a bayonet to the friggin thing.

As for slugs and shotguns... try using them in a Mossberg 500 pistol grip Cruiser model. I can only do about 15 before it starts to get to me.

You sure about that? I've seen the Mossbergs with bayonet lugs for sale new here, and of course every milsurp rifle around has a bayo lug. Pump action shotguns don't fall under AWB if I remember correctly, nor are they ever considered large capacity.

You sure about that? I've seen the Mossbergs with bayonet lugs for sale new here, and of course every milsurp rifle around has a bayo lug. Pump action shotguns don't fall under AWB if I remember correctly, nor are they ever considered large capacity.

I know the originals are ok because they're pre 10/98 but these are newly made copies of the old WW2 Trench Gun. I'll post in the laws section and hopefully someone there will know.

C.140 S121

Provided, however, the term assault weapon shall not include

(ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;

Back
Top Bottom