I want to buy a machine gun. Now what?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I have a green card, I have cash, and I found a machine gun online that I'd like to buy.

How does the process work now? Do I have to pay the guy before I get the paperwork rolling? Where do I get the necessary forms?

Do I have to pay the guy before I get the paperwork rolling?
This is negotiable between the buyer and seller, though most sellers appear to operate on the principle of "I will not trust you, but you must trust me, since I have the machine gun".

Send your money to a trust account, and when it arrives, the trustee will notify the seller to send the gun to your FFL.
The trick is picking a trustee, and agreeing on who is in control of the funds... unless you go to the lengths to set up a trust where the funds cannot be transferred without mutual agreement or a court order, one of the two parties has very limited if any protection.

I can just imagine the special reloads he will make up for this acquisition.

I wonder if he is going to hire some outsourced elves to run the press and dies to keep him in ammo?

I have a green card, I have cash, and I found a machine gun online that I'd like to buy.

How does the process work now? Do I have to pay the guy before I get the paperwork rolling? Where do I get the necessary forms?

Well since one-eyed jack seems happy to walk you through it give him a call but I give a quick answer to your questions...

First off find out who the seller is and do as much research as you can to make sure they are reputable (assuming they are far away and you do this whole deal by phone/email and don't actually go see them). Then contact them and work out the terms of the sale, 100% down is not uncommon, but also 50% now 50% upond approval of forms isn't uncommon either, BUT do not send any $$$ until the sell sends/faxes you a copy of the ATF form showing they own the gun. Then yeah send $$$, I admit the first time you send some one you never met $xx,xxx for a gun you think they have, it can be scary, but after you do it a few times it you take your chances to play the game (you can try some sort of trust account if you want, but that sounds like a PITA to me). As for the forms I use danbrews adobe forms off www.titleii.com (just remember to flip the paper so the form is 1 page not 2, but if your seller is a dealer they will probably do the forms for you...that in a nutshell is a simplified explanation of what you need to do...

Back
Top Bottom