If LTC's were public record in MA and a newspaper published your name

A group in FL did that too after a paper published an entire county's list of CCW holders.

They claimed it was justified until the publisher, editor, author started getting "personal attention" about it.

Many names published were of women who were trying to hide from abusive exs, prominent people who did not like the spotlight, etc. [FL law hid info on anyone in law enforcement, even NRs with CCW . . . I checked with them after that list was published and was reassured that my info was coded properly as LE.]

Net result is that "the legislature saw the light" and changed the law to make ALL such info confidential in FL.

Ask these same people who are so anxious to publish the names of CCW holders
(under the guise of "public record"), if they would be that enthusiastic about publishing the names of AIDS patients?

Simplify by only listing patients that are being treated and/or cared for with "public" money/tax dollars.

Ask these same people who are so anxious to publish the names of CCW holders
(under the guise of "public record"), if they would be that enthusiastic about publishing the names of AIDS patients?

How about we print all the medical records of everyone in the paper? After all, it is important to know whether you're living next to someone who could be contagious, or who could be mentally unstable, etc. and thus be a danger.

[angry]

They claimed it was justified until the publisher, editor, author started getting "personal attention" about it.

Whenever I see a really biased and factually wrong piece published in a major mag/paper, and I can track the author, I always write a letter to them and their editor. I've never, ever, not even once, gotten a reply, except from British media, which simply thank me for my feedback (polite lot, those Brits).

How's about somebody publishes a list of people and their addresses, employed in the media, known to NOT have a registered firearm, CCW permit, etc. (depending on the state)? Except for the big-guys with bodyguards, the rest might get that exposed, defenseless feeling...

(OK - I'll admit I'm on a media downer right now, with the media going after Bush, the War and all, at the expense of Iraqi and American lives...)

Hmm,my name and picture have ended up in the local paper a few times for club shoots so I'm thinking that anyone that knows anything about MA gun law could conclude that I might have an LTC.

Hmm,my name and picture have ended up in the local paper a few times for club shoots so I'm thinking that anyone that knows anything about MA gun law could conclude that I might have an LTC.

Your choice however. Very different than having a list of names, addresses, DOB and phone numbers published in the Sunday paper (happened in FL).

When TV crew showed up at BR&P one evening, I told them outright, NO pictures of me. I was cleaning an AR15 on the bench when they arrived and I opened the door for them. You can guess where that would have gone if they took a picture of it/me! [rolleyes]

When my Wife attended the first SAS all day shoot, Ch. 7 showed up and spent the day with them. She was on the news (side view of face only). So if you know her, you might recognize her, but less likely if you don't know her.

Len S was correct about the law being passed years ago in MA making info on gun owners private. Interesting situation as "many" anti-gun legislators joined GOAL to get this bill passes quickly (with emergency actions to make it effective immediately) since them having a LTC would have undermined their credibility with their anti-gun supporters! :)

Legal issues sometimes make for strange bedfellows!

Back
Top Bottom